Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoydarren

Reaction score
I got my Pana sys 3 inventer recently... I'm having a push-out window type for my masterbed room, after installing the new bracket, the installer then realised that they may have to "file" the lower part of the window! And told me there's no way to lower the bracket further (which I doubt so). But luckily after installing the condenser, my window was able to open without any "filing"... it misses the condenser by merely a 3mm gap!

So far I'm happy with this product, it's quiet and able to cool my room fast (compare to my previous non-inverter unit).

Hi,

Your Panasonic 3 System Inverter is CS-3S27KKZ or CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ)?

Can share your experience/comments since I am also planning to buy Panasonic 3 System Inverter.

the Compressor is very big? Quiet? and Cooler?

Thanks.

hart

Reaction score
Hi,

You are using Panasonic System 3 Inverter CS-S9JKZWx3(CU-3S27JKZ) or CS-3S27KKZ?

How's the performance and the Compressor is quiet?

Hope to hear you comments as I plan to install it also.

Thanks.

Hi, im using the Panasonic System 3 Inverter CS-3S27KKZ, the performance is good and the compressor is quiet, have been using it for few months already, no issues.
:)

enjoydarren

Reaction score
Hi, im using the Panasonic System 3 Inverter CS-3S27KKZ, the performance is good and the compressor is quiet, have been using it for few months already, no issues.
:)

Heard tat Panasonic Compressor is very big. Hows the size? Normal HDB Casement Windows can go in?

Hows ur utilities bills after using Panasonic?

Thanks.

cyberpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG vs Mit?

Choosing a System 4. The salesman told me my block can only use 8.5 amp compressor and I can only choose between a LG inverter or Starmex inverter. True? LG got more features (ion, filters, etc) and is about $400 cheaper.

Anyone used LG system 4 before? I guess Mit Starmex is more popular but is it worth the $400 extra?

TY!!

hart

Reaction score
Heard tat Panasonic Compressor is very big. Hows the size? Normal HDB Casement Windows can go in?

Hows ur utilities bills after using Panasonic?

Thanks.

Yes the compressor is very big, as my HDB flat is those older flats, the compressor is able to go over the window. Imagine paying almost 280 a month for electric bill for using non inverter and after changing to this inverter aircon, my electric bill is reduced to below 200 a month now

Reaction score
i regret never installing living room air con when i installed for my bedrooms. so hot now!

now i want to install but think of all the trucking need to do abit sian.

ppl please 1 shot install air-con for living room and bedroom if you are installing at all. don't do half half like me. big regret.

herovic

Reaction score
i regret never installing living room air con when i installed for my bedrooms. so hot now!

ppl please 1 shot install air-con for living room and bedroom if you are installing at all. don't do half half like me. big regret.

how tedious is it to re install? It is possible to add one air con unit (same brand and model for previous) and change the compressor to bigger btu?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

i am also like u. and now need to install have to remove this n that to install the aircon. :s27: think already really v sian.

duhster

Reaction score
Hi all, just sharing my experiences.

For months I was looking for a suitable unit to replace my 8-year old Fujitsu which finally broke down last yr.

After doing a ton of research, I finally settled on a non-inverter model. (My sis and I may be moving out in a few yrs and we don't wish to spend $3-4k on inverter whose savings we are unlikely to recoup. Also, I eventually found that Panasonic uses 2 compressors, which will help reduce the bill for my usage pattern - see below)

I visited the following stores:
Everjoint at AMK - despite all the good comments about them, I was unimpressed with the way they handle customers. Boss/owner didn't even know the prices of the aircons. Tried to upsell me from Toshiba ($18xx) to Daikin ($21xx).
Gain City - the experience was what I had expected from a chain store. Salesman tried to upsell from Samsung to inverter models straightaway, but when he saw what a cheapo I was, he couldn't be bothered... :D
Kun Seng - went on a Saturday after seeing ads in newspapers, turned out that prices didn't include GST nor installation. I was quoted $17xx for a Panasonic, was about to commit but thankfully didn't as later I found out it was the older CU-3C20EKH model. Tried to upsell me to a Daikin with one energy tick...
Aircon Designs - Recommended by friend. They were the ones who did my Fujitsu, but it seems they now only do industrial installations. They only recommended me inverter models, and prices not competitive also. Sales rep was pleasant and responded quickly though.
Natural Cool - Decided to go with them in the end. I was quoted $15xx for the latest model Panasonic (CU-3C20KKZ) incl. GST, dismantling of old Fujitsu, and new bracket. Insulation would be Nyflex 1/4" thick. Salesman was pleasant and not pushy, didn't try to upsell anything.

