Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

LT_SIN

Reaction score
Hi need your advice guys.

I had narrowed down two tailor shops which is pinkys and moon river

I was thinking of getting 2 suits (pants inclusive) how much does a suit cost?

Im not looking for high quality material, just for daily use

Hulk55

Reaction score
I went to have a look at these shops you mentioned they sell their suits for around $500 plus per set (jacket and pants) which i think is too ex! better go to jhasper fashion in sukhumvit road 11 their suits run around $200+ can get slim fit cut for suit and they also r very good shirt tailor in bangkok. I made my clothes there...their service n quality is good and reasonably priced

LT_SIN

Reaction score
I went to have a look at these shops you mentioned they sell their suits for around $500 plus per set (jacket and pants) which i think is too ex! better go to jhasper fashion in sukhumvit road 11 their suits run around $200+ can get slim fit cut for suit and they also r very good shirt tailor in bangkok. I made my clothes there...their service n quality is good and reasonably priced

Thanks hulk55. So I'm guessin 500 is the minimum for a suit for moon river n pinkys. Is it cos of the quality of materials that cause the price difference?
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll prob try both jhasper n moon river, was planning try tailoring one suit in each shop.

darknezz

Reaction score
I came back last week from my 2nd bkk trip this year. In Jan I was there to try out Pinky and Crown, I already wrote my feedback here on this forum. Well in between I have been asking around and a few of my friends actually tailored shirts at cheaper prices than the 2 highly recommended ones here. So this trip, I decided to try out different tailors

M1 Tailor at MBK shopping mall, 1st floor
The shelf price for shirts starts at 680THB (if I dont remember wrongly), most of the fabrics are priced at 1,100THB which are cheaper than the shirts that I made at Pinky/ Crown earlier this year (about 1,000 to 1,200).

The best part is you can bargain which I manage to get the most of the shirts to below 1,000 THB. The second thing the price is inclusive of all customisation e.g. double cuff/ inner lining etc. If I am not wrong, Crown does not charge from customisation and Pinky charge additional 100THB.

Althogether I made 4 shirts (3 x 950 + 1 x1300), all of them with different colour inner linings at the cuff and collar. The most expensive fabric (1300) was a white shirt which I really like the design and thickness of the fabric. I also made 2 pants at 1200 each, 1 was finest cashere and the other is 150's wool. (for pants, the fabric used is sewn into the insides of the back pocket).

New Asia Boutique, 2nd floor, Asia Hotel
I went there as my friend told me there is a tailor there that charges only 600THB (after bargain) per shirt and the price is supposely inclusive of customisation. But I could not find the tailor shop and ended up at this shop instead. The price here is 800THB per shirt and customisation is 100THB additional. However fabric is quite limited and I made only 2 shirts.

Overview
I think this being my 2nd time tailoring shirts I am more careful about what to look out for and I am able to tell them more precisely on what I want. I had 2 fittings at both tailors and collected only on the fourth day. At New Asia, the first fitting was way too loose and he had to take about 1.5 inches off each on my left and right side. You might want to emphasis that you want SLIM FIT to the guy at New Asia.

Overall the fabric looks comparable to the ones I made at Pinky and Crown (i did not check ??? cotton). They are soft and does not seem to crumble easily. Anyways, my plans for now is to wait till New Year before I start to wear them. I have too many shirts for now. Until then, if there is any issue, I will post here again

Personally I like the M1 tailor as it is at MBK; usually when I am in BKK, I tend to visit MBK and the shopping area around a few times for food/ shopping etc. The location for Crown and Pinky on the other hand is abit out of place for me and if I do visit, it would be specifically for tailoring only (wasting time in my holiday traveling to and from tailor).

This trip 0 shirts/ pants from Pinky/ Crown. But overally I really feel that I spent alot less time commuting between the tailors and my intended destination.

Happy shopping bro and sis

magnifisun

Reaction score
Is there a need to make a reservation before going down to pinky/crown? or just walk in will do.?

drixsome

Reaction score
Hi all, first and foremost thanks very much to everyone who have contributed in some way or another to this thread and I think I owe it to the many out there who have not explored the option of shirt tailoring in Bangkok to proceed with this post on my experience with Boss Avenue tailors on Sukhumvit Soi 7 (Nana BTS).

1. You need to know what you are looking for: Daily wear shirts that survive the grind of day-in-day-out machine wash VS dress shirts that should be handwashed for the occasional cocktail parties or smart-casual events. Thus I made the 850Baht shirts knowing full well that it is the former that I am looking for; the daily shirts with a fair bit of fitting and trivial customisations (embriodery of initials, underside of cuff having flowery patterns etc). Though I must admit that the 1,000-1,250 range shirts are of a better quality, they didn't blow my mind away as most of the material were quite thick and didn't seem to make sense to me when the hot and humid season daunts upon us coming February.

