Question about Malacca

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If i received a RM30 parking ticket in Malacca, what to do ah? We don't live there and I doubt they can trace to SG cause it's not legal. Not that I didn't want to pay but everything was in Malay so I couldn't figure out a single word. Not intending to travel to Malacca anytime soon also.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if link to whole Malaysia.. u drive in u kena liao. Best is pay ba. Maybe email their polis and a ask how lo?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
it's the MBMB fine. getting my friend to help me lor, i don't mind paying just that the inconvenience really doesn't makes sense.

lsling

Reaction score
Would appreciate if can advise is aldy hotel, equatorial hotel, puri hotel and felix hotel.
Which would you advise for me who is visiting 1st time and would prefer to walk around instead of taking cab. TIA.

patlim74

Reaction score
i will be staying at Baba House.....Opp Puri Hotel.

I can give you the feedback when back :).....Hope the stay will be nice

As for the hotel you mentioned, most friend would said Equatorial Hotel (Most Singaporean stay there)....

multi

Reaction score
Would appreciate if can advise is aldy hotel, equatorial hotel, puri hotel and felix hotel.
Which would you advise for me who is visiting 1st time and would prefer to walk around instead of taking cab. TIA.

I would recommend Equatorial as it is near 2 major shopping centre and walking distant to Jonker walk. No need to drive around, just walk.

multistar28

Reaction score
Those who stay at Equatorial Hotel please do pay extra care to your car in the hotel carpark. My friend's car got broken into and DVD player rip off, cash card n small change in glove compartment all stolen and worse of all dun know how they rip his spedo meter off. In the end got to call AAM to tow to JB workshop and fix new one :eek: Cost his about 2K to get a new replacement.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, any problems of overcrowding or jam issues if i going on 9th Oct? its a state holiday for melaka, Birthday of Yang di-Pertua of Melaka. :s22:

its on Saturday, so will it be like a normal wkend or something big will happen?? :s11:

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
I guess that Satursday should be as per normal. Think just avoid long weekend will do.

multi

Reaction score
Those who stay at Equatorial Hotel please do pay extra care to your car in the hotel carpark. My friend's car got broken into and DVD player rip off, cash card n small change in glove compartment all stolen and worse of all dun know how they rip his spedo meter off. In the end got to call AAM to tow to JB workshop and fix new one :eek: Cost his about 2K to get a new replacement.

Where did he park his car? Is it at the basement car park of the Hotel? The basement car park looks safe with a Cashier counter operating 24hrs.
Try to park near the cashier if possible...

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone recently stayed at Riviera? Heard that the condition is quite bad? My last stay was in 1998.

buswhiz

Reaction score

wow.. never know melaka is such a dangerous place to park..

lsling

Reaction score
i will be staying at Baba House.....Opp Puri Hotel.

I can give you the feedback when back :).....Hope the stay will be nice

As for the hotel you mentioned, most friend would said Equatorial Hotel (Most Singaporean stay there)....

Look forward to your feedback. :)

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone recently stayed at Riviera? Heard that the condition is quite bad? My last stay was in 1998.

Why Riviera? So far out of the town. Furthermore, the beach has nothing to see.

Unless got renovation, otherwise the place quite run down liao.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Can share whether U driving or taking coach there?

i will taking coach there, if just my wife and i we would go to Larkin to get the coach tix to malacca but the upcomin trips my in laws will be joinin us, so we will be taking coach from those tour agency in singapore like konsortium. 2 times more expensive :(

lsling

Reaction score
i will taking coach there, if just my wife and i we would go to Larkin to get the coach tix to malacca but the upcomin trips my in laws will be joinin us, so we will be taking coach from those tour agency in singapore like konsortium. 2 times more expensive :(
Does konsortium alight at the Malacca Sentral Bus Terminal too?
I wonder what's the avg cab fare from terminal to Equatorial. :(

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Does konsortium alight at the Malacca Sentral Bus Terminal too?
I wonder what's the avg cab fare from terminal to Equatorial. :(

yup konsortium does provide bus till melaka sentral terminal, its about S$25 (one way) and about $30 (one way) if u choose to alight at the hotel. do note that konsortium does not have return trip to singapore from melaka sentral, only from various hotels.

cab fare to equatorial is about RM$15

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.