Installation was done by Natural Cool's own guys, a team of 2 M'sians who were friendly and easygoing, and were careful not to make a mess despite the cramped working area due to many furniture not being movable.

They used brand-new and shiny copper pipe, also Nyflex branded, sealed in bags. The Nyflex insulation appears to be of pretty good quality compared to the one at a certain chain store which was so weak I was able to tear off a piece with 2 fingers :eek:

Work was started at 11am and finished at around 6pm.

As stated this Panny (CU-3C20KKZ) has 2 compressors, a 12,000 BTU one shared by 2 rooms and a 9,000 BTU one for 1 room. I assigned the 9K BTU one to my sister's room as she has a habit of leaving her aircon on at lowest temp all day when friends come round. That way, the maximum power consumption will only be "9K" rather than "12K".

There were 2 negative areas:
1. They had to reuse old trunking in the bathroom as it appeared to be "glued" to the tiles and they claimed pulling it off might damage the tiles. I didn't want to take the risk, so I agreed.
2. After mounting the FCU in my master bedroom, they found that the airflow flap would hit the curtain rail when opened. The only solution was to adjust part of the curtain rail downwards. This is also partly my fault, as I should have checked rather than blindly reuse the old FCU location.

Anyway I am now enjoying my new and freezing cold room after more than 6 mths of tiring research. No more noisy window aircon!

Hope this experience is useful to some ppl. If anyone wants reviews on the aircon itself, please let me know.

P.S. For those worried about noise, the condensing unit is very quiet. I can hardly hear it even when I am standing at my window next to it. Of course, things might change down the road if either Panny or NC have done a crap job...

Last edited:

gabgab

Reaction score
How about Daikin? Prices may be slightly on the high side but most condominiums in Singapore used Daikin, especially the good property developers for major projects. You may also want to consider Panasonic or Mitsubishi.

kingcobra

Reaction score
Mine is a Panasonic. I got it installed some 3 months ago. Got a system 2 for my room and my mum's. When I turned it on after a while, my room become cold but my bed is not. Could it be that the aircon is positioned at the corner of my room besides the bed and not directly blowing onto my bed as in it is placed on top of my bed and to the side? Or is it a case that Panasonic is not a great brand for aircon?

funkybabe

Reaction score
My aircon is installed on the wall besides the bed, blowing into a space in the room. You can feel that the aircon is cold, so is my bed :) We did it this way because my wife is afraid of the cold. I am currently using Daikin.
But honestly, Panasonic is not that bad a brand either.

funkybabe

Reaction score
Mine is a Panasonic. I got it installed some 3 months ago. Got a system 2 for my room and my mum's. When I turned it on after a while, my room become cold but my bed is not. Could it be that the aircon is positioned at the corner of my room besides the bed and not directly blowing onto my bed as in it is placed on top of my bed and to the side? Or is it a case that Panasonic is not a great brand for aircon?

How about Daikin? Prices may be slightly on the high side but most condominiums in Singapore used Daikin, especially the good property developers for major projects. You may also want to consider Panasonic or Mitsubishi.

Mine is a Daikin and it works just fine :)

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it is not facing ur bed of course u cannot feel the airflow la...it is normal la........normally not directly facing is that u won't feel cold one, unless u blow another fan directly to urself.......;););)

PennzoiL

Reaction score

im currently facing that too, planning to change the position of the bed or either re locate my air con ..:s22:

i feel cold walking every corner of the room, until i rest on the bed i dont felt as cool as standing.. unless i bring the temp down 1 to 2 degress... as when i wake up and walk out of the room i almost freeze to hell.. somethings wrong with my bed positioning :s11:

by the way i have a very hot room before installing air con..

lancelot77

Reaction score
Is the steel bracket a standard size? Looking to replace my old Samsung aircon and the shop told me that I hv to change the existing steel bracket as it is a different size from the Panasonic one that I'm aiming for... Worried that he is trying to pull a fast one on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.