Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

bhappy

Reaction score
The SOLS thing, I received it during lesson previously.
The UOW card and the username + password.

bhappy

Reaction score
Jimmy_gal

thanks babe...

mine is like monday to friday... omg -_-'''

btw, how come tutorial is like this.. eg T5a and T5b?

is it means class a and b or the tutorial is break down into part a n b? anyone know?

Monday to Friday is only the first 2 weeks I guess?
Tutorial a and b, you will soon receive another mail in student portal, stating which session you belong to.

Jimmy_gal

Reaction score
The SOLS thing, I received it during lesson previously.
The UOW card and the username + password.

Thanks bhappy! So the course materials are inside SOLS or SIM student portal? Wana read before lecture just to avoid being lost cat :D

JeJaKA84

Reaction score
Woa......204 and 212 is one of the most tiring semester to go through.
Lots of assignment to load you up especially if you're taking as part time studies. :s22:

my god help us all..... :s31:
maybe i can look for u if ran into some dead ends during my assignments?? :)

bhappy

Reaction score
Thanks bhappy! So the course materials are inside SOLS or SIM student portal? Wana read before lecture just to avoid being lost cat :D

Oh the course materials will be in a mail in student portal :)
You'll be given a link, together with the user id and password of that particular module. From there, you can download the lecture notes, tutorials and labs, provided that the lecturer has uploaded it.
It should be out soon, next week or something!

Jimmy_gal

Reaction score
Oh the course materials will be in a mail in student portal :)
You'll be given a link, together with the user id and password of that particular module. From there, you can download the lecture notes, tutorials and labs, provided that the lecturer has uploaded it.
It should be out soon, next week or something!

thank you :) will we need to buy textbook for math121 and ecte181? Btw, bhappy, which year u are now?

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Monday to Friday is only the first 2 weeks I guess?
Tutorial a and b, you will soon receive another mail in student portal, stating which session you belong to.

yup yup monday to friday is the first 2 weeks of lecture..

bhappy

Reaction score
Jimmy_gal, sorry I don't know about textbook. But usually the lecturer will let you know if it's compulsory to get. But again, I was a direct year 3, so I don't know about textbooks for other years. Because year 3 lecturers will tell us if it's necessary to get the books or not.
I've just completed :)

EmoFaith, yea. Lecture is pretty important! :)

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Jimmy_gal, sorry I don't know about textbook. But usually the lecturer will let you know if it's compulsory to get. But again, I was a direct year 3, so I don't know about textbooks for other years. Because year 3 lecturers will tell us if it's necessary to get the books or not.

you got bought textbooks? how many books ar?

bhappy

Reaction score
4 :)
CSCI361, CSCI358 (extremely thick book), CSCI368(depends on lecturer) and CSCI319 (very important)

DonnieKun

Reaction score
Hi bhappy, apart from Textbook, is there any compulsory material?
such as Laptops? my laptop is like 5 years old already and I usually get desktops.

JeJaKA84

Reaction score
"For NEW STUDENT, UOW will update your enrolment record with the subjects for your first session. Following your first session with SIM, you will be required to enrol into your relevant subjects on-line through SOLS. "

Just curious...tis mean we do not need to do any enrolment right or do we need to do it before 30th June???

bhappy

Reaction score
DonnieKun, only lecture notes. Laptops aren't really necessary because there's PCs in labs, and also for assignments, you can just use your PC at home. Unless you wanna do assignments with your friends, then you'll probably need a laptop.

JeJaKA84, are you in your first sem? If yes, then you can ignore that. If no, you'll have to enroll for your coming sem's modules.

Jimmy_gal

Reaction score
"For NEW STUDENT, UOW will update your enrolment record with the subjects for your first session. Following your first session with SIM, you will be required to enrol into your relevant subjects on-line through SOLS. "

Just curious...tis mean we do not need to do any enrolment right or do we need to do it before 30th June???

>>bhappy, thank you and congrats!, I will just wait for the lecturers then.
>>JeJaKA84, u received this as an email?

Last edited:

wallacesoh1

Reaction score

You have completed year 3? Congrats! Which course are you in? I'm looking for any seniors from DSS in year 3 who have any notes to share :D

I heard DSS has a module, "Cryptography" which is hell of a subject :/

wallacesoh1

Reaction score
Hi bhappy, apart from Textbook, is there any compulsory material?
such as Laptops? my laptop is like 5 years old already and I usually get desktops.

I would suggest you getting a laptop... especially if you're studying part time and your workplace allows you to use. So you can do your assignments there too... :D

wallacesoh1

Reaction score
haven't gotten the letter with the SOLs thing yet -_-... is this SOLs thing important?

It will take a while to receive the letter with SOLS details. It's important because you enrol your modules there and for you to check your exam results...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.