2. Budget: Knowing what you are looking for definitely aids with the budgeting. Based on the first-time experience, it appeared that Boss Ave's got 3 tiers of pricing - the 850b, 1,000b and 1,250b shirts + free customisations (huge plus if you're a fan of fancy needlework). Initially quoted me 900 but that's on the assumption that i was making one piece. Economies of scale does help to bring the price down; so if you are not interested in making more than 2 pieces i think it wouldn't even make sense to put down tailoring as part of your holiday itinerary. Why? Will elaborate more in the next point.

3. Fitting it into your holiday itinerary: 3D2N is a must for tailoring unless you bring along with you from Singapore a sample piece for them to replicate. Day 1 choose fabric + take measurements, day 2 go for fitting, day 3 collection. If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts. For the uninitiated, fitting in Bangkok tailoring context means fine tuning the initial measurements taken from Day 1; for e.g. tightening the sides to give you the 'slim fit', adjusting sleeve length, ensuring the collar buttons are comfy when you button them up etc. Therefore i personally think its a hassle to slot some time into your itinerary when tailoring is one of your travel agendas; so if you're not making a couple more shirts then it's such a waste as it might mess up your schedule/plans because they open at 10.30am on weekdays and usually at that time you'd either want to be visiting the tourist attractions/heading to chaktuchat market/rushing down to platinum fashion mall or going to yaowahraj (chinatown).

4. Do your homework before you go: it helps alot knowing what you want. deciding if you want different cuff style, french cuff, buttons, types of collars, need for customisations etc. one of the bros in here put up a really useful picture showing the types of cuffs and collars. this can really help to speed up the decision-making process as all you need to do is brainstorm on your colour and design of the material which is pretty much 60-70% cotton and remaining polyester. it helped me decide so i think it should help you too. Of course they have catalogues and magazine-like books on the table, flip a couple of pages and hope to find the type of customisation you want - it's easier to point to a picture and say "i want this" than to try explaining with weird descriptions.

5. Caveat Emptor: For the first timers, do manage your expectations. Don't expect '100% egyptian cotton' when you're only paying 850b. Service is manageable and not pushy, but don't expect CYC-type attentiveness. Materials are okay, but don't expect them to be presented to you in a professional album-type format, all their cloth materials are rolled up and shoved in shelves (similar to what buying plastic book wraps by the rolls from popular bookstore). Good luck and travel safe!

Urban_11

Reaction score
i used to tailor-made my shirts and trousers in bkk with a group of friend , after reading this thread (as i'm going with my wife this time round) , i realised that there are many details we did not look into ,in the past , especially the part bro drixsome mentioned , "If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts."
learnt a few new tips from this thread ! i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !
Anyone btw know the cost of making a business suit there @ PINKY or CROWN ?
i've went thread all post and there isn't a exact indication here.

Inzaghi09

Reaction score
hi all... there are so many tailors mentioned here.. not sure which to choose from.. i'll be staying at baiyoke sky hotel.. any recommendations on which tailor is the nearest (and can be trusted, provides value for money) to the above mentioned hotel?

it will be my first trip to bkk and also the first time i'm going to tailor make my shirts..

Jordan Chang

Reaction score
I came back last week from my 2nd bkk trip this year. In Jan I was there to try out Pinky and Crown, I already wrote my feedback here on this forum. Well in between I have been asking around and a few of my friends actually tailored shirts at cheaper prices than the 2 highly recommended ones here. So this trip, I decided to try out different tailors

M1 Tailor at MBK shopping mall, 1st floor
The shelf price for shirts starts at 680THB (if I dont remember wrongly), most of the fabrics are priced at 1,100THB which are cheaper than the shirts that I made at Pinky/ Crown earlier this year (about 1,000 to 1,200).

The best part is you can bargain which I manage to get the most of the shirts to below 1,000 THB. The second thing the price is inclusive of all customisation e.g. double cuff/ inner lining etc. If I am not wrong, Crown does not charge from customisation and Pinky charge additional 100THB.

Althogether I made 4 shirts (3 x 950 + 1 x1300), all of them with different colour inner linings at the cuff and collar. The most expensive fabric (1300) was a white shirt which I really like the design and thickness of the fabric. I also made 2 pants at 1200 each, 1 was finest cashere and the other is 150's wool. (for pants, the fabric used is sewn into the insides of the back pocket).

New Asia Boutique, 2nd floor, Asia Hotel
I went there as my friend told me there is a tailor there that charges only 600THB (after bargain) per shirt and the price is supposely inclusive of customisation. But I could not find the tailor shop and ended up at this shop instead. The price here is 800THB per shirt and customisation is 100THB additional. However fabric is quite limited and I made only 2 shirts.

