Great Movies You Probably Missed. (Updating List)

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
nice list!!

but its a long long time since i hit the cinemas

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
just finished my Lost in Translation last evening... and rewatched it just now...

absolutely a very very good movie.. together with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to tie for my number one movie of all time..

good thing is my Eternal Sunshine blu-ray is coming next month... so excited~:o

alot of ppl missed LiT right? or is it jus me?:crazy:

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice list, lots of nice serious movies, should include some humor ones.

:s13:

I always thought comedies very popular in SG mah.

Anyway, those Guy Ritchie films are pretty funny also. Like Snatch & Lock Stock. I also have Easy A on the list.

Actually I go through the list, there's quite a few that are humourous. You just need to watch them. Most of them just contain very smart dialogues.

Last edited:

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn you Xanthos! How on earth am I supposed to get any work done on weekends with so many options suddenly? :mad:

While I watched many of the shows on your list, some of them I've dismissed based on the typical synopsis or uninspiring movie titles. But reading your comments, I think I'm going to give them a shot :D

TehNooB

Master Member
Reaction score
dude think i got similar taste as you.

most of my friends goes 'meh' on Book of Eli, 12 Monkeys and American History X. but i think they are great show too!

gonna check out the rest of movies you intro-ed ;)

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i would say My Sassy Gal is 1 of my fav movies but i think is not the same type as yours

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
oh yah jus to add.. about Memento.. its a nice and clever movie... but it's not for everyone

but still.. it's those one of its kind movie..

i am getting dark city next~:o

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
i actually didnt know there is a movie version of John Grisham's The Firm, till i stumbled into your thread. and im a huge Grisham fan.

nice list btw.

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pls consider adding the following:

taxi driver
raging bull
fracture
brokeback mountain
monster's ball
donnie darko

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would say My Sassy Gal is 1 of my fav movies but i think is not the same type as yours

It's a list of missed movies, i.e. movies that people in SG didn't think was any good or couldn't watch at all, or damn old. So the very hyped, well marketed and popular shows shouldn't be in his list :D

Cloudsky

Reaction score
Battleship Potemkin

Ivan The Terrible Part 1 & 2

Aguirre The Wrath of God

The 400 blows

8 1/2

The Seventh Seal

The Wild Bunch

The Searchers

The Third Man

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Twin Peaks (the tv show)

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bookmark for future movie ref...

have watched a few movies in your list b4 too..

Battleship Potemkin

The Seventh Seal

this 2 shows, beri old riaos...lol chiu took film class eh?

Last edited:

TsukasaX87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13:

I always thought comedies very popular in SG mah.

Anyway, those Guy Ritchie films are pretty funny also. Like Snatch & Lock Stock. I also have Easy A on the list.

Actually I go through the list, there's quite a few that are humourous. You just need to watch them. Most of them just contain very smart dialogues.

Watch this movie called Euro trip, a little too corny but its still quite a nice lighthearted movie with some sexual tones, a little like american pie.

Xanthos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you guys read the 2nd post, this list has been around since 2009 in HWZ. just another subforum. I'm always updating it.

Sometimes I update a film and get blasted. So far I've only removed one film that I added because the whole world is telling me how crappy that film is even though I liked it.

Anyway, I've already seen some recommendations that I've never watch before. I will try them when I'm free, but don't bet on it. In my old thread, I have like millions of recommendations from other users and I'm not even halfway through them yet.

Anyway, this is the original thread. I choose to hide it at page 4 because I don't wanna link it directly to those people there.

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2397262

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just finish reading The Girl Who Played with Fire. I told myself I will not watch the films until I finish reading all 3 books leh. :s13:

Anyway, the novels are fantastic. If you love the movies you should read them!

Wah kao, I totally loved Hard Candy. :(:(:(
Really?! I've been searching high and low for the novels.
I liked the movies very much and I feel it's a shame that not many actually know about it.

On a side note, seems like Hollywood is planning to do a remake, with Daniel Craig as the reporter. Have no idea who is gonna be Lizbeth though..somehow, I feel that they're just gonna muck it all up.

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dude think i got similar taste as you.

most of my friends goes 'meh' on Book of Eli, 12 Monkeys and American History X. but i think they are great show too!

gonna check out the rest of movies you intro-ed ;)
American History X was awesome. Edward Norton's acting in that film was off the charts.
I still think it's one of his best works. Especially loved it when he came running out of the house. That slow mo shot was epic..it was like the Devil just walked in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.