Question about Malacca

Chengster

Reaction score
thank you. however i check with hotel puri and they only have superior room which cost rm184nett. do you think it is worth it??

:(

No more Deluxe? Well, RM160++ Superior room is not bad la... breakfast included... althou i prefer to go out and eat the wanton noodles and have a cuppa.

Cheaper will be Baba House.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
whats the best coach?
and agency to book my hotel + coach?

There are many coaches to malacca. Popular one is 707 express and delima express.

Hotel can always book separately through the hotel or online portal.

bapakmo

Reaction score
hi.. where u book it? 165 for 2 pax? that is cheap!

U should try this place out its only SGD168 for 10 pax. Its a huge corner lot homestay.
Go Melaka must eat out fellow forumers. No point eating in cos there's so much nice food outhere.

Just my 2cents.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
yoz guys, just went to malacca trip 2d1n last saturday.

went to larkin bus terminal from Kranji at 7am, reach there about 830am and bought 707 9am coach tix at 20RM to Melaka, reach at 12pm sharp. Tried to buy the direct to SG coach tix at melaka sentral for Sunday 4+pm, but all sold out only left 2pm or 12pm tixs, so we decided to buy tix to larkin and from there to SG. EDIT: advise to book the delima coach tix online for the return trip! just extra 2rm to save u tons of trouble getting tix on the spot.

and then we took cab to the hotel holiday inn, nice hotel, comfy and spacious but my room is not straits view just city view but good enough. The pool there has some nice overview of the straits of malacca, also theres jacquzzi for GUYS only haa not forgetting steam room and sauna. Jus beside the hotel there's this place call The Jetty is a clubbing hotspot Arena, saw alot of msia mm there on saturday night =:p

greatly recommended holiday inn for the stay, very near to mahkota parade and dataran pahlawan shopping mall, just that hafta cross a busy express way to reach there but still ok mus have patience though. the hotel also provides shuttle mini bus to that shopping mall and jonker street, at 2hr interval starting from 10am and last at 10pm.

nothin much on the shopping malls and jonker street though, its been the usual since my last trip there 2yrs back :s13:

buswhiz

Reaction score
There are only 3 famous bus company operating between Malacca & Singapore. Delima Express, SG-Mlk express & 707..

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Does any coach drop you at the Holiday Inn instead of Melaka Sentral?

yes, if u purchase coach tixs from our local tour agency like Five Stars and Konsortium lor, but will be 2x more expensive. :(

definitely no prob gettin a cab from melaka sentral, they got a Teksi control station there lol...around 15rm to reach holiday inn :s13:

jornado

Reaction score
No more Deluxe? Well, RM160++ Superior room is not bad la... breakfast included... althou i prefer to go out and eat the wanton noodles and have a cuppa.

Cheaper will be Baba House.
mind if i ask how do u get booking details for the Baba House ar?

wad r their rates?

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Courtyard Heeren hotel at jonker area.. liked the modern looking nonya kind of decor.. nice tree and small outdoor area within the toilet (only source of sunlight for room as there are no windows) nice rain shower

parking not as secure as others with locked gates as it is at the back alley of the hotel very open concept with a lone security guard looking after at night, but got singapore BMW 5 series next to my car so i feel safer. :s13:

don't mind staying again!

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
ic. what about jonker street?
alot of things to see during a weekday?

For jonker street, weekday or weekend actually the same except weekend got pasar malam. I would prefer weekday because the stalls and restaurants less crowd, traffic also not so heavy and parking is easy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.