calmex Abalone

NICKWEE

Reaction score
was at the Shi Ma lu (queen st) shop, they are all selling the original package calmex at $125. anyone know which other super market sell it at a lower price ?

hi, cold storage in town r selling at $88.80, my aunty bought a few there, i was at woodlands yesterday night also left 12 tins, all at $88.80....:s12:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, cold storage in town r selling at $88.80, my aunty bought a few there, i was at woodlands yesterday night also left 12 tins, all at $88.80....:s12:

Is your can of abalone looks like this?
292-hz6evu_l.jpg

if not, then is no calmex. :D

If your Aunt bought something like below:
abalone-620%281%29.jpg

It is not calmex, it is California Mexico - short for "Mexi-cal".
Both brand having similar species of abalone caught wild off baja california. I know cause I bought 1 Mexi-cal myself at cold storage too at 88.80. Its not the original calmex but said to have same great taste and quality as calmex.

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Calmex got black can? What's the diff?

$68 for NZ abalone sounds ex. So what's with the XL abalone? It's almost twice the price of normal NZ abalone.

This one can redeem for free if you spend $1688 with OCBC credit card. :o

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
So how much is one can of calmex? And where can I get it? It seems supermarts like cold storage and NTUC don't really carry it according to replies here.

Initially wanted to give 2 to my gf's parents but one can if 100+ is already so ex I think I just give 1 can la..

Has anyone triled the calmex and Mexi-cal abalone? Can share what;s the difference in terms of price and taste/quality?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Original calmex can stil be found in "Dried Food Market" ard victoria st or bencoolen st.

Taste between both as the food blogger, Dr LEslis Tay, he comment, not much of any diff. Both quite like the same.

Remember, Mexi-Cal is endorsed by world renowned food critic "Cai Lan".

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
guess, i can only get it in the si ma lu for the original calmex one...

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just hoot 12 cans of original calmex....going to open in 2 weeks time....

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
1 abalone per can is most exp. Largest and huge enough to weigh at 255gm. If smaller abalone (cheaper) will need 1.5 or 2 to achieve 255gm roughly 0.5 斤

Last edited:

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a quick check, anyone know which shops in chinatown or that area still carry the original calmex? Looking to buy 2 cans for gf family. and if possible let me know the price as well.

thanks

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Ask ard in larger medicinal herb shop in CT. Pricing is ~$130 per can

kkevinn6

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick check, anyone know which shops in chinatown or that area still carry the original calmex? Looking to buy 2 cans for gf family. and if possible let me know the price as well.

thanks

pasir panjang wholesale center have. a shop at the block opposite the foodcourt

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your can of abalone looks like this?
If your Aunt bought something like below:
abalone-620%281%29.jpg

It is not calmex, it is California Mexico - short for "Mexi-cal".
Both brand having similar species of abalone caught wild off baja california. I know cause I bought 1 Mexi-cal myself at cold storage too at 88.80. Its not the original calmex but said to have same great taste and quality as calmex.
this brand is from new moon also ^

kypay

Reaction score
Inform me if there is MO for the real Calmex abalone.

How to know if this is fake Calmex?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.