~Porter Japan Official Thread~

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi question to ask.. I been wanting to find bags like

OLD SCHOOL FEVER11178-005 or POSTRIDER11184-004 any idea how much may it cost or selling in singapore??

http://www.ll-porter.com/product.php?cp=6&sid=15&lid=2&bid=2&p1=64&p2=62&p3=1

As compare to porter international and porter tokyo which one is more of quality and durable??

i was once told before Porter International has nothing to do with Head Porter and Yoshida Porter. though it has been trying very hard to replicate the latter designs
True???

WhoDriveHonda

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was once told before Porter International has nothing to do with Head Porter and Yoshida Porter. though it has been trying very hard to replicate the latter designs
True???

I heard they are under porter control in terms of quality and stuff. Just that the name change something like that. not sure though..

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Porter International dispute

Approximately in 1989, the international company (Porter International Company Limited) located in Taiwan Taichung introduced PORTER into Taiwan. At that time, "Porter international" and "Yoshida Porter" cooperation was importing the Japanese raw material, the material quality, the design, independently made by the Taiwan locality, They were allowed voluntarily to change some designs, therefore equally was "PORTER.TOKYO.JAPAN".

However the label indicate "MADE IN TAIWAN", used to distinguish the Japanese-made PORTER, at that time Taiwan PORTER indeed had the close cooperation relations with Japan. After 2000, because in the Japanese drama "love generation", "the beautiful life" plays an important role lead's KIMURA TAKUYA used "Porter Tanker" which led the Porter series sale.

As "Yoshida PORTER" only has trademark in Japan and other local registration, in 2001 the Taiwan business agent "Porter International", saw the business opportunity, trademark the whole world "the Porter trademark" and obtains the international trademark rights, the design manufacture and the operating right, and started to take the sale by "Porter International" However the Japanese 原創 parent company "Yoshida Porter" certainly did not acknowledge "PORTER INTERNATIONAL" this brand, causing the market to appear the legitimate Japanese sign "PORTER.TOKYO.JAPAN" and the Taiwan sign "PORTER INTERNATIONAL".

Because the Japanese company has established a resounding Porter=Yoshida brandname, the Taiwan business agent who registered "the Porter trademark" received much criticism, and also caused the common consumer to be unable to distinguish the difference.

The above is translated directly from Chinese text, hence the broken English.

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yoshida started in 1935. Porter Int started in 2001.

anyway i been using this bag as working bag since i started working <2.5years ago:

7882-02.jpg

me and my gf owns a total of 8 yoshida bags :o

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yoshida started in 1935. Porter Int started in 2001.

anyway i been using this bag as working bag since i started working <2.5years ago:

7882-02.jpg

me and my gf owns a total of 8 yoshida bags :o

is this the heat series???
i read that the material SUPER solid is those army used de :D

bought in Japan???

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this the heat series???
i read that the material SUPER solid is those army used de :D

bought in Japan???

HEAT series are nylon fabrics used in making army stuffs and bullet vest (still need to insert metal plates la!)

bought it from coolcat (before it stopped shipping internationally)

nowadays buy from rakuten

now is not a good time to buy.. the jap exchange rate so high at $1 yen = S$0.0158!

last time i buy as low as S$0.0137.. or S$0.014X

recently bought this for gf at about exchange rate $0.0150 from rakuten, futaba:

boyfriend_image.jpg

Last edited:

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Around S$40. I know it's exp but when i open box.
I knew i have made the right choice of getting this bag.

Love the bag so much!! It's just moivate me to work and made more money! Hehe.

they charge you ¥21,000 and not ¥22,050 right?

¥21,000 is without tax.. you no need pay tax..

