Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabgab

Reaction score
Bros, change the whole aircon lah. Go for Daikin or Mitsubishi. Panasonic is the last resort even though I have a Panasonic and to be honest, not fantastic but in terms of pricing, it is the best among the better brands such as Daikin and Mitsubishi. i am going to get myself a daikin next time. :s13:

If I can afford a daikin, i will go for daikin as well.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Single unit... hmm, do ur outdoor unit require bracket? If need think $800-$900 can get with bracket exclude power point.

bracket ? i think need bah. sorry noob in aircon.. any brand/model to recommend ?

relaxcatdog

Reaction score
Choosing a System 4. The salesman told me my block can only use 8.5 amp compressor and I can only choose between a LG inverter or Starmex inverter. True? LG got more features (ion, filters, etc) and is about $400 cheaper.

Anyone used LG system 4 before? I guess Mit Starmex is more popular but is it worth the $400 extra?

TY!!

I am also going to install airconditioners for my new 4-room flat. Today, I went to Gain City to find out more about airconditioners. Salesman advised me that I should get a system 4 for my 4-room flat.
According to him, there are certain brands and models I cannot use because of the small size of my aircon ledge window. He recommended LG inverter but I am inclined to get Daixin, Mitsubishi or Panasonic inverter as these brands seem to be more popular with forumers. Out of these three brands, which model and brand (and its estimated price) would you recommend? I normally switch on my aircon for two bedrooms in my old house at least for entire night. Occasionally switch on aircon in living room in the old house when it is hot. I don't mind paying slightly more for a quiet, energy saving, cool airconditioner. Hope someone can give feedback/suggestions.

terumo

Reaction score
To Bro relaxcatdog,
ur new house @ Bendeemer?
wats the height of ur masterroom window? < 30 inches?

relaxcatdog

Reaction score
Nope, my house is not at Bendemeer. Went to Natural Cool today to check on the airconditioners. Found out that Panasonic does not have system 4. Was told by the sales staff that Mitsubishi system 4 inverter aircon system MXY-4A28VA has a suitable sized compressor which can pass through the small sized aircon ledge window. There is one model with 18,000BTU and another 20,000BTU with less than $100 difference in price. Seems like Mitsubishi system 4 is used by many apartments at Pinnacle. Might want to to get this inverter aircon but would like to get feedback first from owners who are using this model and brand. Is it cool, quiet and energy-saving? Daikin also has a system 4 inverter aircon but the compressor is slightly bigger. It is also much more expensive.

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
I am using Panasonic non-inverter. Not fantastic. My friends told me to use Daikin and I have also heard favorable things about Daikin form my colleagues. I will get that for my new house.

there is some user using Panasonic inverter system 1 here before.. and her review is quite good..

I agree non-inverter sucks big time... so I will be posting a review for Panasonic Inverter SYstem 2 here.

Installation Date: 4 December 2010

eugene260880

Reaction score
was looking at non inverter Sanyo or toshiba, but sanyo bought over by pana
so ended up looking at toshiba noninverter, but cost ard $2k
which make me ended up getting mitsubishi heavy industries sys3 inverter with ion function
$2555

inverter vs non inverter

eugene260880

Reaction score
partly reason
R22 reduced or stopping production, in demand and low in supply means costly if want to repair nxt time
R410A is eco frendly, and mass production also make it more cost efficient to repair in near future

bought from creation aircon
first yr got 1 service free
then subsequently got $300 servicing voucher for the nxt 2yrs after the first yr
half yrly service once
each time is ard $90 for topup of gas, cleanning, inspection etc....

so $300 can use for ard 3 times

eugene260880

Reaction score
creation selling bracket for $120
even if got bracket, if not stainless steel, also must reinstall
if compressor too small for existing bracket, also must reinstall...
haizz.....
hope my bracket cann reuse and save $120.....

no more sanyo for info

integration of business for aircon department at least:

toshiba/carrier
panasonic/sanyo

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for the whole house --> living room + 3 rooms?
required system 4 right?

if you're going to use it daily, maybe can look up NEA's website on energy-efficient air-cons. http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp :s7:

do consider installation as well... coz a branded air-con + bad installation olso can lead to inefficiency and other maintenance issues. :s22:

as for recommended brands... well... there're a lot of them in this thread. =:p

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
My mom just got an aircon installation for System 2 non-inverter.
Was quoted $1400 inclusive of installation for it (Mitsubishi).
Trying to check the exact model now.

I need some help if the price looks ok.
Also warranty they provide 1 year for everything except compressor will be 5 years.....is this what's provided outside normally?

amlim

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Need some help here.

My old (really old aircon) is going to konk out soon.

I was recommended by the aircon servicing guy to change to a inverter which uses R22 refrigerant.

Any idea if I can switch to another inverter that user R410A refrigerant?

I am reusing back the old piping. But the piping very old already. I guess 15 years. Do you think its advisable? Changing piping is out of question coz existing piping is hidden and would involve some renovation / tearing down work.

Thanks and regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.