EDMW Knife Collectors

dachang

Reaction score
Have anyone of you seen the AK47 bayonet sold at caesar?

It cost around $150.

Is that considered expensive?

I don't know how to buy from overseas so can only buy from caesars..

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Always wanted one... And every time they release a mule I end up buying something else. The carpenter steel version is still around right? Check out Marion's post on BF. His custom kydex and scales for the mules looks really good. Honestly I have very little chance to use a fixed blade and other than the ZDP-189 version most of them doesn't really interest me. Toying with the idea of selling of some of my larger fixed blade cos they take up a lot of space.

I was looking to get the ZDP189 too but that went faster than expected.. I really wanted to try the S35VN since this steel seems to be tougher than s30v yet as good at edge holding.. somehow I missed that run. Oh well.. Bark river just release a few knife in this steel so I'm waiting to see the results on it.. The carpenter steel on the other hand is OK but I'm not looking to pay the premium for a mule sprint run.

Yes, I've look at his Mule blog.. I am still waiting for him to finish up some concealex sheath for me but he's 6 weeks backlogged so I'm still waiting.

Last edited:

Lennox

Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can get a Balisong Benchmade 42?

Been trying to get one but couldn't get it as it is already discontinued

Please get me know if you have any lobang, new or used i will take it, thanks!

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can get a Balisong Benchmade 42?

Been trying to get one but couldn't get it as it is already discontinued

Please get me know if you have any lobang, new or used i will take it, thanks!

You can put a wtb thread in any of the overseas knife forums but may I ask why? You feeling generous? You wanna donate it to A&E issit?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
buying knives fr ebay reliable anot?
u all noe any reliable sellers?

same rule, check their reputation and feedback.. ebay has a 60day dispute policy.. you can money back by filing.. so far, buy from reputable sellers shouldn't be a problem.. but unless die die only ebay have stock, I'd go with the usual stores..

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same rule, check their reputation and feedback.. ebay has a 60day dispute policy.. you can money back by filing.. so far, buy from reputable sellers shouldn't be a problem.. but unless die die only ebay have stock, I'd go with the usual stores..

those wif 1000+ gd feedbacks shud b fine then ;)

vintagewatcher

Reaction score
just bought a couple more knives

sog arcitech

sog mini vulcan

lone wolf paul defender

heard the defender's lock sometimes got problem one :( dunno true anot :(

Lonerider

Reaction score
just bought a couple more knives

sog arcitech

sog mini vulcan

lone wolf paul defender

heard the defender's lock sometimes got problem one :( dunno true anot :(

If it's an axial lock then yes... They've been known to have issues.
The Architect must have cost a pretty penny eh?

Last edited:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Smelly Cheese Pie! Import Cold Steel Espada Large also must pass to cantoment. I asked the customs why, and they said coz it looks dangerous -.- Damn pissed. I hate travelling all the way to cantoment...

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey Lonerider, what do you think of Ray Laconico's folders? I'm liking the clean line stuff he puts out and I'm having a kephart fixed blade custom made by him..
But I don't think he works with any steel other than 1095 & o1 carbon steels.. I'm thinking 3V or S35VN for a folder.. any recommendations?

Lonerider

Reaction score
Hey Lonerider, what do you think of Ray Laconico's folders? I'm liking the clean line stuff he puts out and I'm having a kephart fixed blade custom made by him..
But I don't think he works with any steel other than 1095 & o1 carbon steels.. I'm thinking 3V or S35VN for a folder.. any recommendations?

Why not wait for the ESEE folder? I like his (Laconico) fixed blades because of the clean lines and grinds but his folder does nothing for me. he just started with folder and although they are bang for the buck I'd rather go for a more experienced folder maker. So far I've seen his friction folders on BF and I don't really go for those. I know 1095 is recommended for bushcraft use but I'd be hesitant to use it in a folder in tropical climates. Why not get the Kephart from him and get the folder from another maker? To be honest, with the advent of diamond stones even ZDP-189 is easy to sharpen in the field if you get your technique right. There's a company which sells diamond and ruby rods for cheap and they'd be easy to pack if you are planning on sharpening outdoors.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not wait for the ESEE folder? I like his (Laconico) fixed blades because of the clean lines and grinds but his folder does nothing for me. he just started with folder and although they are bang for the buck I'd rather go for a more experienced folder maker. So far I've seen his friction folders on BF and I don't really go for those. I know 1095 is recommended for bushcraft use but I'd be hesitant to use it in a folder in tropical climates. Why not get the Kephart from him and get the folder from another maker? To be honest, with the advent of diamond stones even ZDP-189 is easy to sharpen in the field if you get your technique right. There's a company which sells diamond and ruby rods for cheap and they'd be easy to pack if you are planning on sharpening outdoors.

