Bangkok Trip - Part 1

sue88

Reaction score
Bangkok Trip

Just got back from Bangkok trip during the weekend, brought back quite a couple of hotel info from their local papers. Most of these places are not in shopping area, but I'll just share the links here for info. Note that I've not stayed in any of these hotels before so I cannot vouch for the hotel service.
------------------------
Many things has changed since this thread first created. I will just update some useful links for bkk travellers to refer to.

Travel Ideas
Bkk map

Tourism Thailand (SG)
Travel ideas by Thai Airways
DIY tours (by Thai Airways)
Explore Bkk by BTS (BTS)
Explore Bkk by BTS (travelfish.org)
Bangkok Guidebook

Exchange Info
bank exchange rates
Super Rich (Green+white logo)
Super Rich 1965 (Green+orange logo) (Change at head office near big C to get best rate)

Transport Info
BKK airport
Bkk subway/MRTA
BTS

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is the cheapest airline to go with during CNY?

lampard89

Reaction score
hi, i am going over to BKK soon,
can anyone advice me on which SIM card to purchase to call back Singapore?
And where to purchase them?

marts_8

Reaction score
Hi sue88! regards to the message pasted below (which came from the old thread) what i was refer to was the extension of hours to 0230.

"The airport link info was posted here half a month ago...

You read it here first on HWZ

View Post dlrowehtleah wrote:

& d baggage check-in service @ Makkasan will begin service on 4th Jan 2011.

View Post sue88 wrote:

Just to highlight that the airport link will revert the prices back to normal rate from Jan 1st. The normal rate for city line will cost between 15 to 45 baht(now promo cost 15baht) and express line will cost 150 baht (now promo cost 100baht). "

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i am going over to BKK soon,
can anyone advice me on which SIM card to purchase to call back Singapore?
And where to purchase them?

buy true move, the others charged like 5 bahts per min. truemove charge 1 baht / min

sue88

Reaction score
Hi,

I checked thru various sites and couldn't seem to find any news on the extension of hours. Even official site mentioned up to midnight here

Thanks to you, I found something interesting...

There is a shuttle bus service that runs between Makkasan to hotels and it costs 100 baht per person. Obviously it is cost effective only for lone travellers. Here is the details. It would be nice to get feedback from anyone who have tried this service.

btw, the downtown check-in right now is only for passengers flying Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways.

Hi sue88! regards to the message pasted below (which came from the old thread) what i was refer to was the extension of hours to 0230.

"The airport link info was posted here half a month ago...

You read it here first on HWZ

View Post dlrowehtleah wrote:

& d baggage check-in service @ Makkasan will begin service on 4th Jan 2011.

View Post sue88 wrote:

Just to highlight that the airport link will revert the prices back to normal rate from Jan 1st. The normal rate for city line will cost between 15 to 45 baht(now promo cost 15baht) and express line will cost 150 baht (now promo cost 100baht). "

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be booking a hotel at Novotel soon..any places of interest near there? How do I get to the diff shopping places(eg siam paragon etc etc) from the hotel?

Prometheus2

Reaction score
The best would be to use googlemaps, and look for routes, to see if its walkable or if there is public transport. Avoid getting limos from hotels, their expensive.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember if you need to take a taxi. use only those in pink color. Many taxi play trick on the meter.

satyavirya

Reaction score
Hi, planning to go Bangkok in March, I've browsed for hotel reviews, but as I read, I become more confused. Anyone can recommend me a good value hotel? Is S$70-110 per room budget good enough? Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, planning to go Bangkok in March, I've browsed for hotel reviews, but as I read, I become more confused. Anyone can recommend me a good value hotel? Is S$70-110 per room budget good enough? Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
what the purpose of ur trip? how many ppl? gal or guy?

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
will be heading there soon since 3 yrs of absence, will be staying near NANA station, BBK regulars, any recommendations/tips?

I have a few qns.

1. is wifi easily available there?

2. we can take their mrt from airport to town directly?

3. last trip i dine at one of those ma ma noodle shop tt serves god tom yam and pineapple rice with fried chicken wings, are they easily available there?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.