Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
qwertheswer wrote:
hi thanks for your advice. however, the sales manager at gain city introduced me a non-inverter LG air con system 3. only $1.8k including installation fees etc. and it is a 3 star energy saving.

model: H3UC216FA0

where as the inverter unit will cost around $800 more. will it be a good investment?

=====================================

Hey, I am using this aircon, and I can tell you that the usage is not good. Whether you turn on 1 or 3 aircon, for noninverter aircon, it will use up full 20,000 BTU or 2.5kWh. You turn this on every night for 8 hours, usage is around 20kWh every night or 600 kwH. Are you prepared to pay $150 just for aircon usage? Go for inverter

kanashii23

Reaction score
gain city promotion . mitsubishi industries iinverter system 4 for $3300 + $150 got bracket . is it cheap? 4 ticks

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
81769083.jpg

http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20100820/2008VOP017.pdf

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/home/products/homeappliances/airconditioner

the new panasonic not bad

sentosaubin

Reaction score
the new panasonic not bad

For anyone using panasonic, how is the noise level of the compressor (those staying in master bedroom)? If the sound level is within tolerance level, i might want to purchase system 2 or system 3 of this..

I consult with coolserve and they say that Mitsubishi is still the most quiet compressor among all brands. I have verified this when I visit my friends place, ME and MHI has a very quiet compressor. You almost hear nothing... at most you hear your upstairs neighbor's noisy compressor

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For anyone using panasonic, how is the noise level of the compressor (those staying in master bedroom)? If the sound level is within tolerance level, i might want to purchase system 2 or system 3 of this..

I consult with coolserve and they say that Mitsubishi is still the most quiet compressor among all brands. I have verified this when I visit my friends place, ME and MHI has a very quiet compressor. You almost hear nothing... at most you hear your upstairs neighbor's noisy compressor
Yup, mitsubishi ish the best. Using the mitsubishi electric inverter aircon now..... Very quiet.......

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mine lor, same as the one in the above post... just that mine is single split

so the compressor makes a big difference.. i guess maybe sys2-3 will be bigger hence "louder" noise than single split?

mine also almost cant hear anything.... opened the window n hear... very slight noise .....if window closed very hard to notice also...

sentosaubin

Reaction score
mine lor, same as the one in the above post... just that mine is single split

so the compressor makes a big difference.. i guess maybe sys2-3 will be bigger hence "louder" noise than single split?

mine also almost cant hear anything.... opened the window n hear... very slight noise .....if window closed very hard to notice also...

hi miyamew...
If you dun mind, Can I go to ur place to see how "silent" is the noise?
If it's acceptable.. I might go for system 2 of this aircon..
can reply to my msn :)

PennzoiL

Reaction score

Actually it's quite silent. I'm running the same model above too.. But system 2.. When i got back from work and when about go into my master bed room for bath and i never heard any sound ..so I thought that it was switched off the window is wide open btw.. But when I go to my other room I notice my air con are actually running ;)

duhster

Reaction score
Hi all, my case is different.

I don't know for me if it's worth investing in inverter as I strictly stick to timer and use only 2-3 hrs per night. Room a bit cold can liao, once I sleep and it switches off, heck care the temp after that.

My home is System 3. All in bedrooms only. Will prob be moving out in 2 yrs if getting married. After I move out, prob only my mom will be left and she won't use the aircon much, maybe once a month for a few hrs if weather gets very hot...

Was thinking of 2 theories... 1: buy the cheapest possible (e.g. Samsung $1399 2 ticks from Carrefour this kind) and treat it nicely, few hrs per night and hope in 3 yrs it's still working
2: buy a more reputable brand with 3 ticks e.g. Toshiba which cost $1800+ , if it turns out more reliable or really more efficient then at least can say I recover back the "savings" :D (but I would never know)

Anyone have any opinions?

P.S. Would love to hear recommendations or complaints on aircon contractor too.

Last edited:

elginlye

Reaction score
Steel bracket

Hi,

My outdoor unit has been mounted on a steel bracket for the past 13 years. Of late, I noticed it slants about 5 degrees to one side, i.e. its not completely level horizontally.

My service guy noticed corrosion/rust on the inside when he removed the side metal cover for servicing. He advised to replace the outdoor unit (effectively the entire aircon system) for safety reasons. When I looked at the bottom of the outdoor unit from a few floors down, there is no rust.

I would like to ask if its possible or practical to get an installer to do a check / replace just the steel bracket. Anyone knows?

Appreciate any relevant info.

Thanks & Regards!

Altec

Reaction score
gain city promotion . mitsubishi industries iinverter system 4 for $3300 + $150 got bracket . is it cheap? 4 ticks

Was told that this is an older model.
Also, it doesn't have the features found in the Mitsubishi Electric model.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Actually it's quite silent. I'm running the same model above too.. But system 2.. When i got back from work and when about go into my master bed room for bath and i never heard any sound ..so I thought that it was switched off the window is wide open btw.. But when I go to my other room I notice my air con are actually running ;)

Well.. if it is this quiet.. i might consider this one hehehe..
but so far MHI still my no 1 choice.. :)

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our factory reported the following;
1) The reason why pre-heat is necessary
• Compressor pre-heat function is equipped to MXY series in order to prevent liquid refrigerant accumulation in compressor that causes damage to compressors.
• Pre-heat function improve the reliability of compressors and contribute to reduce the defect caused to compressor. (some may impact long term energy performance also).
2) Pre-heat pattern and power consumption
• Pre-heat is switched “ON” for 20 min and “OFF” for 40 min in an hour when ambient temp is over 21 degree.
• Average standby-power is 20w (when pre-heat is “OFF”) and 80w (when pre-heat is “ON”)
• Of course stand-by power is not applicable during operation.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32540

update of the mitsubishi high standby power issue.

andy1yap

Reaction score
Any bros & sis using this brand & model now?

Panasonic Non-Inverter System 3 (CU-3C20KKZ / CS-C9KKZW x 3)

Is it noisy & how's the peformance? Is it better than Toshiba or Mitsubishi?

HI All,

I just brought & installed Panasonic Non-Inverter System 3 ( CU-3C20KKZ ) on Thur, 16 Sept & already encountered 2 problems on Friday & today! I am so angry & total regret buying this system.

First - Problem with my aircon system - not cold at all even if you switch to less than 20 degree! We are all perspiring in the room. It turns out that the gas was not enough!

Problem today - the timer keeps blinking even if I have not touch or set any timer at all. The system switch off in the mid of the night automatically. I on it again & it switch off another 30 mins later. On again & off again ... I am so piss off! Worst, the technican can only come back again on Monday! I will have sleepless night today & tmr just to on & off the stupid system.

Any same user facing the same problem? Can pls advice how to solve it? I have reset the remote controller, take out batt, use another controller - all useless.
Pls advice? Thanks

Last edited:

enjoydarren

Reaction score
Well, im using the latest panasonic system 3 inverter, previously i was on non-inverter sanyo system 3, electric bill dropped from 290 average to current 200 a month with the same amount of usage... :)

Hi,

You are using Panasonic System 3 Inverter CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ) or CS-3S27KKZ?

How's the performance and the Compressor is quiet?

Hope to hear you comments as I plan to install it also.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.