Citibank Citi Rewards Card

mohamadhafiz

Reaction score
Hmmmm it seems that info on this card is moving really fast... :p but seriously im wondering how come Citibank came up with this card most people with the Clear and Platinum card would have no use for their cards anymore....

Anyway based on those cards and what is posted here earlier as well....
$5 - 1 points only on certain location (Clear / Platinum) den can get $1 - 1 point. And the way i see it, it does make it more worth to use this to accumulate points.... :p

But just checking is it possible to combine points from different cards ? Coz if can i was wondering should i just apply for this and terminate my Clear.... coz for Dividend its not transferrable.... Rebates for Visa cant use for Masters.... do enlighten me.... thank you!

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

Citi Rewards WORLD MasterCard
$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

Visa and Mastercard annual fees

ctb is getting super lame now.
their new system now has a separate gst. thus what we used to pay . eg 180$ af become $192.60 now due to the additional gst. thus with all those stewpig cents now

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm it seems that info on this card is moving really fast... :p but seriously im wondering how come Citibank came up with this card most people with the Clear and Platinum card would have no use for their cards anymore....

Anyway based on those cards and what is posted here earlier as well....
$5 - 1 points only on certain location (Clear / Platinum) den can get $1 - 1 point. And the way i see it, it does make it more worth to use this to accumulate points.... :p

But just checking is it possible to combine points from different cards ? Coz if can i was wondering should i just apply for this and terminate my Clear.... coz for Dividend its not transferrable.... Rebates for Visa cant use for Masters.... do enlighten me.... thank you!

Regarding the bold part...This is no longer the case. Now is $1 = 1 pt by default. For certain categories of spending, it is $1 = 5 pts.

While we earn points faster, the number of points required to exchange for rewards have gone up as well. I did a quick calculation the other day while looking at the cinema tickets. The increase in points required to exchange is about 6 times. :s16:

Also, previously, instant redemption at the ticket counter costs less. Now they cost more. :(

mohamadhafiz

Reaction score
Regarding the bold part...This is no longer the case. Now is $1 = 1 pt by default. For certain categories of spending, it is $1 = 5 pts.

OK i just got to know about it... from 12th October 2010... but it seems on the website only under Platinum but not under Clear Card.

While we earn points faster, the number of points required to exchange for rewards have gone up as well. I did a quick calculation the other day while looking at the cinema tickets. The increase in points required to exchange is about 6 times. :s16:

Also, previously, instant redemption at the ticket counter costs less. Now they cost more. :(

I think this part abit disappointing but kind of expected in a way. Always find that cards that allow point redemption always got catch...

And thx for the info!

Kenylng

Reaction score
but at least the miles part win over the premiermiles card.

btw, just now got the application form from axs machine. got stated 1year free annual fee for both main and supplementary .

mohamadhafiz

Reaction score
Ok peeps just went to check for redemption and was suprised looks like my points Have just been MULTIPLIED by 5.... donno bout the amount required for redemption of item have being increased by how much though....

Last edited:

Ming1981

Reaction score
Ok peeps just went to check for redemption and was suprised looks like my points Have just been MULTIPLIED by 5.... donno bout the amount required for redemption of item have being increased by how much though....

they increased the redemption by at least a factor of 5 as well on the exact same date of this change :s13:

MrsLoh

Reaction score
ctb is getting super lame now.
their new system now has a separate gst. thus what we used to pay . eg 180$ af become $192.60 now due to the additional gst. thus with all those stewpig cents now

Check out the thread on Amex Rewards Card launched in July 10.

Dun understand why Citi copy the same concept and yet provide lower benefits than Amex.

At a glance.

Welcome offer
Amex - FYF with 8,000 Amex MR upon activation
Citi - FYF with 1,000 Citidollars upon activation

Redemption Value
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 3,500 Amex MR
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 4,900 Citi Dollars

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dun understand why Citi copy the same concept and yet provide lower benefits than Amex.

At a glance.

Welcome offer

Redemption Value

but i check amex is $1=1 pts, citi is $1=10 pts on shopping.
btw cant find information on the annual income requirement for this amex card.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
still don't see how citi cards points are good.........

