Aztech WL556E: No internet Access Prob

arcaninx

Reaction score
Hi all wireless repeater users,

I just bot and setup the above device. There is no problem connecting to the device. But I always have intermittent cutoff from the Internet. The wireless program keep prompting that "No Internet Access". Can anyone advise?

Aztech HQ

Reaction score
Hi all wireless repeater users,

I just bot and setup the above device. There is no problem connecting to the device. But I always have intermittent cutoff from the Internet. The wireless program keep prompting that "No Internet Access". Can anyone advise?

arcannix,

You may be connected to the repeater, however, the repeater may not be connected to your main router due to your configuration setup.

Can you provide me info of your main router and the ISP ? 2Wire ? StarHub ? M1 ?

This will allow us to assist you.

Cheers,
Aztech HQ

pokeflute

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

I have configured the unit to copy all settings from my router (DLink 655).

SSID copied,
WPA2-PSK, passphrase using TKIP/AES but it just simply does not connect to my router.

This is very disappointing and frustrating as I expected it to work right out of the box.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

SSID copied,
WPA2-PSK, passphrase using TKIP/AES but it just simply does not connect to my router.

This is very disappointing and frustrating as I expected it to work right out of the box.

Oftenly, WPA2-PSK goes with AES encryption.
You want to provide screenshots here of both the device?

untitled

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

SSID copied,

may i know what router you're using?

having the same problem as you. helpdesk called me, go through all the steps still find no solution. they will get back to me again.

phuzzy

Reaction score
Same problem

arcannix,

You may be connected to the repeater, however, the repeater may not be connected to your main router due to your configuration setup.

Can you provide me info of your main router and the ISP ? 2Wire ? StarHub ? M1 ?

This will allow us to assist you.

Cheers,
Aztech HQ

I have the same problem. Hasnt worked and the helpdesk is only open when I am away at office.

I use starhub broadband, TP Link 741ND router. Can connect to router but no access to internet

I must say for a non IT savvy person that the instructions to get started are far too simplified and vauge.

Are there situations where this product simply doesnt work?

Many thanks

untitled

Banned
Reaction score
i think there is certain restriction with this repeater, able to work on some router only. i tried on wrt54g + st536v6 combo it works. but it does not on DSL1015EN(L). disappointing.

phuzzy

Reaction score
i think there is certain restriction with this repeater, able to work on some router only. i tried on wrt54g + st536v6 combo it works. but it does not on DSL1015EN(L). disappointing.

hmmm..thats not what the sales guy said when he was trying to get me to buy it. It would be nice if Aztech could respond to this.

Andrew_Ng

Reaction score
Gents,here is the workaround. There is nothing wrong with your WL556E Repeater , it is just that you main router is configured in AUTO Mode for the channels. Here is the workaround.

page0001q.jpg

page0002q.jpg

page0003f.jpg

These documentation can be downloaded at :

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/SINGAP... connect to Wireless AP with Auto Channel.pdf

Check it out as there will be a new firmware release this week that will allow you to setup your repeater as EASY as ABC.

MEZZO

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Used my iphone to link to my wireless router and can surf the net without problems - iphone shows 2 signal bars. Enabled my Aztech WL556E to connect to the wireless router. Able to surf wirelessly for a about 5 mins then there is no assess - iphone shows 3 bars (full). Even if I bring the my iphone to the wireless router I have no assess but still shows 3 signal bars! I configured as mentioned in Aztech faq using a fixed channel. What a waste of my money now!!!!:(

untitled

Banned
Reaction score
Gents,here is the workaround. There is nothing wrong with your WL556E Repeater , it is just that you main router is configured in AUTO Mode for the channels. Here is the workaround.

Check it out as there will be a new firmware release this week that will allow you to setup your repeater as EASY as ABC.

I dun think so as my aztech adsl 1015en is already in channel 6 by default.

phuzzy

Reaction score

These documentation can be downloaded at :

thanks vm for this. i just got off the phone with Aztech support and solved it. the 2 main problems were:

1. Channel cannot be set to auto (as you mentioned). I set it to a fixed channel on both wireless router and repeater.

2. My router's name had spaces in it. Thats a nono too.

Once both resolved the thing worked as advertised. Its nice to finally get connected to the web wherever I am in my house. My feedback to Aztech is to include these known limitations in their FAQ page. Also would prefer allowing router channel set to auto to avoid having to check channel traffic frequently/manually.

Hope this helps anyone here with the same issues.

phuzzy

Reaction score
thanks vm for this. i just got off the phone with Aztech support and solved it. the 2 main problems were:

1. Channel cannot be set to auto (as you mentioned). I set it to a fixed channel on both wireless router and repeater.

2. My router's name had spaces in it. Thats a nono too.

Once both resolved the thing worked as advertised. Its nice to finally get connected to the web wherever I am in my house. My feedback to Aztech is to include these known limitations in their FAQ page. Also would prefer allowing router channel set to auto to avoid having to check channel traffic frequently/manually.

Hope this helps anyone here with the same issues.

just a quick update:

i could not get connected to the internet soon after an hour. I was connected to my wireless router but it showed i had no internet connection.

called TP Link (my wireless router brand) and they found nothing wrong with the settings of the router.

turned the repeater off and got connected to internet again. turned repeater on again and i could still get access to internet......

.....until i brought my laptop near the repeater and connected to it via LAN cable. got a good result from speedtest.com.sg but when i walked back to my wireless router, i got the same problem again i.e. connected to wireless network but no internet access.

turned off the repeater and got my connection back.

i think something may have gone wrong as my laptop switched from repeater back to router.

not happy about this and it looks like this product is not working as advertised.

any experts can give some insights?

thanks.

phuzzy

Reaction score
just a quick update:

i could not get connected to the internet soon after an hour. I was connected to my wireless router but it showed i had no internet connection.

called TP Link (my wireless router brand) and they found nothing wrong with the settings of the router.

turned the repeater off and got connected to internet again. turned repeater on again and i could still get access to internet......

.....until i brought my laptop near the repeater and connected to it via LAN cable. got a good result from speedtest.com.sg but when i walked back to my wireless router, i got the same problem again i.e. connected to wireless network but no internet access.

turned off the repeater and got my connection back.

i think something may have gone wrong as my laptop switched from repeater back to router.

not happy about this and it looks like this product is not working as advertised.

any experts can give some insights?

thanks.

for whats its worth, i called Aztech again and they said i needed to do a firmware upgrade. tried that and now its worse, when connect via LAN cable, my laptop cant detect open the GUI. Tried pinging its IP address but there was no packet loss.

Acoustica76

Reaction score
Can't work!

Hi all, I just purchased this and I can't even access to the web GUI 10.0.10.254. It just can't load at all. Anyone can help?

achilles69

Reaction score
HI guys, jus bought this gadget, tot will be easy, plug and play. But facing a lot of problems now. The most frustrating would be, NO CONNECTION even connected via LAN cable!!! The rest are like wat the others bros have mentioned, regarding the wireless. Please help.

ayeong

Reaction score
Sounds dejavu whenever Aztech releases some new products :) So conclusion, doesn't pay to buy when it launch or simply dun touch that brand ?

Food for thoughts ! Merry Christmas

achilles69

Reaction score
Hi all, basically the problem is I have excellent network connection and have IP addresses . I am using M1 fibre 100mbps and the HG router. My network status show an excellent connection of 130mbps (which I dun understand abit cos when I test using Speedtest, I only get max 42 nia). The only PROBLEM is I GOt No Internet Connection !!! Why ??? Pls help.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.