High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damnit!!! i just sliced a piece of my fourth finger flicking my goddard

pfft.... bleeding

Lonerider

Reaction score
damnit!!! i just sliced a piece of my fourth finger flicking my goddard

pfft.... bleeding

Mine... Have had this for a while. Ok, not a Rolex, at the rate I'm getting knives I'm lucky I can still wear a Seiko.

waynegoddardseiko01.jpg

Backlocks aren't the best choice for flicking open.

Last edited:

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine... Have had this for a while. Ok, not a Rolex, at the rate I'm getting knives I'm lucky I can still wear a Seiko.

waynegoddardseiko02.jpg

waynegoddardseiko01.jpg

actually i cut myself on the closing part
does your goddard sort of "fall" when u disengage the backlock?

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

waynegoddardseiko02.jpg

waynegoddardseiko01.jpg

heres mine
img2857iz.jpg

btw the micarta will be a pain in the ass to clean!

Lonerider

Reaction score
heres mine
img2857iz.jpg

btw the micarta will be a pain in the ass to clean!

All lockbacks have a closing bias. At a certain point of closing the spring will want to snap the knife shut. Same reason I got cut the first time. I don't find the micarta particularly hard to clean but it'll yellow if exposed to UV too much. Just how the resin reacts to it I guess. Since it's a pinned knife it is a bit more difficult to clean. WD40, canned air and cuetips works well for me.

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All lockbacks have a closing bias. At a certain point of closing the spring will want to snap the knife shut. Same reason I got cut the first time. I don't find the micarta particularly hard to clean but it'll yellow if exposed to UV too much. Just how the resin reacts to it I guess. Since it's a pinned knife it is a bit more difficult to clean. WD40, canned air and cuetips works well for me.

next time gotta meet n learn from u how to clean and sharpen properly :o:o

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what tools to i need to remove the bolts? the "slot" is star shaped!

i want to remove the clip from my mcusta

Lonerider

Reaction score
what tools to i need to remove the bolts? the "slot" is star shaped!

i want to remove the clip from my mcusta

bit1(1).jpeg

If it is leftmost then it's a Torx screw... You need a Torx bit. They can be found in a lot of stores nowadays. Bits comes in Tx... X being the size. E.g. T2, T3 etc.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I find the SOG seal pup a PITA to use for field crafting.. the aus8 steel doesn't hold the edge after a few hard use outfield building concealment.. nothing beats the SAF issued ontario machete! :s13:

Lonerider, or anyone has any tips on maintaining/sharpening convex edge blades? I've got 2 brkt bravo necker coming and am looking to get a leather strop for maintenance..any idea where I can get the leather strops and the compounds?

Lonerider

Reaction score
I find the SOG seal pup a PITA to use for field crafting.. the aus8 steel doesn't hold the edge after a few hard use outfield building concealment.. nothing beats the SAF issued ontario machete! :s13:

Lonerider, or anyone has any tips on maintaining/sharpening convex edge blades? I've got 2 brkt bravo necker coming and am looking to get a leather strop for maintenance..any idea where I can get the leather strops and the compounds?

What have you been cutting? So far AUS8 has been OK for me but it's on a folder. My Ontario RAT 3 in D2 is the only fixed blade I've used much and that hasn't needed much maintenance.

On convex edges... Only one, well 2 actually that I have is my Spyderco Forrester. Haven't had a chance to use them yet. Probably never will. I have a strop I made myself. You can get leather from stores selling belt but make sure it's thick and has some give if you're using it for convex edges. The green and grey compound you can find in hardware stores... DIY stores don't stock them. I found them at a hardware store in Toh Guan industrial estate. Use untanned leather... The tanned stuff doesn't hold compound well.

grenharware

Reaction score

I got a Fallkniven knife, which is convex edged. Ordered a leather strop + stropping compound (black & green) from knivesshipfree.com. Keeps my knife sharp but I am quite noobish and haven't reached the shaving sharp edge yet! Nice strop and you gotta get the compounds... :s7:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
What have you been cutting?

the typical deadfall and sapling in marsiling.. the sog seal pup is now relegated as a pry bar than serious field-crafting :s8:

I got a Fallkniven knife, which is convex edged. Ordered a leather strop + stropping compound (black & green) from knivesshipfree.com. Keeps my knife sharp but I am quite noobish and haven't reached the shaving sharp edge yet! Nice strop and you gotta get the compounds... :s7:

Yeah, I got the 2 bravo necker and the scales from KSF! I'll just get the strops from them again. :D

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I like the mcusta scales! Where did you get them from?

Anyway I've always been looking for a low profile utility carrying system for my rats that has lots of mounting option.. whether it mounting molle, drop leg or simply belt carry and Martin Swinkles solved it for me with his beautiful work!

Here's some pics!
eseeratcutleryrc6izulap.jpg

Piggy system for the izula on the esee-6

eseeratcutleryrc6izulap.jpg

Side view of how low the entire profile is, really makes a difference when moving in dense environment!

I ask for a modular system and this allows a maxped or similar pouch to be mounted in front when the izula is piggy-ed on the back!

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
Just received one of these yesterday... pics will follow. It's an Elishewitz collaboration. Button lock, cryo treated 154CM blade.

34171L.jpg

Lonerider

Reaction score
green_fiber_optic_blade.JPG

green_fiber_optic.JPG

singapore can bring in this?

Fiber optic glass... Cool but not really practical I guess but hey haven't we all bought stuff we don't need. Shouldn't be an issue bringing it in. The top part is sharpened though and who knows what customs may feel about that. Dagger? Handle looks more like a hunting knife though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.