Citibank Citi Rewards Card

Cash7888

Reaction score
The new Citi Rewards Card. Rewarding you every time you spend.

The perfect complement for contemporary lifestyles, the new Citi Rewards Card means rewards X10 whenever you shop, with every shopping purchase earning you 10 Citi Dollars on every $1 charged - anywhere in the world! Plus, you also earn 1 Citi Dollar for every dollar spent on non-shopping purchases. With Citi Dollars, valid for full five years**, you can redeem for anything you like. What's more, indulge in other special privileges for dining, shopping and travel.

The new Citi Rewards Card. Live life with the rewards you deserve. Today.

Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing or at department stores, locally & overseas*

Continue to enjoy reward X1 (S$1 spend = Citi $1) for all your other purchases

Receive 5,000 bonus Citi Dollars when you renew your Citi Rewards Card

Citi Dollars are valid for 5 years**, making it easy to accumulate for a more rewarding experience

In addition to rewards, enjoy up to 10% Citi Rebate at more than 500 locations islandwide, all year long.

click_here_img.gif

Click here for more information.

* X10 Rewards promotion T&Cs
** Citi Dollars are valid for 5 years from account open date.
Applicable for Citi Rewards WORLD MasterCard online application only.
Valid until 31 December 2010 only. T&Cs apply.

spend_categories.gif

Over 1 year, you can earn 66,000 Citi Dollars + Citi Rebate / Discounts

Every month, you will be able to redeem a S$20 shopping voucher or cash rebate. If you accumulate your spend for a year, you will be able to redeem a return ticket to Hong Kong^

All these rewards are over and above the Citi Rebate and discounts that you receive with your Citi Rewards Card!

+ Applicable for transactions made with Citi Rewards Card at any department store worldwide or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes and bags as its main business activity. T&Cs apply. Please refer to www.citibank.com.sg
++ At selected merchants only. Terms and Conditions apply.
^ Based on online redemption of frequent flyer mile. Information accurate at point of print.

Last edited:

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
eh doesnt this card make their plat mastercard worthless then? Since that card is $1 at dept store = 5 citi dollars.

Kenylng

Reaction score
like not bad, seems like the shopping x10 rewards will beat citi pm.

say you spend $500 shopping (CITI PM) x 1.2 = 600pm (CITI Rewards) = $500 x 10 = 5000 Citi$ (5 Citi$= 2miles) = 2000 SQ/Asia/orchid miles.

** Citi Dollars are valid for 5 years from account open date. Applicable for Citi Rewards WORLD MasterCard online application only. Valid until 31 December 2010 only. T&Cs apply.[/QUOTE said:
so only world master have 5 years valid citi$ and visa don't?

Ming1981

Reaction score
you definitely earn miles a lot faster compared to the premier miles card though the part about any retailer worldwide whose main business is clothing, shoes, or bags is kind of vague..

anyone knows citibank's policy on converting citi dollars to air miles? say you have both this rewards card and the visa platinum, are you allowed to combine the citi dollars from both cards and treat it as one transfer and pay the $25 conversion fee once rather than per card?

sleeping

Reaction score
you definitely earn miles a lot faster compared to the premier miles card though the part about any retailer worldwide whose main business is clothing, shoes, or bags is kind of vague..

anyone knows citibank's policy on converting citi dollars to air miles? say you have both this rewards card and the visa platinum, are you allowed to combine the citi dollars from both cards and treat it as one transfer and pay the $25 conversion fee once rather than per card?

Nope you can't combine. $25 conversion fee per card. The most expensive conversion fee in Singapore. Standard Chartered Bank also followed Citibank in 2010 this year.

Administration charge for overseas transaction has also gone up for Citibank from 1.5% and 2.5%. This time round, Citibank followed Standard Chartered bank and UOB. They are getting less and less competitive and attractive, aren't they? :mad:

Ming1981

Reaction score
Nope you can't combine. $25 conversion fee per card. The most expensive conversion fee in Singapore. Standard Chartered Bank also followed Citibank in 2010 this year.

Administration charge for overseas transaction has also gone up for Citibank from 1.5% and 2.5%. This time round, Citibank followed Standard Chartered bank and UOB. They are getting less and less competitive and attractive, aren't they? :mad:

Thanks bro.

When did they increase the admin fee for overseas transaction? Does it mean now they charge a total of 3.5% including the 1% visa charges on overseas transactions?

I just had a USD transaction posted on 11 Oct at 1.339 which I think is still based on the usual 2.5% admin fee they have been charging so far.

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am going to get this card and then cancel my Clear card. I think I will earn a lot more points using this card than with the Clear card.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
i would like to know how they gonna differentiate if the store can be counted for 10x rewards esp. if u are shopping overseas

Ming1981

Reaction score
i would like to know how they gonna differentiate if the store can be counted for 10x rewards esp. if u are shopping overseas

also interested if online retailers (clothing/bags/shoes) and department online stores qualify for the 10x rewards. Already sent them an email and waiting for their reply.

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be similar to how they do it now for the Clear card. Each merchant has a code of some sort to indicate what kind of business they are in. Those that match the category they define will be 10X.

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this card have master and visa. Is there any difference and which one is better for shopping and travel?

1 more thing i notice is this card nv stat the annual fees and will there be a 1 yr free annual or what.

Last edited:

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this card have master and visa. Is there any difference and which one is better for shopping and travel?

1 more thing i notice is this card nv stat the annual fees and will there be a 1 yr free annual or what.

You're right. Interesting...maybe no fee waiver? I don't know...I submitted my online application already. Haven't sent the supporting documents yet. If they charge me annual fee then I will cancel it. =:p

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You're right. Interesting...maybe no fee waiver? I don't know...I submitted my online application already. Haven't sent the supporting documents yet. If they charge me annual fee then I will cancel it. =:p

i was able to send in my application then notice how come nv state annual fee and stuffs. later sign liao cannot terminate LLST. somemore this card promo seems too good so the annual fee might be quite high.

better find out 1st before signing.

Kenylng

Reaction score
so any different between world master and visa signature? and also the 5 years citi$ validity applies for both?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.