ChiangMai

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like there is not much thread on ChiangMai, planning to go there.
Can people have been there provide some information?
Like do they have bike for rental like phuket?
What are the shopping areas?
And Etc and etc, thks :)

padre

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, u got recommended hotel in bkk ? I'm going in Mar :D

galacticnick

Reaction score
i like chiang mai and i've been there three times. notable attractions include sunday walking street at thapae gate (every sunday afternoon and evening, several streets near thapae gate would turn into a mega handicraft cum street food bazaar. don't bother with the mediocre daily night bazaar where mostly slogan tees and fake branded goods are sold.), doi suthep (far more impressive than the grand palace in bangkok, imho) and wat chedi luang (magnificent temple ruin in the old city). if you want to be close to nature, you can always sign up for a 2d1n or 3d2n trekking expedition ('camping' overnight near a hill tribe, elephant riding, river rafting, swimming in a waterfall, etc.). it was fun.

fredriv1929

Reaction score
I had the opportunity for a summer attachment to Chiangmai University back in my Uni days 5 years ago. There's plenty to do over there :)

There's this university night bazzar with good shopping (for gals esp) and cheap tasty food opposite the university gate (near the zoo and doi suthep mountain), along huay kaew road. There's also alot of clubbing at Nimmana Haeminda road. A very 'bohemia' type of area to chillax and people watch :p

You could also take day trips to the several national parks around. Like Doi Inathanon, Mae Tia watefalls. Best is if comfortable, rent a bike around, or a car to take you further places like the national parks i mentioned. Or even to other provinces. Drove to Pai before, a 'bohemia' town popular with local and foreign tourists. But the drive is not for the faint hearted, alot of sharp curves. around 3hours drive away. Basically just take your time in chiangmai, don't rush around and slowly absorb the place. Then you can appreciate the beauty of it :)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which reputable agency which i can signup for day trips in Chiang Mai?

Els_Ang

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am visiting Chiang Mai in July. 1st time visit there.

Anyone has recommendations for Drivers?

Thanks in Advance for all recommendations. :)

applefreak

Reaction score
i would recommend going to the elephant nature park
it's a park for rescued elephants
no elephant riding, but you get to feed and bath the elephants

another place, for the adventurous, will be the big cat park (can't remember the name)
when you can get up close, under supervision, with lion cubs and tigers

vogriphach

Reaction score
One thing I realize about Chiang Mai is that although Thailand is very popular among tourists from Singapore, most of the topics in this forums is about Bangkok and some on Phuket/Krabi.

I went to Chiang Mai a few months ago and posted about my trip in my blog. It's a very pleasant city. Tranquil and laidback. Nice place to unwind and good alternative to beach destinations.

Taking the Slow Lane in Chiang Mai | I Wander

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.