Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the contractor's workers clean one mah, not i clean

u sure after that u dont have to vacuum/sweep and mop the floor:s11: :eek:

its a big headache.... and move the stuffs back to its original place...

most contractor workers will keep their tools and ask u sign the invoice n go off....

dont think they so free to clean for u... maybe only those big debris which is too obvious lah.....

unless u dont do drilling (if u already install before) then there's nothing much to clean up lor

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi%20Electric_System%203_2763L

b3n

Reaction score
HDB window Height is 660mm

Hi guys
Hv decided either Mitsubishi or Panasonic system 3 inverter. Not sure if I can hv it installed as my HDB bedrm has 66omm ht opening? Pls can anyone advise? (I kana con to buy LG & stand to lose 250 deposit:s11:)

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
for those with long living room n dining room, what is the BTU of yr aircon unit?

how much will a mitsubishi sys 2 (1x 24000??? BTU, 9000) costed? thanks

oh did any of u guys hide the piping in the false ceiling or L box?

cartoon2211

Reaction score
Hi guys
Hv decided either Mitsubishi or Panasonic system 3 inverter. Not sure if I can hv it installed as my HDB bedrm has 66omm ht opening? Pls can anyone advise? (I kana con to buy LG & stand to lose 250 deposit:s11:)

I got my Pana sys 3 inventer recently... I'm having a push-out window type for my masterbed room, after installing the new bracket, the installer then realised that they may have to "file" the lower part of the window! And told me there's no way to lower the bracket further (which I doubt so). But luckily after installing the condenser, my window was able to open without any "filing"... it misses the condenser by merely a 3mm gap!

So far I'm happy with this product, it's quiet and able to cool my room fast (compare to my previous non-inverter unit).

tazzycorner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am planning to install air-cons in 4 bedrooms ...
thinking of getting two sets of systems 2 ... roughly how much would it cost?

any recommendations or advice will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my Pana sys 3 inventer recently... I'm having a push-out window type for my masterbed room, after installing the new bracket, the installer then realised that they may have to "file" the lower part of the window! And told me there's no way to lower the bracket further (which I doubt so). But luckily after installing the condenser, my window was able to open without any "filing"... it misses the condenser by merely a 3mm gap!

So far I'm happy with this product, it's quiet and able to cool my room fast (compare to my previous non-inverter unit).

inverter ish good, especially the electricity bill raised like hell........in long run it is more cost savings to spend a little more to buy inverter aircon at the initial installation stage....

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

660mm is not enough, u need 800mm
make sure your contractor is prepared to install it for u by pushing it from another window ledge

i suggest you ditch panasonic like i did. Initially i still wanted panasonic but if the compressor need to change under warrenty or anything, other contractors might not be willing to push it through the other window ledge

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Dear aircon expert..

I'm contemplating of changing my aircon to system 3.
My floor plan is below.
From the discussion that I read, I guess 9000 BTU for each room will be sufficient. Note that I plan to extend my aircon to the "Utility Room" behind the kitchen as well.
Is it feasible? Is there any optimised place to put the FCU?

Another question.. since at the right side of BR is a staircase, do you think I can put the Outdoor Compressor unit there?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear aircon expert..

I'm contemplating of changing my aircon to system 3.
My floor plan is below.
From the discussion that I read, I guess 9000 BTU for each room will be sufficient. Note that I plan to extend my aircon to the "Utility Room" behind the kitchen as well.
Is it feasible? Is there any optimised place to put the FCU?

Another question.. since at the right side of BR is a staircase, do you think I can put the Outdoor Compressor unit there?

is the utility room added during MUP(main upgrading programme)?

if it is so, than the condenser cannot be placed at utility room.

it will be placed outside master bedroom wit bracket.

yes, u can install fcu at utility room. jus tat will drill many holes to go through 2 toilets.

sentosaubin

Reaction score

yes, u can install fcu at utility room. jus tat will drill many holes to go through 2 toilets.

You are right, the utility room is added during MUP

I don't plan to put condensor inside utility room. I plan to either put it outside Master BR or at the right side of master BR, which is a staircase

go through toilets huh.... i would rather it go through the wall in the kitchen?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right, the utility room is added during MUP

I don't plan to put condensor inside utility room. I plan to either put it outside Master BR or at the right side of master BR, which is a staircase

go through toilets huh.... i would rather it go through the wall in the kitchen?

the placement of condenser shld be jus outside the windows, below the windows wall.

up to u..u hav to tell the installer. but the shorter the copper pipe, the better.

sentosaubin

Reaction score

the placement of condenser shld be jus outside the windows, below the windows wall.

up to u..u hav to tell the installer. but the shorter the copper pipe, the better.

good suggestion... i think i know what you are talking about... right side of toilet wall to utility room...

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Hi experts,

I'm researching an aircon inverter for my future use. For room of 12 sqm size (window facing south) in HDB, what would be the sufficient BTU required? There are option of 6800 BTU, 7500 BTU, 7800 BTU, and 8800 BTU.

Seems like 8800 BTU is too big for 12sqm room size....
Any expert suggestion? :)

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8800 is ok IMO, mine is only 8550 if i remember correctly

ur room (non-MBR) is just the same as mine...

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,

I'm researching an aircon inverter for my future use. For room of 12 sqm size (window facing south) in HDB, what would be the sufficient BTU required? There are option of 6800 BTU, 7500 BTU, 7800 BTU, and 8800 BTU.

Seems like 8800 BTU is too big for 12sqm room size....
Any expert suggestion? :)

make sure ur aircon BTU is not under power for ur room size, else it will take much longer to reach the set temperature, or even worst nvr reach....in that case, it defeats the purpose of inverter aircon, becos if ur room temperature cannot reach the set temperature, inverter cannot save u on the electricity...;););););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.