Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

DestroWave

Reaction score
Hey,

what is the typical hall life like? is the experience really worth it or is it overrated? btw, which halls are good and nice? I have been hearing that Kent Ridge is a really fun and new hall is it?

Btw, when will the results for hall application be known?

Depends on your neighbours. You'll meet all kind of people. Some are just so thick skin that you wished you never stay in a hall.

Just go there know more people. Hall life depends on who your neighbours and how willing you're to mix with them.

elsenoire

Reaction score
Same here.

Wonder when the appeal is going to be open. Have emailed them but no reply. Tried looking but the links all lead back to the same place. Going to call soon.

pokerfaceee

Reaction score
Same here.

Wonder when the appeal is going to be open. Have emailed them but no reply. Tried looking but the links all lead back to the same place. Going to call soon.
Elsenoire, may I know which halls did you apply for? and what is your first choice?

elsenoire

Reaction score
Elsenoire, may I know which halls did you apply for? and what is your first choice?

Can't remember. I just know I avoided applying for two halls which I found out to be sports halls. Applied for single for all three.

Just out of curiosity, what's the failure rate like for housing admissions?

pokerfaceee

Reaction score
Can't remember. I just know I avoided applying for two halls which I found out to be sports halls. Applied for single for all three.

Just out of curiosity, what's the failure rate like for housing admissions?
I guess you're referring to Eusoff and Temasek Halls right.

And were you active in your JC CCA?

elsenoire

Reaction score
I guess you're referring to Eusoff and Temasek Halls right.

And were you active in your JC CCA?

Yea, I think Temasek was one of them, can't remember about Eusoff though. Wasn't active in CCA. Mine was like AV Crew so it was pretty much mundane. I took part more in writing newsletters for the school, organizing service learning activities between classes and providing tuition. Had around 5 or so things to write. Definitely cannot fight against those with entire lists of stuff but what I wrote should be more or less solid one. I'll just check in with them again, maybe apply and try for the late admissions one. Meanwhile, I'll just prepare to join the legion of cross-country commuters. :D

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think Temasek was one of them, can't remember about Eusoff though. Wasn't active in CCA. Mine was like AV Crew so it was pretty much mundane. I took part more in writing newsletters for the school, organizing service learning activities between classes and providing tuition. Had around 5 or so things to write. Definitely cannot fight against those with entire lists of stuff but what I wrote should be more or less solid one. I'll just check in with them again, maybe apply and try for the late admissions one. Meanwhile, I'll just prepare to join the legion of cross-country commuters. :D

Try for residences if cannot get hall.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you usually bring when checking in that time? Do you bring a whole luggage bag of stuff on the day of checking in or usually brought in later on? Also, what do they provide for the halls/residences? Got pillow/bedsheet etc or need to bring them yourself?

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you usually bring when checking in that time? Do you bring a whole luggage bag of stuff on the day of checking in or usually brought in later on? Also, what do they provide for the halls/residences? Got pillow/bedsheet etc or need to bring them yourself?

only got tilam nia (pillow boh), furniture, halls got washing machine + dryer, that's about it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.