Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

titusilvering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm, cause i recently bought a second hand set and the owner says that it is released. however after trying the method proposed by timberland, it seems that the device is still not released

if the device is released, the pin is good, you should see this screen when you try to register from local operators like M1, SINGTEL N SH

m1.jpg

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the device is released, the pin is good, you should see this screen when you try to register from local operators like M1, SINGTEL N SH

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/titusilvering/m1.jpg

yeah, that is why i find it kinda strange, since he claimed that PIN has been released. if the effect is immediate, i should be able to create a new user.

when he said that he will check with singtel, he told me that they would get back to him, but still no response.

i don't want to "think so much" but would like to explore the other possibilities, but it should be nothing too serious right? maybe just a cock up from singtel or something like that.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
for my case, i wait for 15minutes and it's release from my seller. mayb u wanna chase ur seller..

takahashi_87

Master Member
Reaction score
you all mean deactivate the PIN and IMEI from the BIS when u guys mention "Release" or something else?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you all mean deactivate the PIN and IMEI from the BIS when u guys mention "Release" or something else?

Deactivated pin is serious leh. Means whole device become normal smartphone liao. Cnt access the apps etc liao.

When u release, means pin is free.
When u are using it, means pin is locked.
When pin is deactivated = blacklisted = blocked = stolen/clone/modified/lost sets.

takahashi_87

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks alot dude. sorry for the confusion. so the only way to release the PIN is to call service provider? no other means?

takahashi_87

Master Member
Reaction score
oh i have another question coz im actually purchasing a used bb soon. my sim already has BIS. so if i plug my sim card into the used set, will it have the "3G BB" logo beside the reception bar?

assuming that the device's already been released from the service provider, can i activate straight via the host routing table thing and my bb account will automatically change my device to the "new" device?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup.... If ur BIS activated alr... it should get connected pretty fast... say 5 mins.. If not.. try a batt pull

ndrww08

Reaction score
Hi what if I buy a locked phone from ebay . can that be used in singapore ? that doesnt mean it has a bad imei or pin rite ?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Locked and blacklisted is different. Locked can be fixed. Blacklisted may not.

ndrww08

Reaction score
oh okay can anyone here offer their professional services to unlock my blackberry ? :D just got mine but its lpcked to tmobile :(

okAnO1

Reaction score
The PIN/IMEI must be registered using the Bb? cannot register through HTML?

LeslieHJL

Reaction score
Hi, what if the error message displayed indicates that the PIN is either suspended/deactivated?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, what if the error message displayed indicates that the PIN is either suspended/deactivated?

Hello. Can provide screen shot?
If say suspended or disabled, means the set has been reported (for loss or etc)

LeslieHJL

Reaction score
Hello. Can provide screen shot?
If say suspended or disabled, means the set has been reported (for loss or etc)

Here's the deal.

I don't know the seller whom I got the BB from needs to get the PIN released before I can use the set. Initially the error message was that the PIN was registered to another user.

Got him to release the PIN but he says Starhub told him it'll take 2 days. After confirming that he has informed Starhub of the PIN release, the error message was that the PIN is either suspended or disabled. This is the second day. Anyone can confirm if it does take that long to get the PIN released?

I hope I'm not getting played out here.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could be. If its b/listed, then its irreversible. From what the popup says, I see that there is a reason to believe that it is blacklisted

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not possible as blacklisted set constitutes to illegal set.
The set is: stolen, lost or cloned.
Hence, it has been reported to RIM already. They protect the last original known owner. Once its been reported, not reversible. U have a normal phone w/o blackberry services now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.