Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this true?

24degrees with middle fan speed vs 25degrees with fastest fan speed. The former consumer more electricity?

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
hi i got a question, i recently purchased a 4 room hdb resale and it already came with a 3 unit mitsubishi a/c system in all the bedrooms.
I was thinking of 2 options but not sure about the cost.

1) Replaced the sys 3 with a new sys 4 invertor with all bedrooms and living room airconditioned.
2) Keep the current sys 3 and change the position of the aircon units and replaced all the trunking.

The current sys 3 is only 2 years old.
Which will be the ideal choice and how much for both options roughly?
Thanks for your advice guys.

lifesgood

Reaction score
Went to gather info for installing aircon for my new 4rm flat. At first was attracted by the Panasonic inverter system 2 with a silver panel. However, the salesman recommended me to get the normal Panasonic series after hearing that I will only on my aircon on an ad-hoc basis. Usually, a fan should suffice unless its really hot then i will turn it on.

Is it true that inverter is more suited for long hour usage as according to the salesman, the inverter series using 1 motor/condenser to power 1, 2 or 3 units, while the normal Panasonic series will only activate one motor/condenser per unit of aircon turned on. The salesman said i will save more on electricity by getting the normal series if i only plan to on one aircon on an ad-hoc basis.

Please advise, thanks :)

Last edited:

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do u mean by ad-hoc basis?

i buy inverter because i on it every night.. approximately 8-9hrs at 25-26 deg

for long run i guess it will save more on electricity bill than non-inverter ones...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to gather info for installing aircon for my new 4rm flat. At first was attracted by the Panasonic inverter system 2 with a silver panel. However, the salesman recommended me to get the normal Panasonic series after hearing that I will only on my aircon on an ad-hoc basis. Usually, a fan should suffice unless its really hot then i will turn it on.

Is it true that inverter is more suited for long hour usage as according to the salesman, the inverter series using 1 motor/condenser to power 1, 2 or 3 units, while the normal Panasonic series will only activate one motor/condenser per unit of aircon turned on. The salesman said i will save more on electricity by getting the normal series if i only plan to on one aircon on an ad-hoc basis.

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

go NEA website check out the units data and calculate the differences.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think this is crap............no matter how long the usage per day it will still save for inverter aircon............:s22::s22:

as long as ur aircon is not under power (meaning BTU is correct) which the room can reach the temperature u set.......it will save electricity by using inverter......my room can easily hit the temperature i set around 15 mins time........;););)

becos inverter uses min electricity once the temperature has been reached.......;)

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think this is crap............no matter how long the usage per day it will still save for inverter aircon............:s22::s22:

I think the salesman meant that if you don't switch on the air-con for long hours, it might take more than few years to break even the cost.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the salesman meant that if you don't switch on the air-con for long hours, it might take more than few years to break even the cost.

seriously if u buy aircon but use it for only 1-2 hrs kind might as well dun use aircon.... it is kind of waste of resources.......;);););)

and a lot of ppl would rather save the few hundreds $$$ initially for not buying inverter aircon but end up they try to save so hard on electricity which they dun dare to on the aircon.....so what's the pt of buying aircon and not dare to use.....

think long run, if inverter cut down ur electricity bills, u will be more daring to on and enjoy the aircon, which serves better for its purpose.....;);)

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa seh, i wanted panasonic inverter
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=3069
Panasonic_System%203_3069L

but the height of compressor is 795, my house's window size access to outside ledge is 790

cant even bring out
have to change other brand liao loh!
tink i go toshiba

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa seh, i wanted panasonic inverter
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=3069
Panasonic_System%203_3069L

but the height of compressor is 795, my house's window size access to outside ledge is 790

cant even bring out
have to change other brand liao loh!
tink i go toshiba

ok , i set my mind to get mitshu due to $200 cheaper than toshiba. Also mitshu is popular brand with commonly found parts
now looking for neighbourhood contractor with distributorship to do for me.
neighbourhood contractor good, no need to go through big company
then anything cock up can directly call contractor, no need to call sales guy because sales guy usually dunno how to fix and act as middle man only

Mitsubishi%20Electric_System%203_2763L

Now to choose 1 lucky contractor from this list.... hmmm
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=125

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.