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK i just got to know about it... from 12th October 2010... but it seems on the website only under Platinum but not under Clear Card.

It applies to the Clear card too. I have the card. All my existing points got multipled by 5 I think (they made adjustments to your existing points as well to make things even). It wasn't on my bill for this month (my bill was on the 10th) but when I logged into my acct online I could see the much-higher adjusted points already. :s13:

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but at least the miles part win over the premiermiles card.

btw, just now got the application form from axs machine. got stated 1year free annual fee for both main and supplementary .

That's good. Weird that they didn't state on the website though. Mmm...

At a glance.

Welcome offer

Redemption Value

OT a bit...I am not really a fan of Amex cards. Not a lot of places accept them I think. Visa/MC safer... :D

mohamadhafiz

Reaction score

Citi Rewards Card - X10 Promotion T&C

Based on the T&C

clause 2.

Under this Promotion, Cardmembers are entitled to earn X10 Citi Dollars (every S$ 1 charged = 10 Citi Dollars) when they make transactions with their Citi Rewards Visa Signature / WORLD MasterCard card at any department store worldwide or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes and bag as its main business activity.

Is it possible for us to know the list of Merchants supported for this X10 ?
So for example if i go to JL or Metro sale at EXPO does it counts? Coz it is a Departmental Store company.... anyone have any ideas?

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Citi Rewards Card - X10 Promotion T&C

Based on the T&C

clause 2.

Under this Promotion, Cardmembers are entitled to earn X10 Citi Dollars (every S$ 1 charged = 10 Citi Dollars) when they make transactions with their Citi Rewards Visa Signature / WORLD MasterCard card at any department store worldwide or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes and bag as its main business activity.

Is it possible for us to know the list of Merchants supported for this X10 ?
So for example if i go to JL or Metro sale at EXPO does it counts? Coz it is a Departmental Store company.... anyone have any ideas?

I called and asked them a similar question last time regarding another card (can't remember was it for Clear or Dividend; they both have certain-category-more-rewards structure). My understanding then is that there is no way for us to know for sure in advance. We will know only after we get our bills. And even then, there is some "guess-timate" involved.

One example the CSO quoted was, say we ate at a restaurant in a hotel. Spending at restaurant is supposed to qualify for more rewards (for example). But because the restaurant is in a hotel, it may be counted as spending at hotel and so no extra rewards.

The idea I got was that each merchant falls under some type of category in their records, so those in the "right" category will qualify for more rewards.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score

precisely, points multiplied but the redemption of rewards doesnt ratio accordingly!
i remembered i earned enough points to redeem something cos i seldom use their card now but other banks. now with the adjustments i fall short and cant redeem anything!

blardy ediot. scam!! :X
now i need to spend more to topup the points. :mad:

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
I called and asked them a similar question last time regarding another card (can't remember was it for Clear or Dividend; they both have certain-category-more-rewards structure). My understanding then is that there is no way for us to know for sure in advance. We will know only after we get our bills. And even then, there is some "guess-timate" involved.

One example the CSO quoted was, say we ate at a restaurant in a hotel. Spending at restaurant is supposed to qualify for more rewards (for example). But because the restaurant is in a hotel, it may be counted as spending at hotel and so no extra rewards.

The idea I got was that each merchant falls under some type of category in their records, so those in the "right" category will qualify for more rewards.

ya, its has been true for dividend card. just like eg. if u go shangri la the line to dine, although is spend on dining, but then they are under hotel. so will be just 0.5% instead of 2%.

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
citibank always "looks" nice... but eventually u get peanuts...

It depends on how you use it I think. I got my Clear card earlier this year. So far, I have exchanged for two pairs of cinema tickets at Cathay counter. On the 20th, they had a half-price promo for the tickets so I exchanged another 3 pairs. Total exchange for 10 tickets liao...Which is quite wu hua considering I don't spend an insane amt on the card every month.

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
comparing the "starter" offer btw this card and Amex rewards card... Citi is pwned dip dip.... Just cuz there are more dining and other offer nia...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.