Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
How many of you have signed up for it during the Roadshow? Heard that Singnet have started installing the ONT in homes starting this week. Please post your speedtest results here.

jeffong

Reaction score
Pls also share if the ONT supplied is the Huawei or Ericsson version. I'm trying to determine if Singtel connects their customers to their own Opco, does that mean that we won't be able to sign up for other fibre services from RSP's connecting thru nucleus connect.

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Up till now, there are no one connected to Singnet exStream? I am sure there are people who sign up. Can you do your speedtest on www.speedtest.net and showcase your broadband speed here?

lestervalen

Reaction score
That speed is fantastic. How about your international bandwidth?
Have not test it yet. Was wondering why it drop so much compared with the Singtel Engineer's Laptop. His test on the giga port was 199.96Mb/s for download. What was wrong with my desktop or the 10m long cable causes the drop.

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Have not test it yet. Was wondering why it drop so much compared with the Singtel Engineer's Laptop. His test on the giga port was 199.96Mb/s for download. What was wrong with my desktop or the 10m long cable causes the drop.

Could be using direct connection. Are you on wireless? Check out www.speedguide.net. There are many tweaks on windows registry and ipconfig to improve the bandwidth. New configs are out for Windows 7.

darkjames99

Reaction score

What Program did the Singtel Engineer uses? maybe custom version to trick the user that the speed is great? keke
or a custom command to unlock the speed [who knows]

Only if he uses speedtest.net or speedtest.sg.

lestervalen

Reaction score
Could be due to my Desktop it's old and not performing. Anyway here's my results for today test on giga port 'cabled'.:)

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Could be due to my Desktop it's old and not performing. Anyway here's my results for today test on giga port 'cabled'.:)

Try bandwidth speedtest on Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose. Try HK, Korea and Japan. Traceroute pass through San
Jose as one of the hop for US connection.

etherealism

Reaction score
y sian? 37mbps to los angeles seems really gd leh.. considering that international bandwidth is capped at 25mbps

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using a gigabit network adapter. If I am using wireless connection, will there be a significant slowdown in speed as compared to cabled connection? The problem with cabled connection is that you have to do trunking from the living room to the study room. The best is to wall hack and run the cable concealed. Is there any alternative solution?

FIREBOWS

Reaction score
I am using a gigabit network adapter. If I am using wireless connection, will there be a significant slowdown in speed as compared to cabled connection? The problem with cabled connection is that you have to do trunking from the living room to the study room. The best is to wall hack and run the cable concealed. Is there any alternative solution?

Use one pair of Homeplug then :)

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
y sian? 37mbps to los angeles seems really gd leh.. considering that international bandwidth is capped at 25mbps
mayb not really have a cap on the speed? they juz put it to protect themself so users wont complain low oversea speed ?

can those singnet fibre user do a multi segment download with download manager from oversea servers ? what the speed you can get ?

lestervalen

Reaction score
Hi James, as requested. Busy with work lately, this time uses another PC to try with 1.5m cable direct to giga port.

San Jose is real pain to past through highest speed as below

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.