(FAQ) For Blackberries. Please read this before asking.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro.
Can't seem to (or remember) how to reproduce your problem.. Could you create a new post for awareness? :)

Senate97

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Out of curiosity, if i got bbom data on my line with bis. Can I make voip phone call via 3G data on my blackberry mobile phone?

If so, will there be additional charge?

lucied

Reaction score
Might want to put this in your faq:

Singtel users will mostly likely experience disappearing BB logos. Sign up at your own risk.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really lah. I use st no problem. Haha.
And later st can sue.. So.. Better not

lucied

Reaction score
Every new thread about bb logo disappearing, I will ask if he/she is using singtel.

Answer is always yes

Refugees

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on the difference between browser and internet browser on my starhub handset. Is browser running under wap or all of them run under my bis plan?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on the difference between browser and internet browser on my starhub handset. Is browser running under wap or all of them run under my bis plan?

Please elaborate. There is only 1 browser in the Device by default, with 3 modes - internet, hotspot, telco(ur case is Starhub GEe!)

Will be under BIS if im not wrong for those modes unless you went to modify your APN.

Refugees

Reaction score
Yes by default there is only the browser but after my service get activated by starhub there is this extra internet browser which appear. I never meddle with the apn setting and under settings the default browser is under gee! While internet setting is under "internet browser".
Also according to my friend, I'll be charge for surfing youtube? Is he right or I'm able to surf and do anything with my bb under starhub bis plan?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes by default there is only the browser but after my service get activated by starhub there is this extra internet browser which appear. I never meddle with the apn setting and under settings the default browser is under gee! While internet setting is under "internet browser".
Also according to my friend, I'll be charge for surfing youtube? Is he right or I'm able to surf and do anything with my bb under starhub bis plan?

I see. Just use ur default browser and ignore/hide that gee one bah. Thats what i usually do.

You are on starhub BIS i assume?
From my knowledge, there is not limitations for BIS besides the bundled data.
I remember an email with Starhub and they mentioned everything is covered under BIS as long as you dont exceed. (that was in june if im not wrong - my phone auto trashes messages of 1month old and more, so cant find it =()
Best is call/email them and double confirm as their policies may change from time to time.

Refugees

Reaction score
I just call sh up and according to the cs. He told me there is no difference between the two browser just that one bring me to sh homepage and another bring me to the homepage of my choice. Sounds bit bull to me though. I also check regarding youtube and indeed sh got no restriction on them. But should I use the default browser which is under gee! or use the new internet browser?

Refugees

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that there is this logo with an arrow pointing at 7 o'clock position with a star at its rear to the left of the 3g logo while surfing and when I'm not surfing its in the middle. Any idea what the logo mean?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that there is this logo with an arrow pointing at 7 o'clock position with a star at its rear to the left of the 3g logo while surfing and when I'm not surfing its in the middle. Any idea what the logo mean?

Picture please. Use camera or take screenshot.

Im thinking could be an update. (cant rmb atm)

I just call sh up and according to the cs. He told me there is no difference between the two browser just that one bring me to sh homepage and another bring me to the homepage of my choice. Sounds bit bull to me though. I also check regarding youtube and indeed sh got no restriction on them. But should I use the default browser which is under gee! or use the new internet browser?

Its correct. But, the CSO forgot mention that using the GEE!, quite a bit of settings will differ like support for some things is omitted.
Just use the default browser set to "internet". Hotspot as mentioned, is only wifi. Gee! has some features missing. Internet supports both wifi and data and by default, has most features enabled.

Refugees

Reaction score
Yeah. The logo is an update available. No problem. Will change the setting. Thanks for your help!

Refugees

Reaction score
Got a new question to ask. Currently I'm on starhub 1gb bis plan than when using third party apps like Bolt, opera mini. Will there be extra charges? Or it falls under my bis plan as well?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In bolt, u can go to preferences and set BIS as transport mode
For moi is under moi bis =)

Refugees

Reaction score
Under transport, there is only two options. http and socket. The default is already http. So am I safe? What about other apps? Are all of them covered under starhub bis plan?

Last edited:

Refugees

Reaction score
Oh, you using starhub as well? Read through some thread and thought you're on singtel. So I can go and download anything from the apps store and from crackberry site?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm on st. But st has more limitations than sh. So it should be covered. Besides, remember that sh got no limitations? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.