Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Core2max

Reaction score
Just want to update:

After replacing old aircon with the inverter version, I am very surprised!
Now there is no more vibration/humming sound... so far very happy with the set.

Cheers!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Ha ha your feeling now is same with me few months ago,
I'm replaced my old non-inverter Air cond, after using inverter type I just knew the air quality and quiet and comfortable.

Core2max

Reaction score
Yeah Bro!

Hopefully can save from the electricity bill...

If every month can save $50, so yearly I can save $600.
In about 5 years I can get my aircon investment back! hehe...

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Just tried for 2 days... using the aircon at 23 degree really have no sound anymore from the trunking but the trunking is still WET though......

Going to call them again..

I really got bad luck.. today another new error appeared on my LG wall unit. Error code CH02. Cannot even start the wall unit .... sigh.. got to call them for repair.. 6 months and dun know come my place like so many times already :(

Wrote a long complaint letter to LG and Gain City but got no response (expected lah :s12:)

Update: Must admit quite impressed.. called up GC in the morning and less than 1 hour later, LG called to said they coming today. Came at 2 pm and then replaced (yet another) sensor in the wall unit. Said that a particular batch of air cons made in Korea (during a harsh winter) had some problems with sensor.. so hence my issue... oh well. just my luck

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Yeah Bro!

Hopefully can save from the electricity bill...

If every month can save $50, so yearly I can save $600.
In about 5 years I can get my aircon investment back! hehe...

I am saving like 300 kwH every month by changing to inverter.
At current rate of around 25c, that means I'm saving 75 bucks every month.. hurray!

5341187173_c0eda5316f_o.jpg

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Actually I'm saving close to 400 kWh or around 100 bucks every month ....
Did my math wrong on first reply :s13:

I am saving like 300 kwH every month by changing to inverter.
At current rate of around 25c, that means I'm saving 75 bucks every month.. hurray!

5341187173_c0eda5316f_o.jpg

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Here I have some formula to calculate of monthly usage 8 per/hr x 30days.
Non-inverter Aircon system 3, power input watt : 1.935kw x 8 x 30 = 464.4 X 0.25cent per/kw = $116.10
inverter system 3 power input watt : 1.9Kw of Part load equal to 70% saving = 0.63kw x 8 x 30 = 151.2kw X 0.25 = $37.80 per months can be up to $78.30 per/mths so much diff. From non-inverter for 8 hrs per days usage.

So the Chinese new year is coming soon,
can be have much more pocket money to buy new year thing.
Ha ha.

Core2max

Reaction score
Here I have some formula to calculate of monthly usage 8 per/hr x 30days.
Non-inverter Aircon system 3, power input watt : 1.935kw x 8 x 30 = 464.4 X 0.25cent per/kw = $116.10
inverter system 3 power input watt : 1.9Kw of Part load equal to 70% saving = 0.63kw x 8 x 30 = 151.2kw X 0.25 = $37.80 per months can be up to $78.30 per/mths so much diff. From non-inverter for 8 hrs per days usage.

Last time I saw aircon ads in the newspaper, from non-inverter to inverter 4 ticks can save about $800/year.

So average can save $66.67 per month.

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi currently my flat has system 5 (which has broken down) need to get a new system. But as this is rental flat, don't intend to pay for high end aircon. Something reliable and good would do. Would appreciate if the bros here can recommend me a system and where to get it? Was thinking of going to Gain City, but read some adverse reviews. How's CoolServe?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, brother
Looks like your flat is rental unit, so how bout replace the 2nd. hand compressor or just repair it for your saving money to get a brand new set.
If the house owner once to take back the flat then you have to ask air cond contractor and take out whole unit.
That for normal ppl has facing it before.

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, brother
Looks like your flat is rental unit, so how bout replace the 2nd. hand compressor or just repair it for your saving money to get a brand new set.
If the house owner once to take back the flat then you have to ask air cond contractor and take out whole unit.
That for normal ppl has facing it before.

Actually it's my house and i'm renting. Heard not worth repairing compressor. This is like second time i broke down. So thought get a new one once and for all.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Oic ha ha that's fine.

Sure can be getting the new one.
Can be go for inverter type, if the rental operates long hours you also didn't feel too worry about The electricity.

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Oic ha ha that's fine.

Sure can be getting the new one.
Can be go for inverter type, if the rental operates long hours you also didn't feel too worry about The electricity.

ok any recommendations? what brand and what model? Should i get from Gain City? Heard some bad reviews.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
ok any recommendations? what brand and what model? Should i get from Gain City? Heard some bad reviews.
Can be try at coolserve.
Model for system 3 or 4 can go for Mitsubishi starmex inverter.
system 3 - 10x3 (3A28VA)
system 4 - 10x3+18 (4A28VA)
system 4 - 10x3+24 or 26 (4A38VA)

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Can be try at coolserve.
Model for system 3 or 4 can go for Mitsubishi starmex inverter.
system 3 - 10x3 (3A28VA)
system 4 - 10x3+18 (4A28VA)
system 4 - 10x3+24 or 26 (4A38VA)

Hi Kimsim,

Yup i had already called coolserve, but one downside is that they do not accept credit card payment/instalment.

Hence thinking of getting from Gain City etc.

In your opinion, not recommended?

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Actually, thouse Installment plan has priced in 5% to pay bank.
so, you are actually paying more to do installment stuff..
my view: not worth it..

Hi Kimsim,

Yup i had already called coolserve, but one downside is that they do not accept credit card payment/instalment.

Hence thinking of getting from Gain City etc.

In your opinion, not recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.