Aztech powerline HL110EW weird issues, pls help..

Charcoal

Reaction score
can I use the HL110EW/HL110E and other Aztech homeplug with my existing 2Wire router / Comtrend set up? How? It didn't work by simply plug and play ...

Thanks for the help in advance !

Cheers

ruthless0520

Reaction score
can I use the HL110EW/HL110E and other Aztech homeplug with my existing 2Wire router / Comtrend set up? How? It didn't work by simply plug and play ...

Thanks for the help in advance !

Cheers

I think comtrend is not compatible with aztech due to different chipset

alanchia67

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, aztech's is based on Homeplug Alliance. comtrend's based on Universal Powerline Association. These 2 arent compatible.

Charcoal

Reaction score
yup, aztech's is based on Homeplug Alliance. comtrend's based on Universal Powerline Association. These 2 arent compatible.

So, what options do I have ? to buy more Comtrend's ? $178 a pair fm Singtel !!

Or change the existing one to Aztech as well ? I suppose no compatible issue with 2Wire ...

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can plug 2 pair to the router, and 2 pair to your device
i.e. 1x HPA-based, 1x UPA-based to router

Although you have 4 units, you can only connect up to 2 devices compared to 3 when its same standard

Turalyon

Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

You have not answered my previous query. Please do help me out. After being connected to the wireless homeplug, I will lose connection to my home network after about 30 mins of surfing while my other devices not connected to the homeplug but in the same network can still connect to the internet. This happens to my netbook on win xp, ipod touch and android devices. Thanks.

Aztech HQ

Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

You have not answered my previous query. Please do help me out. After being connected to the wireless homeplug, I will lose connection to my home network after about 30 mins of surfing while my other devices not connected to the homeplug but in the same network can still connect to the internet. This happens to my netbook on win xp, ipod touch and android devices. Thanks.

Turalyon,

PM me yr contact so that I can have our engineers to call you in the morning. He will diagnose the problem and probably we will have to come over to yr place to determine the root cause.

Before that, may I know if you have flashed with the new firmware (HL110EW) ?

Aztech HQ

Charcoal

Reaction score
You can plug 2 pair to the router, and 2 pair to your device
i.e. 1x HPA-based, 1x UPA-based to router

Although you have 4 units, you can only connect up to 2 devices compared to 3 when its same standard

I tried that : connected the Homgplug pair, one connected to the 2Wire and it also detected both network (?), but the homeplug's one can't connect to internet... why?

Also, there was one when I plugged the new pair, my existing network (by Comtrend) cut off straight away.

Sorry, I am not a tech guy and thanks for all the advices.

tortise84

Reaction score
Help needed from Aztech HQ

hello... I've sent you a pm and waiting for your reply... urgent... thank you

molecule

Reaction score
so what's the latest difference for 110EW firmware v2.2-001 & the recently release 2.2-002???

tortise84

Reaction score
linksys wrt160N

hello.... anyone here uses linksys wrt160N together with the wireless homeplug? anyone knows what had aztech done to fix the ip address 192.168.1.1 conflict issue?

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the updated firmware changes the IP of the wireless interface inside the HL110EW, and hence no more conflict.
The device shld work as it should

mosasoma

Reaction score
dear aztech my hl110e/hl110ew cannot connect to each other despite the methods and ways advised to me.

shawntim

Reaction score
Aztech powerline HL110EW connection and security issues

Hi, I bought the Aztech Powerline HL110EW and HL110E and is set up in the following manner. I'm getting "Error: Device Not Connected errors" Please advise.

HL110E is in my room connected to my wireless router (that is connected to my Starhub cable modem) and plugged in.

HL110EW is in the living room; both are paired.

I'm able to get connected wirelessly to HL110EW using the SSID indicated on it. I'm currently connected to it wirelessly writing this post.

When I launch the setup utility, HomePlug AV Utility, this are my results

1) Home Tab - Network Card: Selected my laptop's wireless card. MAC Address displayed is the 110EW's MAC address.

2) Home Tab - Wireless Summary: Totally nothing

3) Homeplug Tab - Under Devices subtab, Remote Homeplug Mac Address is the one in my room. There are connection stats here.

4) Wireless Tab - "Error: Device Not Connected" is displayed. What does it mean? All GUI elements in all 3 subtabs are grayed-out / disabled

5) Firmware Tab - "206.2.4-01" Is this the latest? I cannot upgrade firmware because "Device is not connected".

On my current wireless router I have MAC access filtering, but the Aztech HL110EW is creating another wide open door, any device even not on my MAC-allowed list is able to connect to my Network. How can I get connected to the 110EW so that I can set these security settings?

Thanks much

mickeyrat

Reaction score
HL280E & HL110EW issues

Clearly I am not alone in having issues with Aztech's new product. I have 3 HL280E and 1 HL110EW and can not get any stable working solution. The HL280E's will work for about 10min and then keep dropping internet connections. I can not get any internet connection on the HL110EW using wireless but it will work wired - again for ~10min and then it drops the internet connection. Connection between the HL280E's appear fine as the blue light will be on. I have updated the firmware on all the devices as well as my Linksys 610N router. Interestingly though, the early version I have (HL110E) don't have any of these issues. - Clearly a waste of money (not to mention TIME !) upgrading.

What frustrates me the most though is Aztech technical support don't answer the ph and don't return calls.

Time to take the issue to CASE?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.