Well, I'm still looking around the various custom makers.. I like ESEE fixed blades but their folders doesn't really appeal to me.. I'll probably see how it goes with the s30v spyderco manix from edcf's run first..

I actually find carbon steels especially the A1 & 1095 pretty good for fixed blades field use but agree they don't work on folders.. I would tend to keep my folders in the pocket, bagpack or box and my carbon opinel has rusted because of that.. fix blades are usually kept strapped outside so rust isn't an issue so far..

Those rods you've mentioned, any more info on them?

Lonerider

Reaction score
Well, I'm still looking around the various custom makers.. I like ESEE fixed blades but their folders doesn't really appeal to me.. I'll probably see how it goes with the s30v spyderco manix from edcf's run first..

I actually find carbon steels especially the A1 & 1095 pretty good for fixed blades field use but agree they don't work on folders.. I would tend to keep my folders in the pocket, bagpack or box and my carbon opinel has rusted because of that.. fix blades are usually kept strapped outside so rust isn't an issue so far..

Those rods you've mentioned, any more info on them?

For those not in the know this is what the ESEE folder will be like when available.

indexphoto36.jpg

MSRP: $ 252.31

EXPECTED DELIVERY OF FIRST PRODUCTION RUN TO DEALERS: December 2010 (date may vary)

SPECIFICATIONS

Right-hand and left-hand models
D2 Tool Steel Blade
Titanium alloy frame lock
Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock
G10 handle scale
Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw)
Hex-bit driver in handle
Stainless steel “Mr. DP” Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal
Standard Paper Boxing with DPx Graphics

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:

Handle thickness (without clip): .541”
Blade thickness (Max): .187”
Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625”
Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38”
Handle Grip Area: 3.80”
Cutting Edge length: 3.10”
Titanium frame thickness: .140”
G10 thickness: .140”
Weight: not determined at this time

LIMITED RUN - 250 serialized pieces (with special packaging) available only from www.dpxgear.com
STANDARD RUN (non-serialized) - Available from ESEE dealers.

Spurgears

Reaction score
DSCF0167.jpg

I like to share a photo of my new folder. The blade is 33 layers damascus with VG-10 core and cocobolo handle from Mcusta

Spurgears

Reaction score
This Buck Vantage Pro I got has blade of S30V and it is even heat treated by Paul Bos (I read in magazine he is quite famous but he just retired)

DSCF0179.jpg

Spurgears

Reaction score
If it's under 6 inch, it usually will reach your door unless it exceeds SGD$400 in total value.. then u need to go down to ICA to pay GST.. I've ever only gone to collect it because of length (retain by ICA for inspection for the ESEE-6) or because the amount of knives was so much they wanted to see the invoice that it didn't exceed the 400 value (when I order quite a large amount of small cheap knives for props).. most times, it's at my door with no intervention required on my part..

If you want to go direct to shop, you can check out sheares or maybe sngarms if they are still around.. but like we mention before, the price they sell for some knives, you can afford to lose a package and reship it with change leftover for coffee..

but why SOG.. there are many more options with better bang for buck..

Check in luggage no issue as long as it conforms to the law.. ;)
You can ship it back also via mail..

For good prices on izula, patriotknives or knivesshipfree.. :s22:
then dress it up in leather pants!
rceseeizulatechnicalshe.jpg

or wait for the Izula II coming out in Oct!
Hi Viix, do you know if there is any blade length limit that if exceeds, A&E will confiscate??

I wonder a 9" Cold Steel Trail Master, dunno whether ok with A&E or not. I have seen kitchen knife 10" or more sold in CK Tangs basement

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.