EDMW Knife Collectors

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros

Am thinking of getting this item from Caesers. Think it costs about $300.

EgX6.jpg

What do you all think? Is it worth it?

IMHO, if you are really into collecting as memorabilia, the original poster has more value.. I have a friend who collects them and the price for a sealed one is :s22: and insured somemore. the knife is more of just props

kaapuii

Reaction score
Hi Viix,

I am not experienced in buying knives online. Looking at this thread some of the guys said so long as it is not be more than 6 inches, then it would be quite alright. The 6 inches refers to blade length or whole folder knife?

How about neck knives with blade of 2 inches?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Viix,

I am not experienced in buying knives online. Looking at this thread some of the guys said so long as it is not be more than 6 inches, then it would be quite alright. The 6 inches refers to blade length or whole folder knife?

How about neck knives with blade of 2 inches?

the 6 inch is blade length, not overall length.

You can buy longer than 6 inch, but under 6 inch it might still be required for the package to be checked by ICA. Anything more than 6 inch will require you to go A&E and fill out some forms.

Neck knife is no problem as long as it's not double edge, not a throwing knives or some ninja stars.

Buying online, most stores require you to be 18 & above.

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
That's a very good and challenging question.... It was sure f***ing troublesome for my karambit to get through. They probably know an emerson karambit is a collection item i guess, so they let it through. Maybe they did a background check on me? Maybe i've brought in alot of knives and have no criminal record? Seriously i don't know. But my mantis karambit and emerson karambit got thru.
Aiya.. sheares i also dunno what they talking about. They say swords brought in must be blunt but u go plaza sing and u see all sharp swords.

kaapuii

Reaction score

You can buy longer than 6 inch, but under 6 inch it might still be required for the package to be checked by ICA. Anything more than 6 inch will require you to go A&E and fill out some forms.

Neck knife is no problem as long as it's not double edge, not a throwing knives or some ninja stars.

Thanks for advise Viix. Appreciate it.
Think I get alot more info in need here than going to some dumb shop or ask around.
By the way...I am considered Uncle liao...So surely more than 18. Hahaha...

kaapuii

Reaction score
That's a very good and challenging question.... It was sure f***ing troublesome for my karambit to get through. They probably know an emerson karambit is a collection item i guess, so they let it through. Maybe they did a background check on me? Maybe i've brought in alot of knives and have no criminal record? Seriously i don't know. But my mantis karambit and emerson karambit got thru.
Aiya.. sheares i also dunno what they talking about. They say swords brought in must be blunt but u go plaza sing and u see all sharp swords.

Thanks Frozenboiboi. Get what u mean. Anyway, natural for them to say such things to protect their own self interest. Cos if everyone buy online...they will have no business. Don't mind buying from them...but the prices are a little too far off for me.

And judging from all your experiences posted on this thread, I guess it's ok to buy online so long as it is within the "guidelines".

alantcy

Reaction score

I'll like to add that even blade lengths that are under 6 inches ARE also susceptible to ICA checks.
Recently had one folder sent to me which had an ICA stamp on it.

kaapuii

Reaction score
I'll like to add that even blade lengths that are under 6 inches ARE also susceptible to ICA checks.
Recently had one folder sent to me which had an ICA stamp on it.

U mean they open ur parcel to check, but still sent the package directly to your house?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.