View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #11
uRiZEn
Arch-Supremacy Member

No wonder innova evo seems to become much more expensive now. I can't find orijen in oz anymore. And i dun believe in letting my cat eat unhealthy food either so i always go for the best nutrition value for him.

Seems like Eagle pack is off the list as well judging from wiki.

WellPet - In October 2007 Eagle Pack was sold to Berwind Corporation for an undisclosed amount. In August of 2008 Wellness/Old Mother Hubbard was sold to Berwind [8] for $400 Million, generating a 7x profit on Catterton's initial investment. [9] Between 2008 and 2009, Eagle and OMH were merged into a single entity, Wellpet LLC. [10] [11] Around 90 of the company's 200+ employees are salespeople. [12] In 2009, a lawsuit was filed against Wellness and PetCo, alleging that Wellness's claim of "human grade" was untrue, and that the food contained feathers and non-human-grade cuts of meat.[13]
Dunno what brands to go for already. I believe in a balance of both dry and wet food though. Buying fresh chicken meat isn't as cheap as buying barf as well. Economically still cheaper for me to get barf for my feline.
uRiZEn is offline   Reply With Quote