enquiry on how to become a RSAF pilot

9a0xing

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm currently waiting for my enlistment this nov. I'm very interested to tryout to become a RSAF and sign bond with them, but i'm not sure what are the steps in doing so. Some of my friends ask me to sign up at this site first to go for the interview --> http://www.ns.sg/Mindef/safcareer/applicant/imindef/apply.do?service=AFRC
Some say go into BMT liao then they will ask who want to tryout for the compass test. Quite confused now..please advise me! thanks!

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm currently waiting for my enlistment this nov. I'm very interested to tryout to become a RSAF and sign bond with them, but i'm not sure what are the steps in doing so. Some of my friends ask me to sign up at this site first to go for the interview --> http://www.ns.sg/Mindef/safcareer/applicant/imindef/apply.do?service=AFRC
Some say go into BMT liao then they will ask who want to tryout for the compass test. Quite confused now..please advise me! thanks!
just sign up first lor...

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just go to AFRC & tell them you want to sign up for Pilot.

They will arrange a date for you for compass test & etc.

If you pass, they will ask you to come for the interview.

After you pass the interview, you can consider if you want to sign on.

Thinking so much now also no use cause if you fail compass test, you will not even get the chance of being interview & how to sign on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless AFRC went to your BMT training Coy to give a talk, if not no 1 will even ask you to go for a compass test.

So don't needs to think so much at the start! Just start to think if you want to sign on when you pass everythings.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS you know that becoming a pilot means need to sign on for at least 12 years (if i am not wrong)?

9a0xing

Reaction score
TS you know that becoming a pilot means need to sign on for at least 12 years (if i am not wrong)?

yes if i got the chance i will love to be a pilot as a job. but must pass the compass test in the first place lah. is there any way i can prepare myself for the compass test?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes if i got the chance i will love to be a pilot as a job. but must pass the compass test in the first place lah. is there any way i can prepare myself for the compass test?
what's mean to be will be...

anyway being an rsaf pilot is not all abt flying for your entire life...

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Play more shooting games.

Have a good night before going to the compass test.

yodatan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think playing those flight simulator games would help too?? so u can coordinate your left-right-up-down bearings better

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better sign up first... what if afrc don't come to your bmtc coy and give talk then how...

SillyOldBin

Master Member
Reaction score
Just go to AFRC & tell them you want to sign up for Pilot.

They will arrange a date for you for compass test & etc.

If you pass, they will ask you to come for the interview.

After you pass the interview, you can consider if you want to sign on.

Thinking so much now also no use cause if you fail compass test, you will not even get the chance of being interview & how to sign on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless AFRC went to your BMT training Coy to give a talk, if not no 1 will even ask you to go for a compass test.

So don't needs to think so much at the start! Just start to think if you want to sign on when you pass everythings.

what's mean to be will be...

anyway being an rsaf pilot is not all abt flying for your entire life...

TOTALLY AGREE with both chiu....;)
FYI: Most of all TS if u are not a scholar pilot, there is no point to sign on....:s22:
Also don't think too high to be a Fighter Pilot....
Coz if u can't pass the G Force test, u only can be a transport or heli pilot....;)
No offence but juz some small point to take note of signing on....;)

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before he even has a chance of going for the g force test, he must meet the requirement for command school...

Maaasa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can sign up just sign first. i didn't do anything but i kind of express my interest in flying in the mapas test. And i got a letter asking me to do the compass test on the day of my enlistment, which i was unable to attend. Then i expressed interest during the bmt recruitment talk and went for the medical screening. But failed :(

my coy about 50+ people went only 1 screw up guy made it to the interview round but ended up in sispec due to being last in the platoon/peer appraisal !

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can sign up just sign first. i didn't do anything but i kind of express my interest in flying in the mapas test. And i got a letter asking me to do the compass test on the day of my enlistment, which i was unable to attend. Then i expressed interest during the bmt recruitment talk and went for the medical screening. But failed :(

my coy about 50+ people went only 1 screw up guy made it to the interview round but ended up in sispec due to being last in the platoon/peer appraisal !

well done..

Ferrari^^

Banned
Reaction score

yes flying a fighter jet plane is a huge responsibility, its a once in a lifetime experience....for my case the hr officer came down during my bmt which is enhanced batch....and yeah you will be put through a battery of tests....and yes its best if you sign on as an overseas scholar.....meaning the military sends you to Harvard Cambridge MIT or Princeton for a degree course, after that your life is set...

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st, the guy is selected for the interview but he fail his interview & so he end up in other vocation training school.

However, end up in SISPEC as his vocation training school to be train as 3SG mean SAF screw up as usual.

SAF never fail to surprise me with lot of funny things.

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm enlisting on sep 13 soon, PES A ptp batch.

Interested to try out for RSAF pilot, anyone know if I can still apply? Also, currently I'm only eligible for LSA as I secured a spot in SMU. Let's say I can secure a spot in a aussie Go8 uni, will they sponsor me for it?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm enlisting on sep 13 soon, PES A ptp batch.

Interested to try out for RSAF pilot, anyone know if I can still apply? Also, currently I'm only eligible for LSA as I secured a spot in SMU. Let's say I can secure a spot in a aussie Go8 uni, will they sponsor me for it?

You never try you know know right. I was told by someone who is on LSA. If you go overseas, you pay the diff...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.