Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i got some question.
Currently i have a system2 airconditioner already installed in 2/3 of my 4rm flat rooms. If i want to install an aircon to the remaining last room, is it mandatory to removed my current system 2 aircon and install a brand new system 3? Izzit possible to just get a separate system 1 aircon to addon?

depends on yr old system how long liao.. if u tink the old system too old wan to change, than change to new system 3 which covers remaining last room.

u can add separate system 1 on tat remaining room, but hav to c whether u can install condenser outside the room or not. probably need approval from hdb. normally installer wil do for u.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
wow..yr usage alot more than my non-inverter w/ 2 fan coil usage..

hey.. i finally found out how to "consume less" for my non-inverter air con. You see, the only way the non-inverter aircon to save electricity is to turn on and off the compressor by their own logic. My system 2, the other room user didn't point the remote control to FCU, thus.. the aircon doesn't know that temperature has been reaached.. then outdoor unit is running full capacity for 8 hours.. x 2.5 That is 25 kwH.

Yesterday, it only consume around 15 kwH... That is a saving of 10 unit (40% efficiency)

littleredridinghood

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask u all ar, i'm using window aircon,... house cannot put in another BTU liao..

how? only can use window right? is there a BEST window aircon now in sg? :(

terumo

Reaction score
hey.. i finally found out how to "consume less" for my non-inverter air con. You see, the only way the non-inverter aircon to save electricity is to turn on and off the compressor by their own logic. My system 2, the other room user didn't point the remote control to FCU, thus.. the aircon doesn't know that temperature has been reaached.. then outdoor unit is running full capacity for 8 hours.. x 2.5 That is 25 kwH.

Yesterday, it only consume around 15 kwH... That is a saving of 10 unit (40% efficiency)

Ur hse aircon shld be Sanyo brand... :)

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it harmful when the aircon blow direct to us when sleeping?

just that u get cold easily only la....my aircon also blow directly at me, but i set the fan speed to lowest/quiet one......so still ok....but good thing abt directly blow at me is that it is very cold, if not blow directly, 25 degree then i feel cold, but if blow directly, set 27 degree is very cold already...save electricity also gua......:D:D:D

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just that u get cold easily only la....my aircon also blow directly at me, but i set the fan speed to lowest/quiet one......so still ok....but good thing abt directly blow at me is that it is very cold, if not blow directly, 25 degree then i feel cold, but if blow directly, set 27 degree is very cold already...save electricity also gua......:D:D:D

I heard about this harmful thingy from coolserve.com.sg so want to confirm with more guys here because my gf like to sleep under direct aircon.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard about this harmful thingy from coolserve.com.sg so want to confirm with more guys here because my gf like to sleep under direct aircon.

where is it the source?

of course it is not good to directly get blown under aircon directly one, that's why make sure dun set the fan speed too strong can liao...:s22::s22::s22: same as fan la, if directly kena blown strong wind for long also not good one la....

like i said, initially i set the temperature at 25 degree, and i got cold one time, after that i know the temperature i am ok with, and i set it to 26 or 27 degree at nite, no prob already.....:D

if ur body ish strong, it shouldn't be a prob, if not then u LL lo.......;)

good thing abt blowing directly, ish that u can really feel the aircon, like my aircon is directly above my study table, while i am using computer, and on aircon, i cannot really feel it though it is not hot already....

Beary10

Reaction score
Feeling lousy and affected by this company that i bought air-con from..@ IMM BXXT TXXXH recently. supposed to take 6 hr job to install became a two-full day job plus working O/T till 10 pm+ till i've to chase them out of the house. Air-con blew out warm air on the first day and they pumped in gas in the compressor and after 1 wk installation again blew out warm air after another week.... now the 3rd time the new air con is down within 3 wks. So much problem.. and have to take leave and wait for them to fix the problem. What else can i do besides waiting 1 wk after another for the cold air turn to warm air .. get them to come and pump again... dont really understand...
Sigh! anybody has similar experience and can tell me what to do next...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feeling lousy and affected by this company that i bought air-con from..@ IMM BXXT TXXXH recently. supposed to take 6 hr job to install became a two-full day job plus working O/T till 10 pm+ till i've to chase them out of the house. Air-con blew out warm air on the first day and they pumped in gas in the compressor and after 1 wk installation again blew out warm air after another week.... now the 3rd time the new air con is down within 3 wks. So much problem.. and have to take leave and wait for them to fix the problem. What else can i do besides waiting 1 wk after another for the cold air turn to warm air .. get them to come and pump again... dont really understand...
Sigh! anybody has similar experience and can tell me what to do next...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14091

