2) Transtar First class :
transtarfirstclass.jpg

3) Transtar Premium Z Club :
Zclub.jpg

4) Five Stars executive coach :
Fivestars.jpg

5) Grassland Royal Vip coach :
grass.jpg

do note top 3 are transtar because none of the coaches from the competition can really matches them. the closest one would be the five stars executive coach with cocoon seats .

This is just a rough guide for people whom do not know what coaches to take or try it out.

Do take not also that the transtar first class solitare is the most expensive as compared to others. Due to food serve on board , 100+ movies on demand , and only 16 seats , so is the first class coaches.
And transtar coaches also scores top ( in my opinion ) because their coaches have cocoon seats , which allows almost allows the whole seats to go down like a bed without disturbing people behind due to the design .
Both First class solitare and First class boasts a 10-inch LCD monitor.

Five stars Executive coach comes in 4th , which isn't bad .
That coach do comes with cocoon seat also , but the AVOD ( AUDIO VIDEO ON DEMAND ) loses out to Transtar AVOD . Not as much as transtar 100+ movies and music videos. but Five stars executive coaches is much cheaper than the first class coaches from transtar, Both coaches have almost the same features except the AVOD and Food serves on board . Both do come with coach attendant too.

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about the top speed? Those that can hit higher top speed can shorten the travel duration :s13:

buswhiz

Reaction score
for top speed, Konsortium buses always travel very fast.. my own experience..

oAkEn86

Reaction score
transtar premium i felt not nice.. just took it this afternoon from KL to SG. very stuffy. altho got fancy stuff like massage function and entertainment.

lonely5

Reaction score
transtar premium i felt not nice.. just took it this afternoon from KL to SG. very stuffy. altho got fancy stuff like massage function and entertainment.

do not mix up the transtar premium z club with the Transtar Premium coaches.
they are 2 different coaches:s12:
i think u meant the premium coaches not the premium z club coaches right?
becos the Z Club coaches comes with Cocoon seats like those found in the first class solitare coaches.
And it ain't stuffy at all :s12:

oAkEn86

Reaction score
do not mix up the transtar premium z club with the Transtar Premium coaches.
they are 2 different coaches:s12:
i think u meant the premium coaches not the premium z club coaches right?
becos the Z Club coaches comes with Cocoon seats like those found in the first class solitare coaches.
And it ain't stuffy at all :s12:

oo.. ya bro.. my bad... not z club.. mine is no club. lol

tandemAssassin

Reaction score
But how come Z Club is cheaper than Premium when I check online?

Another question, the bus will stop at Pasar Rakyat Terminal; will it be difficult to get out of there and is the Terminal safe?

bbmars1128

Reaction score

Another question, the bus will stop at Pasar Rakyat Terminal; will it be difficult to get out of there and is the Terminal safe?

You can actually walk to bukit bintang from the terminal, ~15-20min walk. Its a big open space with a passenger terminal. transtar has a sitting lounge there (took their coach there before several years ago). There is also a malay food court, not very big and shop selling local products. In fact, you can see Time Sqaure from the terminal. Safe? I can't really answer you that question. When Dr M opened that terminal for operation, it was claimed to be so and so agencies operating there. However, many in actual fact, many are reluctant to move away from Pudu. When I was there, only few agencies were open for business.

There is a taxi booth there too, not by meter but by couple. It won't be cheap as I had learned. 1st time there, didn't know where is KL Plaza. Took the taxi and pay RM7 (mislead by the map I found online, seems far away). Bu later I found out I can actually walk from the terminal and the journey, very short depending on traffic condition. I know because its so eaily to direct the taxi there... but the driver took some other route to reach. On my way back, just merely took less than 10 min going a round BB towards TS and then into the the big open spare where the terminal is located

Last edited:

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you list the price for each of the coach you recommended?

tandemAssassin

Reaction score
You can actually walk to bukit bintang from the terminal, ~15-20min walk.

There is a taxi booth there too, not by meter but by couple. It won't be cheap as I had learned. 1st time there, didn't know where is KL Plaza. Took the taxi and pay RM7 (mislead by the map I found online, seems far away). Bu later I found out I can actually walk from the terminal and the journey, very short depending on traffic condition. I know because its so eaily to direct the taxi there... but the driver took some other route to reach. On my way back, just merely took less than 10 min going a round BB towards TS and then into the the big open spare where the terminal is located

Ok thanks, but I think with luggage and all that, it is troublesome to walk. I guess taxi is still ok, but by couple means what?

luminicious

Reaction score
I found out actually that taking a plane is as cheap as taking the coach lor. Haha. Total from SG to KL and KL back to SG is less than $90 =.=

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually only $59 return flight from jetstar when book early(condem tiger). But u need do alot transit here or there.

Frankly, I do not like to confine in bus for 5 hours. Can see ppl from one point to another.

That's the problem with the flight. TRANSIT.

59 return but add the cost of the transit, you see it almost equal with the bus if the bus brings you direct to a hotel like the ones from Luxury.

FYI, it is MYR35 for a KLIA Ekspress to KLIA from KLS. Taxi is close to that. They have to compete and they will charge more if you are in the boondocks of KL or Selangor.

Of course there is the old standby which is KTMB but at MYR135 for upper bed sleeper cabin 1st class.

If you understand cities very well, the train is the best since it brings you into the city compared to airports which are usually outside the city. If you have been to Europe, you appreciate trains.

Why oh why Dr M? Why did you not work on the ailing KTMB? This idiotic thing call budget air will not have existed if the rail network of Malaysia is updated.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
The better way to fly is via Firefly to Subang. KLIA and LCCT are far, so transport options cost more in time and money.

lonely5

Reaction score

I Also not sure . Maybe because it's double deck

Kiasuman

Master Member
Reaction score
I actually rate FiveStar better than Transtar. Transtar is the nicest, but my experience is their things are always spoiled. Fivestar's service is better as well.

Service wise, Luxury Tours is the best, no comparison. :)

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Five Stars cannot book online. Or have they changed?

Have traveled on Luxury Tours a couple of times. Got one time, they have this guide chap on the coach. He is super entertaining and friendly. All the ang mohs on the coach love him so much.

Most of the other coaches have just the guy who will give you meals etc and that's it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.