prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

ahmahippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sry... just check... anyone bought laptop/netbook there to use b4? can 3g sim card use on our usb drive issued by eg: singtel, m1 etc...?

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sry... just check... anyone bought laptop/netbook there to use b4? can 3g sim card use on our usb drive issued by eg: singtel, m1 etc...?
i bring netbook b4
sim part portion nvr try,cos i got prepaid card

JadziaK

Reaction score
u need to get it at telecom centre. normal hp shops dont sell it.

Managed to get the da ge da 3G data sim card at a counter in Terminal 2 of taoyuan airport. Once u get out the arrival hall, turn left & look for counters selling sim cards. Da ge da counter next to zhong hua counter. Paid NT300 for 5 days unlimited data. Using it now to post.:)

Last edited:

Exanimated

Reaction score
Managed to get the da ge da 3G data sim card at a counter in Terminal 2 of taoyuan airport. Once u get out the arrival hall, turn left & look for counters selling sim cards. Da ge da counter next to zhong hua counter. Paid NT300 for 5 days unlimited data. Using it now to post.:)

Yup, got mine at Taoyuan airport too. All 3 telecos have 3G prepaid Data SIMs. DaGeDa is slightly more expensive for the unlimited data plans BUT are the ONLY one that can provide both telecommunication services & 3G data together.

Meaning to say, with the other telecos, you can only use the net but not the phone. So bo bian, got dageda unlimited 3G + talktime.

Should have gotten the least talk time SIM. Used Email and Watsapp all the way. still have S$10+ left in the card. Note: the value expires in 6mths.

yangken

Reaction score
Yup, got mine at Taoyuan airport too. All 3 telecos have 3G prepaid Data SIMs. DaGeDa is slightly more expensive for the unlimited data plans BUT are the ONLY one that can provide both telecommunication services & 3G data together.

Meaning to say, with the other telecos, you can only use the net but not the phone. So bo bian, got dageda unlimited 3G + talktime.

Should have gotten the least talk time SIM. Used Email and Watsapp all the way. still have S$10+ left in the card. Note: the value expires in 6mths.

Do they only have 5 days unlimited data + telecommunication service?
Is DaGeDa website http://www.taiwanmobile.com/index.html?

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
taiwan got 3 main telco...

Taiwanmobile (Taiwan Da Ge Da)
Chung Hwa Telecom (Chung Hwa Dian Xing)
FarEasTone (Yuan Dong Dian Xing)

yangken

Reaction score
thanks for the replies.most likely will get dageda since it provides calls as well as data plan.

Xcert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies.most likely will get dageda since it provides calls as well as data plan.
bring IC as well as passport...last time I went..the registration process needs IC+passport...not sure if its still the same now.

yangken

Reaction score
IC as in Singapore IC?

You mean that you brought your IC overseas? I thought IC is normally not used overseas? :)

bring IC as well as passport...last time I went..the registration process needs IC+passport...not sure if its still the same now.

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from taipei yesterday.

regarding the registration of Taiwan Mobile 3G prepaid, you can do so after entering the arrival hall (it's on your right).

Mine only require passport...NRIC not required.

sinner1974

Reaction score

ic??? u must be kiddng...kekeke:s13:

go oversea bring ic for what???

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so mean what? if i want to buy a 14days sim card, which one should i choose would be a better choice for me?

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the da ge da one got include calls? Can use to call and sms back to sg? How they deduct from the credit or anything? Or unlimited

sinner1974

Reaction score
the da ge da one got include calls? Can use to call and sms back to sg? How they deduct from the credit or anything? Or unlimited

the da ge da sim do include calls. can use it to call and sms back of cos. Its not unlimited. Can top up easily at 7-11. The data plan is unlimited. 5 days unlimited plan is about $15.50.

Mobile Broadband 1-Day Plan Unlimited plan for temporary assignments or short trips that need constant Internet access $100 (Available for 24 hours continuously starting from service activation)

Mobile Broadband 3-Day Plan $250 (Available for 72 hours continuously starting from service activation)

Mobile Broadband 5-Day Plan $350 (Available for 120 hours continuously starting from service activation)

http://english.taiwanmobile.com/english/product/broadRate.html

Last edited:

Ben255

Reaction score
Just came back from taipei yesterday.

regarding the registration of Taiwan Mobile 3G prepaid, you can do so after entering the arrival hall (it's on your right).

Mine only require passport...NRIC not required.

Do they just photocopy the passport or do you have to fill in a form. How much did the SIM card cost and the value in it. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.