should do homework 1st. :s16:
maybe can consider go to CASE.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently found out that two air con condensers of my house each has standby power of 140VAR, and 25W. This is extremely surprising
for a 3/4 ticks energy labeled product.

What this means is that even when the air con is not turned on, there will be about 0.8 Amperes circulating in the wiring, which
eventually will end up as heat losses. 25W also means that about S$5 per month per condenser will be wasted for nothing per condenser.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32540

any Mitsubishi Starmex inverter user want feedback?

elginlye

Reaction score
Looking for Sys3 aircon

Hi,

I'm replacing my dying 13-yr old Daikin Sys4 inverter with a Sys3 for the 3 bedrms (5rm HDB) with the following area in sqm.
MBR 18.9 (203sqf)
RM1 13.5 (145sqf)
RM2 12.4 (133sqf)
Is 9000BTU enough for each of the 3 rooms?
Anyone knows what's the BTU for Daikin FCU CTK25FVEN?

GainCity selling Sharp Inverter Sys3 @ $2399.
MHI Inverter Sys3 $2499.
Panasonic non-inverter Sys3 $1900.
Can't remember if Mitsubishi Electric non-inverter s either $1900 or $2100?

Given my low and mostly MBR usage, I originally planned to go for non-inverter, twin compressor models.

Now tempted to go for Sharp Inverter. Anyone has experience with this Sharp Inverter?

Comments/answers appreciated with thanks!

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Daikin Inverter seems to have very low BTU power.. not worth it...

I suggest you take Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Mitsubishi Electric

For MHI, you can go for this (id = 2077 in coolserve website, i cant post link)
SCM80ZG-S / 2 x SKM28ZG-S / SKM35ZG-S
2 x 8,189Btu/hr + 10,236Btu/hr
$2,938.00 (before GST)

For ME, you can use this (id = 2764 in coolserve web):
MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 2 / MSY-GE13VA
7,540 Btu/hr x 2 + 10,508 Btu/hr
$2,770.00 (before GST)

Daikin low power will make it non-sensical to use Inverter Aircon. Inverter works best when you use long hour and enough power to cool your room

elginlye

Reaction score
Ctk25fven is Daikin invertor 9k btu fancoil.

Correct. I mistakenly assumed its non-inverter when I don't see the "Inverter" label on the FCU :p

I came across this BTU table in Harvey Norman.
Area(sqf): BTUs per hr
100-150 : 8250
150-250 : 13750
250-300 : 16500
300-350 : 19250
Heavily-shaded room, less 10%.
Sunny room, add 10%.
Kitchen, add 4000BTU.
If >2 persons regularly occupy the room, add 600BTU for each extra person.

Based on my own experience, I think this is a bit overspec. Comments anyone?

terumo

Reaction score
9k btu should be enough for the 3 rooms. If u prefer to be colder, mbr use 12k btu.

lifesgood

Reaction score
Correct. I mistakenly assumed its non-inverter when I don't see the "Inverter" label on the FCU :p

I came across this BTU table in Harvey Norman.
Area(sqf): BTUs per hr
100-150 : 8250
150-250 : 13750
250-300 : 16500
300-350 : 19250
Heavily-shaded room, less 10%.
Sunny room, add 10%.
Kitchen, add 4000BTU.
If >2 persons regularly occupy the room, add 600BTU for each extra person.

Based on my own experience, I think this is a bit overspec. Comments anyone?

good guide. thx for sharing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.