prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

yangken

Reaction score
Do they just photocopy the passport or do you have to fill in a form. How much did the SIM card cost and the value in it. Thanks.

They will make a copy of your passport for you. You just need to write your name, passport no, and signature in the form... The person will help you on this. :)

No cost for the SIM card.
I purchased call + data plan (5 unlimited days) for TND695. I cannot remember what is the talk time or sms value though...

diodiola

Reaction score
Is anyone going to taiwan? Can help me check if they got mini prepaid data sim card for Iphone 4?

WaYne900

Reaction score
i just bought ytd and they ask me for my passport and IC. i also get the NTD$695.

What i understand is per day they will deduct NTD$100 from this card for the 3G. If you still got value inside, u can call a number to extend it if not you need to go 7-eleven to purchase a top up.

paco

Reaction score
Yes definitely need ic or other identification other than passport, they told me started October 2010

buzzmario

Reaction score
i just bought ytd and they ask me for my passport and IC. i also get the NTD$695.

What i understand is per day they will deduct NTD$100 from this card for the 3G. If you still got value inside, u can call a number to extend it if not you need to go 7-eleven to purchase a top up.

hi, for 695nt , it come with 120 min of internet data access, however about calling? how min give? i suppose it a normal size sims card, should not be a problem to use it in iphone 3gs? thanks

ruiyao

Reaction score
hi, may i know is the prepaid 3g sim card available at the airport at terminal 1? :s11:

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can buy at t1, and confirm u need to bring an ic or driving license etc , other than passport!!

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if no IC, cannot register the prepaid line meh? last time, they only ask for my passport...

I dun bring IC overseas... additional risk if wallet lost or stolen...

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sg passport got all kinds of info....ur passport is as goot as ur IC
btw,u gif IC....taiwanese oso might not know wat tat info meant for:s13:

zone123

Reaction score
the counter

Hello,

is this the counter you refering to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWhiJkFrO8

at terminal 2 of taoyuan airport, out of arrival hall.
turn left.

------------------------------------------

Managed to get the da ge da 3G data sim card at a counter in Terminal 2 of taoyuan airport. Once u get out the arrival hall, turn left & look for counters selling sim cards. Da ge da counter next to zhong hua counter. Paid NT300 for 5 days unlimited data. Using it now to post.:)

zone123

Reaction score
the prepaid card

Hi Wayne,

is the date unlimited?
Any voice call bundle? if so, how much charge plan for the voice call.

Is this the location you buy your sim card?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWhiJkFrO8

Thank you.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay... I am now in Taiwan... Yes... For Singaporean, now it's required to bring nric and passport to purchase prepaid sim card.

Sigh... Lucky my gf managed to convince the counter get to let us purchase the prepaid card.

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay... I am now in Taiwan... Yes... For Singaporean, now it's required to bring nric and passport to purchase prepaid sim card.

Sigh... Lucky my gf managed to convince the counter get to let us purchase the prepaid card.

so how much is the prepaid and is there a micro sim prepaid and for 3G data only?

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how much is the prepaid and is there a micro sim prepaid and for 3G data only?

NT$645 for the prepaid card... If u wan data, u can use the value of NT$645 to deduct NT$350 to enable 5 days of unlimited of 3G data...

Whether can it be pure data, I am not sure.

Micro sim is available but I nv ask whether there are any charges to use microsim.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.