prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NT$645 for the prepaid card... If u wan data, u can use the value of NT$645 to deduct NT$350 to enable 5 days of unlimited of 3G data...

Whether can it be pure data, I am not sure.

Micro sim is available but I nv ask whether there are any charges to use microsim.

5 days for NT$645....i going 2 weeks so need around X3 the price...around SGD$100....

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya forget to ask u got your prepaid card from which booth and which terminal?

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every 5 days is NT$350...

I also dunno which terminal I was at... U can just ask for prepaid (yu fei) card, and the service staff will guide u where u can buy the prepaid card. Dun worry. The people are very friendly one...

WaYne900

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

is the date unlimited?
Any voice call bundle? if so, how much charge plan for the voice call.

Is this the location you buy your sim card?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWhiJkFrO8

Thank you.

yes it comes with voice. they will teach u how to call to Singapore. It is cheaper than using roaming. It is just a normal prepaid card and u buy depends on the amt u want.

For the data, the package is as follow

1 day - NTD$100
3 days - NTD$250
5 Days NTD$350.

after 5 days if you want to extend, you need to activate it again and u can choose the different package but u need to ensure there is enough value inside to purchase the package. If not enough money, u need to buy top up card to top up the value before purchasing the 3G package.

buzzmario

Reaction score
yes it comes with voice. they will teach u how to call to Singapore. It is cheaper than using roaming. It is just a normal prepaid card and u buy depends on the amt u want.

For the data, the package is as follow

1 day - NTD$100
3 days - NTD$250
5 Days NTD$350.

after 5 days if you want to extend, you need to activate it again and u can choose the different package but u need to ensure there is enough value inside to purchase the package. If not enough money, u need to buy top up card to top up the value before purchasing the 3G package.

dose the card come in the micro sim? (used by iphone4 and ipad?)

ruiyao

Reaction score
Hi cfm can buy at t1 also. Once u collect ur luggage and walk out of the arrival hall u turn left and u will see 3 telco siting side by side :)

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

zone123

Reaction score
Hi,

how about Taiwan airport Terminal 2?
I will be arriving at T2.

If walk out of the arrival hall , can I get Taiwan Dageda?
Right or left turn for T2 ?

annai

Reaction score
The small telco booth is manned by all 3 operators. Right hand side after coming out of the T1 arrival hall. Taiwan mobile 7 days+1st day FOC (only unlimited data) NT$450.

zone123

Reaction score
hi all,

i am in taiwan now. i arrived at taipei airport terminal 2 travelling in sq flight.

i am also in search of taiwan da ge da, as i had read about this forum.
after collect all the bags, clearance then walked to the arrived hall. after that u have to turn left, then after a few steps turn left again. then you will see
some telco booths there, you will not miss it.
taiwam mobile ( taiwan da ge da ) is there.

yes, who forum messages mentioned above is correct for the price plan.
as for me , travelling with my wife with iphone 3gs and 4 respectively, we bought a normal 3g sim card and a small micro sim card for the iphone 4. (those who need one for iphone4, no problem, they have sim card for u).

we opt for for a 5 days 3g data plan each.
each cost nt$345. we did not purchase for voice,
as the staff told us, it still has some value inside ( i think is nt$5) if u really need voice call later, can easily topup voice or even top up 1 day ,3days or another 5 days later.
we did not bother to get voice because, since everyone in the travelling group are using iphones,

----------------
data topup
1 day nt$100
3 days nt$250
5 days nt 350
--------------------

we can simply uae WhatsApp ,imo and msn for communication.

if you need voice, then talk to the staff for voice charges.

it is recommended that to buy the 3g sim card in airport, because i notice is is kind of diffcult to locate the isp aervice center in else where, only those topup servicea r available more in 7-11 .

the apn for taiwan mobile is twm ,
username : <blank>
password : <blank>
------------

eem, no need to ask me about other isp, :)
as i see the past messages from the forum,for this taiwan dageda.
i only go right to the booth, and pay nt$345
for one iphone 3g sim card for data plan to use for 5 days. it has extra nt$55 inside for voice and sim, or to call their customer service for topup or other help.

( for those who worry about the signal strength, here is my experience:-
uae on botj iphone 3gs and 4g :- signal very strong and ideal.
but atandby a battary , as u know iphone eats up battery fast....... :)

------------------------------------
oh yes please do not forget,
you really have to present your nric as a form of identification, witj effect from oct 2010, this apply to other isp.

erm, do not ask me or tell me such thing as
going oversea use passport will do, why uae nric,
anyway this is their policy, if we want to use their service, we got to follow their procedure.
as i saw another 2 pair of couples, did not bring, still argue with the staffs, as a result didnt buy.
so, dun tell me go oversea use only passport.
i read this forum, i understand it. so in order to speed up the process, i bring along. else i will be causing delaya for others waiting behind me.
( coming for tour, must be happy, dun argue)

The small telco booth is manned by all 3 operators. Right hand side after coming out of the T1 arrival hall. Taiwan mobile 7 days+1st day FOC (only unlimited data) NT$450.

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

Last edited:

kellempxt

Reaction score
thank you for your advice, zone123... am really looking forward to my trip to taiwan in april 2011

hope it is still easy to find 3g data cards...

worldtraveller

Reaction score
hi all,

------------------------------------
oh yes please do not forget,
you really have to present your nric as a form of identification, witj effect from oct 2010, this apply to other isp.

erm, do not ask me or tell me such thing as
going oversea use passport will do, why uae nric,
anyway this is their policy, if we want to use their service, we got to follow their procedure.
as i saw another 2 pair of couples, did not bring, still argue with the staffs, as a result didnt buy.
so, dun tell me go oversea use only passport.
i read this forum, i understand it. so in order to speed up the process, i bring along. else i will be causing delaya for others waiting behind me.
( coming for tour, must be happy, dun argue)

Actually, the telecom company need 2 forms of formal identification to register a sim card. When I was there, the telco girl ask for my IC once she knows I am from Singapore. They are familiar with the type of identification Singaporean have.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i cannot find any such promo on dagade website lei. the what 5 day data package...

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
how come some ppl say 5day $695, some say 5 days $350 only?

Gotten chung hwa mirco sim unlimited data only package for ntd$450 for 7 days +1 day free from the airport.

another sim costing ntd $300 for calls.

hope that helps

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i just got back from taiwan and I bought Taiwan Mobile data prepaid from the airport, and yes they do need IC to do the registration (One of the reason is mine is the new passport that my IC No. is not my Passport No.) thats what they told me

And they got this package for NT$350 for 5days unlimited (they got micro sim for it)

stardustali

Reaction score
ok i just got back from taiwan and I bought Taiwan Mobile data prepaid from the airport, and yes they do need IC to do the registration (One of the reason is mine is the new passport that my IC No. is not my Passport No.) thats what they told me

And they got this package for NT$350 for 5days unlimited (they got micro sim for it)

just to check, driver's license is ok right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.