(FAQ) For Blackberries. Please read this before asking.

helloiamnick

Reaction score
BIS is needed to use BBM and stuff right?
and do i just call them to tell them i want to add the service?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Just call and tell them that you want to add a bis service to ur plan

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Bis is a value add on service. Its billed monthly. Just like u need pay monthly for ur telephone bill and caller ids.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh but what if i added a data plan onto my iphone
Am i allowed to change it to BIS?

I'm afraid I'm not in position advice this. However, the general trend (esp for those who have the data already for more than 1 month) seems to be a strict no-no as contract agreement has been signed.

However, if you were to add-on the service, yes, its possible. In fact, for singtel u can have both + multisim so u can use the same line on both iphone and blackberry. This will allow you to use both devices without the need to change sim cards.

nightelves92

Reaction score
Oh that's just great lol. Just sold off my iPhone 4, and gonna get a Bold2. Need a non-camera phone. After reading this though, gonna get a headache. I have a 10gb data plan already. Even on iPhone cannot finish. How to finish on BB???

anyway let me get this straight. I need to get the BIS plan as an add-on to use appworld (1gb cannot?) bbm and other purely BB services right? and also, about Bold2. any huge differences from normal smartphones i need to take note of?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh that's just great lol. Just sold off my iPhone 4, and gonna get a Bold2. Need a non-camera phone. After reading this though, gonna get a headache. I have a 10gb data plan already. Even on iPhone cannot finish. How to finish on BB???

anyway let me get this straight. I need to get the BIS plan as an add-on to use appworld (1gb cannot?) bbm and other purely BB services right? and also, about Bold2. any huge differences from normal smartphones i need to take note of?

HAha. Thats why the same headache all iphone converts have :s13:
For Singtel, 1gb can only email and instant message. For the rest of telco and 3gb plans, can use email and other apps.

The big difference - High security, slower speed (from iphone), less apps, better battery life and need bis to use its niche services. :look::s8:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yea 1GB cannot access facebook twitter etc . unless u get 3GB , i also just switch over from 3GS . mine is Flexi value (12GB) + 3GB BIS .

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea 1GB cannot access facebook twitter etc . unless u get 3GB , i also just switch over from 3GS . mine is Flexi value (12GB) + 3GB BIS .

I find it easier to say what you CAN do rather that what CANNOT be done.. since list is shorter.. haha

nightelves92

Reaction score

WHAT? Twitter also cannot? Honestly, is there any way to get around this? 3gb bis is $25 is it? that's way too ex. my existing plan is already $70.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find it easier to say what you CAN do rather that what CANNOT be done.. since list is shorter.. haha

:s13::s13: true

WHAT? Twitter also cannot? Honestly, is there any way to get around this? 3gb bis is $25 is it? that's way too ex. my existing plan is already $70.

my current plan also $56 , + $25 for 3GB BIS . no choice . tats ur only choice . my other choice is to upgrade to BB flexi $68 but would tied down 2 yrs wihch i don wan

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Instant messaging dont include twitter... Facebook also not instant message.. its called social networking.

Of course there is. Ubertwitter is what i use. Better than twitter app and its free. :D [Use ur local data rather than bis]

If not, there is ways which are not legal of course. Local and international laws applies.. :o

nightelves92

Reaction score
Instant messaging dont include twitter... Facebook also not instant message.. its called social networking.

Of course there is. Ubertwitter is what i use. Better than twitter app and its free. :D [Use ur local data rather than bis]

If not, there is ways which are not legal of course. Local and international laws applies.. :o

Oh. ok scare me. Lol ok [ i might go search for ways hehe]. So what's the appstore on BB? Are the apps good?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. ok scare me. Lol ok [ i might go search for ways hehe]. So what's the appstore on BB? Are the apps good?

Haha. Dont get caught and appear in news can already :s27: I know Canada and Indonesia got quite a few kena sued like sh!t by RIM over this.
Of course they lost the lawsuit (the individuals).

Anyways, appstore, most of the stuff can be found on mobihand. If not all can be found there. It just simplifies the downloading and installation of apps.

You can always refer to my list of apps on the FAQ website for some good local ones. :s13:

Newtothis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, with a normal data plan, [not a dataplan exclusively for BB] is it still possible to use the BBM?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.