Question about Malacca

tiodiao

Reaction score
hello all bro and sis. sorry if i had hijacked this tread. But can i ask if it is safe to drive to Malacca?? as in is there cases of car being stolen over there? thanks for any help!!

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
hello all bro and sis. sorry if i had hijacked this tread. But can i ask if it is safe to drive to Malacca?? as in is there cases of car being stolen over there? thanks for any help!!

Bro, I think nobody can guarantee you for this question. Malacca is generally a safe place as compare to neighbouring states.

Safe does not mean no crime. Just practice some precaution measures to protect your car such as park at open area, lock the steering, drive lao pok car, choose hotel with security guard etc.

buswhiz

Reaction score
Bro, I think nobody can guarantee you for this question. Malacca is generally a safe place as compare to neighbouring states.

Safe does not mean no crime. Just practice some precaution measures to protect your car such as park at open area, lock the steering, drive lao pok car, choose hotel with security guard etc.

Generally, Malacca is much more safer but you stil have to take precaution..
My advise to you is to act humble, act like Malaysian, a normal person.. my personal experience where I think many Singaporean are being targeted because they wear very nice/branded things like bag, speak english, watches...

As for cars, it is best if you could lock the car with extra steering lock, park in open car park.. u have to take precaution anyway.. and for ladies, it is best not to bring handbag

dkuan88

Reaction score
Generally, Malacca is much more safer but you stil have to take precaution..
My advise to you is to act humble, act like Malaysian, a normal person.. my personal experience where I think many Singaporean are being targeted because they wear very nice/branded things like bag, speak english, watches...

As for cars, it is best if you could lock the car with extra steering lock, park in open car park.. u have to take precaution anyway.. and for ladies, it is best not to bring handbag

I fully agree that a good steering lock is a must in Malaysia.
I read in the news that a few years back, a S'pore Toyota Wish was stolen in Hotel Equatorial, Melaka. So you never know when it happen.

Update latest: Mishap in Malacca
http://www.twcsg.org/viewtopic.php?t=24208

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any local driver on minivan for malacca recommendation?

Intending to travel there with the whole family so dont wish to split up to take public tpt to move around everytime

ipporek

Master Member
Reaction score
Is 2D 1N Malacca Free & Easy Package at 4 Star Mahkota Hotel + Breakfast + 2-Way Coach Tickets for 2 pax at $158 really a good deal?

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
For 2 I guess. This is what it read la.

If for 2 is quite worth it.

Quick estimate calculation:

1). Coach (Delima Express) Sin - Mal = $21 x 2 = $42
2). Coach (Delima Express) Mal - Sin = $11 x 2 = $22
3). Mahkota Hotel (1-Bedroom Weekend)= $100 per night
Total = $164

Above estimation is exclude hotel/bus terminal transfer.

state22

Reaction score
hi hi to all

can anyone advise if there are accomodations for 10 pax and 3 cars?

my frens and i driving up to malacca so wanna look for an accomodation tat house 10 n have the cars parked safely...

search so fat has only thrown up, Garden city and King's hotel

pls advise u know of any other options, thank u!

Jaypct

Reaction score
hi hi to all

can anyone advise if there are accomodations for 10 pax and 3 cars?

my frens and i driving up to malacca so wanna look for an accomodation tat house 10 n have the cars parked safely...

search so fat has only thrown up, Garden city and King's hotel

pls advise u know of any other options, thank u!

There is a thread in this forum renting out bungalow in malacca, good rates and the guy quite friendly, and i think it can accomodate your request, do a search.

surpize

Reaction score
Generally, Malacca quite safe...
Can consider e few boutique hotel like puni / hangout etc along jorker street... Quite good location...

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
dun save on parking coupon there. wardens are everywhere

buswhiz

Reaction score
esecially in those tourist area, where the warden will be riding a motorcycle looking to issue parking fines.. haha.. i was a victim many times.. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.