Feedback on PMP course centre

edkhoo

Reaction score
ISS PMP training

Hi guys,

Just to chime in here, do check out NUS's Institute of System Science's PMP training course. I found it well run about 1yr+ ago.

cheers

ahbui83

Reaction score
I know this trainer, I went for his PMP prep class last year in June and he was with this IT training company called Global Knowledge, the price I paid was around $3k and a 5 day-course.my class was not that big, around 7 people only.
he is pretty good and expeireneced in PMP training I guess, because the study materials organized by him quite compact and give u a quick summary of knowledge, the class also quite interesting and I dont remember any boring moment (at first I was thinking sigh...another boring class..), also he put in the effort to motivate participants too.

FYI i just passed my PMP
study hard dudes!

Hey congrats! kind to share how your prepare for the test?
There are really lots of materials to read and memorize..

fishbuff

Suspended
Reaction score
i have been working in the IT industries for 15 years and met many project managers. at least 80% of them that i met in *cs and many MNCs are incomptent and technically clueless.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any difference between PMP and CAPM cert? as i saw the course between the two look the same :D

Thanks in Advance!

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to clarify on this point. I just attended a preview of PMP certification and was told that there is only one testing center located in Jurong East. The waiting time is 2 months. I cannot remember the name of the testing center but it is definitely not Informatics.

Can I confirm COMAT and Informatics can conduct the PMP exam for PMI?

2. Even if they follow the money-back guarantee T&C of their other countries - It is impossible to book an exam on the 5th day in Singapore or even within 14 days of the course. There's only 2 exam providers in Singapore, Informatics (where there's a 1-2 months queue) and COMAT Training which only conducts exams for its own students

whoam1

Reaction score
I would like to clarify on this point. I just attended a preview of PMP certification and was told that there is only one testing center located in Jurong East. The waiting time is 2 months. I cannot remember the name of the testing center but it is definitely not Informatics.

Can I confirm COMAT and Informatics can conduct the PMP exam for PMI?

I thot when I attended the preview @ COMAT, they say the test center belong to Informatics? Not sure if my memories fails... =X

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for the 5 days PMP course with Knowledge Method. Course starts next Monday. I felt comfortable to sign up with the center because it has the dates I wanted. Also I did not find any negative comments about the center.

Total fee is 3,724sgd inclusive of GST. If I pass maybe my total cost will be only 1K.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for the 5 days PMP course with Knowledge Method. Course starts next Monday. I felt comfortable to sign up with the center because it has the dates I wanted. Also I did not find any negative comments about the center.

Total fee is 3,724sgd inclusive of GST. If I pass maybe my total cost will be only 1K.

does the course fee include the paper?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the following:

1. 5-days classroom training, inclusive of 2 days extensive PMP Exam Prep lead by experienced Instructors (Next Week)

2. Class hand-out and supplementary information (developed by Rita Mulcahy) exclusive for our course participants (Received)

3. RMC PMP Exam Prep Book 6th edition by Rita Mulcahy (Received)

4. RMC PM FASTrack PMP Exam Simulation Software 6th edition developed by Rita Mulcahy … more than 1,500 questions! (Received)

5. RMC Hot Topics PMP and CAPM Exam Flashcards 6th edition developed by Rita Mulcahy (Received)

6. Conducive learning environment and meals during the course (The training is located at Park Royal Hotel at Little India. I hope the food is good since I have already paid for it through the course fee)

7. Access to Knowledge Method Members area to access to Project Management Tools and templates (Not sure what is this)

8. Special discounts for continuous educational events organized by Knowledge Method (Optional)

9. Free participation in our monthly Study Group and discuss your problems/concerns with our instructor (Optional)

10. RMC JumpStart e-learning Access --- NEW from RMC Inc – DEDICATED for RMC/KM students ONLY ! (Not received, maybe next week)

does the course fee include the paper?

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the following:

1. 5-days classroom training, inclusive of 2 days extensive PMP Exam Prep lead by experienced Instructors (Next Week)

2. Class hand-out and supplementary information (developed by Rita Mulcahy) exclusive for our course participants (Received)

3. RMC PMP Exam Prep Book 6th edition by Rita Mulcahy (Received)

4. RMC PM FASTrack PMP Exam Simulation Software 6th edition developed by Rita Mulcahy … more than 1,500 questions! (Received)

5. RMC Hot Topics PMP and CAPM Exam Flashcards 6th edition developed by Rita Mulcahy (Received)

6. Conducive learning environment and meals during the course (The training is located at Park Royal Hotel at Little India. I hope the food is good since I have already paid for it through the course fee)

7. Access to Knowledge Method Members area to access to Project Management Tools and templates (Not sure what is this)

8. Special discounts for continuous educational events organized by Knowledge Method (Optional)

9. Free participation in our monthly Study Group and discuss your problems/concerns with our instructor (Optional)

10. RMC JumpStart e-learning Access --- NEW from RMC Inc – DEDICATED for RMC/KM students ONLY ! (Not received, maybe next week)

wow, which school is this? :D

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing my PMP in Jan 2011 and was wondering any folks here have experience with ESI?

And it seems the the Enhanced Citrep Program (according to the IDA website) will only run till 31 Mar 2011.

does that mean that it take the course before 31 march still can claim?

Leeson

Reaction score
Need to start the class before 31st March 2011 and pass the exam within one year.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
After going through the PMP Class, I found that reading the RMC's PMP Exam Prep book is much easier than the PMBOK. Before the class I started reading PMBOK, I died on Chapter 3. It was so dry. During the class we went through RMC's book and I found it easier to read. I am now reading the Prep Book first before the PMBOK.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After going through the PMP Class, I found that reading the RMC's PMP Exam Prep book is much easier than the PMBOK. Before the class I started reading PMBOK, I died on Chapter 3. It was so dry. During the class we went through RMC's book and I found it easier to read. I am now reading the Prep Book first before the PMBOK.

is there softcopy for this book?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.