Newcastle United (St. James' Park) - Toontalk - Part 2

kraze

Master Member
Reaction score
Newcastle United - Toontalk

newcastle supporters come in to support and post your views and predictions.

was a newcastle fan
still am a newcastle fan
will always be a newcastle fan

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Magpies seal Ben Arfa deal
January 5, 2011

* Email
* Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Newcastle United have announced the permanent signing of France international Hatem Ben Arfa, who impressed during the early stages of a loan spell from Marseille before succumbing to serious injury.

hatembenarfa20100918home_275x155.jpg

Hatem Ben Arfa scored a stunning goal against Everton prior to his injury
GettyImagesHatem Ben Arfa scored a stunning goal against Everton prior to his injury

• Pardew confirms Ben Arfa plan
• On The Move: Live transfer blog

Ben Arfa, 23, suffered a leg break in October following a challenge from Manchester City's Nigel De Jong but Newcastle have kept faith with the midfielder and he has now signed a contract until June 2015.

His recovery is progressing well and Ben Arfa, who started his career at Lyon before an €11 million move to Marseille in 2008, will make his return to first-team action as a permanent member of the Newcastle playing staff.

"I am absolutely delighted to be signing for Newcastle United on a permanent basis," Ben Arfa told the club's official website. "During my short time at the club, I thoroughly enjoyed playing for the team and for the supporters too. This is a great club and I am very happy to be committing my future to them.

"I am getting back to fitness as quickly as I can and am really looking forward to getting back to St. James' Park, seeing the lads again and of course working with Alan Pardew and his staff. During my time out, I have been inundated with messages of support from fans and I want to repay them all with good performances on the pitch later this season."

Pardew said: "When I came to the club last month, one of my priorities was to secure Hatem on a permanent deal. The last thing I wanted was for us to lose him when his loan ended so we're really pleased to have agreed that deal today.

"He's obviously a top player and he's shown that in France, at international level and in his short time here at Newcastle. I'm delighted to secure Hatem as my first signing and once he's back fit, I have no doubt he'll confirm just what a superb player he is."

It is also reported on Wednesday that Newcastle have rejected an approach from Tottenham for their top-scorer Andy Carroll.

sweet.. deal is done~:)

side note... spurs... wtf?:s16:

Last edited:

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
newcastle supporters come in to support and post your views and predictions.

was a newcastle fan
still am a newcastle fan
will always be a newcastle fan

seriously kraze...how u manage to always be the first poster for NUFC thread? Part I and now Part II despite not being a frequent poster? :s13:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ben Arfa will give Jonas a wake up call. Arfa will play on the left, Barton on the right

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
that or on either wings. imagine jonas and ben arfa able to switch flanks at ease. jonas with his direct running style and ben arfa with his tricks, the full backs gonna be damn sian. :s13:

Jonas sld take a break. He hasn't been playing well in the last few match.

o0SpaceY0o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why closed the old thread??? any way 5-0..walking in pardew wonderland...lol

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5-0! What a pleasant surprise when i woke up in the morning.... another surprise when its Leon Best who scored a hat trick! Looks like he wants to prove sth to Pardew :D

SecretZone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously kraze...how u manage to always be the first poster for NUFC thread? Part I and now Part II despite not being a frequent poster? :s13:

if u haven notice, this is done by the HWZ admin. the close off all the old long threads in the whole forum and make a new one with the original TS as the new TS also ..

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
why closed the old thread??? any way 5-0..walking in pardew wonderland...lol

5-0! What a pleasant surprise when i woke up in the morning.... another surprise when its Leon Best who scored a hat trick! Looks like he wants to prove sth to Pardew :D

ok la...not exactly godlike. good performance, but its west ham...do 5-0 to man utd then i'll acknowledge pardew as 1/2 the manager SBR was.

the only thing that impressed me the most is that we didn't get any yellow cards.

i think that is a bigger achievement than the 5 goal margin.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
if u haven notice, this is done by the HWZ admin. the close off all the old long threads in the whole forum and make a new one with the original TS as the new TS also ..

oic...lol..coz i saw the timing of the post and i thought its him again.

Jordi88

Reaction score
good goals. It shows there are Championship players who can do well in the Premier league. Best, to be frank has been out with injury for so long and as he mentioned to Pardew since knocking on his doors for 2 weeks, he hasn't got an opportunity. He shows it. His finishing was classic and good and his touches is better than Ameobi for sure.

I also feel Lovendrank works intelligently well as a second striker and our play has become so much more creative with him around the big guy. (rather than the 1 pump direct ball at Carrol) He creates chances and do the poaching. And he cost so much less than M.Owen.

I always feel Lovendrank did not get a chance with CH in the Premier league and the last 2 matches that we won, we created so many chances up front. He had a hand in almost all the goals we score so far. Even Amoebi goal against Wigan, he had a important hand in all. He also works hard to close the defenders down.

Last season at the Championship, he score as much as Carrol. So i think as long as he works hard, we have a chance to win. Esp if he pairs up with Carrol.

Overall it was a pleasant surprise 5-0. i didn't expect the scoreline.
Under Pardew, we are playing very positive football. May it continues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.