¥21,000 is S$336

my calculation is $33 (¥2100, for up to 1.4kg, bag is 940grams only) for shipping

total $370

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HEAT series are nylon fabrics used in making army stuffs and bullet vest (still need to insert metal plates la!)

bought it from coolcat (before it stopped shipping internationally)

nowadays buy from rakuten

now is not a good time to buy.. the jap exchange rate so high at $1 yen = S$0.0158!

last time i buy as low as S$0.0137.. or S$0.014X

recently bought this for gf at about exchange rate $0.0150 from rakuten, futaba:

boyfriend_image.jpg

no wonder lah.
i think 2yrs ago, it even went below $0.013 even. But for the past 1yr, its been moving ard the 0.015 line. It may take another yr or two to move back... :(

actually i was kinda thinking btn this and tanker series briefcase. I am "worried" if this heat series look too serious working briefcase or not :p

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no wonder lah.
i think 2yrs ago, it even went below $0.013 even. But for the past 1yr, its been moving ard the 0.015 line. It may take another yr or two to move back... :(

actually i was kinda thinking btn this and tanker series briefcase. I am "worried" if this heat series look too serious working briefcase or not :p

yup i think it might be abit too serious too..
i recently switch jobs and not required to wear long sleeve shirts and pants anymore

so i looking to buy a smoky/freestyle/tanker briefcase

most prob smoky.. cos i dont have anything from that series..

snip82

Reaction score
Hi may I know if Taiwan porter series is under porter international or porter Tokyo?? I'm going this aug to Taiwan may take alook but not sure the price is it exp as compare to buy online

misanthropyk

Reaction score
Porter X G1950 XUntold (Brand New 10/10)

Hi guys,

selling the wallet in the link [dark blue]( [h t t p ://item.rakuten.co.jp/rds/untold-a073-ugpwallet/ )

Collaboration between Porter, G1950 and Untold.

bought it from the same link.

never used 10/10 mint condition.

sgd60 flat.

please pm if interested thanks =)

Last edited:

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi may I know if Taiwan porter series is under porter international or porter Tokyo?? I'm going this aug to Taiwan may take alook but not sure the price is it exp as compare to buy online

taiwan is porter internation but u can find porter japan at these address or some japanese street brand stores...

台北市忠孝東路四段181巷40弄3號

台中市西屯區河南路三段120號

FortyFive

Reaction score
Has anyone tried purchasing from Rakuten these few days?

I wanted to buy a 2 way briefcase from the Porter Layer series, 817-06645.

After I sent them an enquiry, this is what they replied, as shown below:

Thank you indeed for using "GALLERIA-Onlineshop" for this time.
"[Yoshidakaban]" "PORTER" cannot be sent to foreign countries by the intention of the manufacturer.
I am sorry.
If they are other brands, it is possible to send it.
The carriage is generated when sending it to foreign countries.
Please feel free to inquire when there is an uncertain point.

Is there an alternative for me to purchase this briefcase?

digiMAX

Reaction score
Has anyone tried purchasing from Rakuten these few days?

I wanted to buy a 2 way briefcase from the Porter Layer series, 817-06645.

After I sent them an enquiry, this is what they replied, as shown below:

Thank you indeed for using "GALLERIA-Onlineshop" for this time.
"[Yoshidakaban]" "PORTER" cannot be sent to foreign countries by the intention of the manufacturer.
I am sorry.
If they are other brands, it is possible to send it.
The carriage is generated when sending it to foreign countries.
Please feel free to inquire when there is an uncertain point.

Is there an alternative for me to purchase this briefcase?

GALLERIA will abide with PORTER's rules of not shipping merchandise overseas.. Try and see if FUTABA-BAG sells the item you want, they ship fast and don't give a heck about the rules :s13:

FortyFive

Reaction score
GALLERIA will abide with PORTER's rules of not shipping merchandise overseas.. Try and see if FUTABA-BAG sells the item you want, they ship fast and don't give a heck about the rules :s13:

Okay. I will try Futaba.

Do you have any idea if shipping is cheaper? Since I don't have to go thru tenso to buy from Futaba.

misanthropyk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

selling the wallet in the link [dark blue]( [h t t p ://item.rakuten.co.jp/rds/untold-a073-ugpwallet/ )

Collaboration between Porter, G1950 and Untold.

bought it from the same link.

never used 10/10 mint condition.

sgd60 flat.

please pm if interested thanks =)

up:s12::s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.