Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

LeslieHJL

Reaction score
It is not possible as blacklisted set constitutes to illegal set.
The set is: stolen, lost or cloned.
Hence, it has been reported to RIM already. They protect the last original known owner. Once its been reported, not reversible. U have a normal phone w/o blackberry services now.

Would they reverse the blacklist if I can get the previous owner to verify the information?

This sucks man....

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its not a reversible process. This is what makes blackberry great. At least u know the person who steals ur phone won't be able to impersonate u (on bbm at least) and won't be able to use properly (blackberry service)

That's why we warn u here first with this sticky thread =)

daftjunk

Reaction score
I just got a bb set from States.. may I know how much will it cost to unlock/break the phone in SG? Thanks!

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Break? Just drop it from a building.. :s11:

Haha. Kidding.

U can go google for some online shops.

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i have check with singtel, the user have already release pin but how still get the message "its already registered..": how

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i have check with singtel, the user have already release pin but how still get the message "its already registered..": how

You check or owner check? call st ask for BLACKBERRY dpt and ask them double check

Hyori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have check with owner.. and singtel... singtel say the no is no longer key to them... but still have this problem how ah

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have check with owner.. and singtel... singtel say the no is no longer key to them... but still have this problem how ah

I got qns... u got put sim card into phone?
Try setting up from phone first?

If not, escalate case to RIM

Reaction score
I keyed in the pin and IMEI and they say "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service." what does this mean?

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I keyed in the pin and IMEI and they say "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service." what does this mean?

means u have to use your device browser to access your BIS login page for your email settings.

yikhiang

Reaction score
hey guys, just wanna double comfirm, if im selling away my blackberry, all i have to do is to backup my contacts etc on DM so i can transfer to my another blackberry right?
also i can just call starhub to ask them release the PIN that was orginally attached to my BIS for the buyer right?
adding on: the buyer buying from me already have BIS already

Last edited:

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. But u will lose all (if any) apps that u got. Best is use "transfer to another device" on the DM

yikhiang

Reaction score
Yup. But u will lose all (if any) apps that u got. Best is use "transfer to another device" on the DM

thanks lots for the advice, i have a friend working in starhub. he says even u wanna sell ur BB to other ppl, there is no need to release the pin and he still can use those blackberry services. is this true?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, haven tried. But many online reports says otherwise. But its always also a good habit to do it.
Cuz, if its still tied to ur account, blackberry will nt accept a new sim request to the device.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.