Overview
I think this being my 2nd time tailoring shirts I am more careful about what to look out for and I am able to tell them more precisely on what I want. I had 2 fittings at both tailors and collected only on the fourth day. At New Asia, the first fitting was way too loose and he had to take about 1.5 inches off each on my left and right side. You might want to emphasis that you want SLIM FIT to the guy at New Asia.

Overall the fabric looks comparable to the ones I made at Pinky and Crown (i did not check ??? cotton). They are soft and does not seem to crumble easily. Anyways, my plans for now is to wait till New Year before I start to wear them. I have too many shirts for now. Until then, if there is any issue, I will post here again

Personally I like the M1 tailor as it is at MBK; usually when I am in BKK, I tend to visit MBK and the shopping area around a few times for food/ shopping etc. The location for Crown and Pinky on the other hand is abit out of place for me and if I do visit, it would be specifically for tailoring only (wasting time in my holiday traveling to and from tailor).

This trip 0 shirts/ pants from Pinky/ Crown. But overally I really feel that I spent alot less time commuting between the tailors and my intended destination.

Happy shopping bro and sis
so, have you found any faults with the shirts from M1?

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
i used to tailor-made my shirts and trousers in bkk with a group of friend , after reading this thread (as i'm going with my wife this time round) , i realised that there are many details we did not look into ,in the past , especially the part bro drixsome mentioned , "If you fail to go for fitting because you cannot slot it into your schedule, you are no better than buying your shirts off the rack @ Robinsons during Xmas sale. You have to make time for fitting because thats the whole idea behind tailored shirts."
learnt a few new tips from this thread ! i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !
Anyone btw know the cost of making a business suit there @ PINKY or CROWN ?
i've went thread all post and there isn't a exact indication here.

admit it. you're just plain lazy and want to be spoon fed.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=41165087&postcount=43
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=41165217&postcount=45

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm travelling there mid of Jan 2011,hopefully it will be rewarding that i can share a few more tips with u guys here !

cool I am travelling mid jan as well....masybe we go hunting for few hr and maybe more quantity=more discount:s12:

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
cool I am travelling mid jan as well....masybe we go hunting for few hr and maybe more quantity=more discount:s12:

i'll be there from 8th-12th, but only available for 8-9th since after that will have official duties to attend to. pm me if anyone is there and would like to go tailoring together.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'll be there from 8th-12th, but only available for 8-9th since after that will have official duties to attend to. pm me if anyone is there and would like to go tailoring together.

I am travelling a wk later....my frd just recommned me MEN EX at mbk asnd price he mention to me seem super cheap shirt from 30-40 sgd
maybe i pop over to see see

happy shopping and maybe can see ur review b4 I set off to make shirt/pants

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
I am travelling a wk later....my frd just recommned me MEN EX at mbk asnd price he mention to me seem super cheap shirt from 30-40 sgd
maybe i pop over to see see

happy shopping and maybe can see ur review b4 I set off to make shirt/pants

i'm probably not going to try a new tailor since I don't think I have the time to do fittings after Sun. But who knows. I am keen on Narin, esp a jacket, but there's simply not enough time. Narin is quite insistent on proper fittings.

I might try Nickerman. See how things pan out. I'm more interested this time to make cheap shirts for daily wear. General budget is 800b, maybe 1000b for better designs. So likely to head back to Boss Avenue. Worst workmanship amongst Pinky, Crown, Rajawongse that I've tried so far, but I would say their eagerness to please and the price point make up for cheaper daily wear shirts. Despite fray threads and less than straight sewings, they still fit and look better than similar priced rack clothes. Minor issues not apparent from normal social distance.

If I see another tailor in the range of 800b I might give them a try just to have 1 more source of cheap tailor. I'll to see if I can get Boss to do 5 for 3500B or 6 for 4000 (knock off from 850b/ea). :p

lampard89

Reaction score
first time going bkk, first time trying tailoring, stay above mbk at princess,
any good tailor around the area to recommend?
And what details to look out for for first timer in making shirts and pants?

I have browse thru' the forum seems like the range is about 800-1200 THB for shirt
how about pants?

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
first time going bkk, first time trying tailoring, stay above mbk at princess,
any good tailor around the area to recommend?
And what details to look out for for first timer in making shirts and pants?

I have browse thru' the forum seems like the range is about 800-1200 THB for shirt
how about pants?

Shirt range (pre-discount) goes from 850-2500b. Most of the more recommended ones have 1000/1200/1500/1800/2000b ranges.

Pants so far I only made @ Pinky's (1500/1800b can't remember exactly).

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shirt range (pre-discount) goes from 850-2500b. Most of the more recommended ones have 1000/1200/1500/1800/2000b ranges.

Pants so far I only made @ Pinky's (1500/1800b can't remember exactly).

my experience for pant making is better bring a pant for them to replicate...just ask them alter a bit esp waist part as we grow older 6 packs become 1 pack :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.