Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

_death_god

Reaction score
hello guys.
my skullcandy in-ear have officially spoilt!
so i need to get a new earpiece.

my budget is $60-70
wondering whether creative EP-830 is worth it for the price...
or is there any other product that is better? :)

thanks for the help! ^^

elninokev

Reaction score
Currently using Scosche IDR355md bought for $76. Sound is pretty decent compared to Creative EP-630 which i bought for $45 2 years ago. I tried nuforce NE7 b4 and i must say the quality of sound packs a punch too, but i didn't really like its design though.

freshjunior

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good IEM? My budget is around $60. I'm not an audiophile, so a decent sound quality will do (not worse than the standard apple earphones though haha!) What's more important to me is the noise isolation and comfort. I want to be able to listen to music on noisy trains and buses without tuning up the volume :D

Shortlisted some earphones after looking through the posts:

- PL50
- Klipsch s2
- Brainwavz m2
- CKM 50/55

Last edited:

killer

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for an IE below $100. currently using Sony EX-90( i think) which compares poorly to my older EX-71. priority as such : comfort > durability > sound quality ( but at least ok). looking for more clarity than bass. used mainly on handphone ( but not iphone)

current shortlist for me is a-Jays three, but would like to see other models to compare with it. prefer angular jack but not that big of a deal

pikmin23

Reaction score
i'm looking for an IE below $100. currently using Sony EX-90( i think) which compares poorly to my older EX-71. priority as such : comfort > durability > sound quality ( but at least ok). looking for more clarity than bass. used mainly on handphone ( but not iphone)

current shortlist for me is a-Jays three, but would like to see other models to compare with it. prefer angular jack but not that big of a deal

If you are looking at clarity than bass i think the Sunrise Sw-Xcape is a very good choice! Got good reviews recently. Would have recommnded you the RE0 as well but it is beyond your budget. Sw-Xcape has a local dealer and it is now being offered @ SGD 85 so should go hoot it! I think he has a thread somewhere in the mass order forum so should go check it out! :)

silvernoy

Reaction score

you may want to audition the earpiece first.
the a-jays three really hurt my ear when i tried it on. uncomfortable for me but maybe different for others.
and there are complains online as like mine which has one side of the earpiece having no sound at all after using it for sometime.

killer

Master Member
Reaction score
thks for the tips. will check out the sunrise thread. saw the a-jays 3 comments on the forum. that's quite a big concern

freshjunior

Reaction score
Still in a dilemma over which IEM to buy.. PL50 is $80+ which is over my budget of $60+, while brainwavz m2's noise isolation is not that good. Any other suggestions peeps?

TAUS93

Reaction score
u can try out the nuforce ne-6. u can find reviews for nuforce ne-7. 6 is jus w/o mic. have pretty good reviews for them^^ selling for 63 on treoo

Sergio Ramos

Reaction score
Is there any that is around the quality & price of EP-630? mine is spoilt because one side of the fragile cable is damaged :(

ixzach

Reaction score
Went to Jaben last week and tried out several earphones.. Good service, can tell them what U want and they will show you the various models according to your needs.. End up I got Hippo Boom for $50.. Good noise isolation and as it name suggest, bass is good for me. I listen to pop and rock mostly..

Initially, I wanted to get a pair from Treoo. The online store put available when I bought it. They didn't even have stocks and didn't bother to inform me till I emailed them 3 days later. I replied them saying I will wait and again, no replys on the other side. I just went to Jaben. It was only like 1 week later, then they reply me saying the stocks have arrived but I have already bought my. IMO, service has dropped since the last time I bought from them a few months back.

Last edited:

pikmin23

Reaction score
Went to Jaben last week and tried out several earphones.. Good service, can tell them what U want and they will show you the various models according to your needs.. End up I got Hippo Boom for $50.. Good noise isolation and as it name suggest, bass is good for me. I listen to pop and rock mostly..

Initially, I wanted to get a pair from Treoo. The online store put available when I bought it. They didn't even have stocks and didn't bother to inform me till I emailed them 3 days later. I replied them saying I will wait and again, no replys on the other side. I just went to Jaben. It was only like 1 week later, then they reply me saying the stocks have arrived but I have already bought my. IMO, service has dropped since the last time I bought from them a few months back.

Yea Treoo service sometimes alittle erratic one... but they have Hippo Boomz mah?

ixzach

Reaction score
Haha.. Bro, U never read properly..

I said I got my Hippo Boom at Jaben Network at Adelphi..

selfa89

Reaction score
Is there any that is around the quality & price of EP-630? mine is spoilt because one side of the fragile cable is damaged :(

Hmm..
either try

Treoo website for Fischer Audio's Omega V2 / Toughstuff / Marcus Bass / Equilibrium V1 or V2 series, Fischer Audio has aplenty for you price range.

Trying to go lazy will need you to go down in the malls for a Koss KE29 or JVC Marshmallows for budget, both which i think doesn't warrants reason for you to deny the Fischer Audio IEMs the chance ;)

oracle00

Reaction score
I am looking for a IEM that has a detachable cable/cord. Budget is abt $100. What wld u guys recommend?

pikmin23

Reaction score
say on inearmatters that there is one from shures coming out at ard that price point. so you might wanna check it out?

dominikyong

Reaction score
Hey, like mentioned, about 80+ budget. actually I'm willing to hit $100.

I was at Stereo@PS just now, looking for headphones though :x
and he offered me several,

Sennheiser HD 202/ HD 228/ PX 100

AKG 420

I'm looking for clarity more than base actually. got any recommendations ?
thanks !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.