Emerson Cqc 13
Emerson Karambit
Sog seal pup elite
Spyderco Delica with wave
Spyderco Endura with wave
Spyderco Manix 2
Spyderco Warrior
Zero Tolerance 0350

Wah impressive leh your collection. All quite expensive leh. Good Stuff!!
I havn't reach this level yet. Now I still collecting the cheap cheap folders.

Wa...Large espada and a warrior. u like big blades don't you?aha

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Yea i like big blades. And since small knives are meant to be carried around but u cant do that in singapore, might as well get big ones.
Initially when i collected knives, i was crazy over assisted knives. But after awhile, i realized that i'm missing out on many other great non-assisted knives such as Spyderco and Emerson

slayergut

Reaction score
Yea i like big blades. And since small knives are meant to be carried around but u cant do that in singapore, might as well get big ones.
Initially when i collected knives, i was crazy over assisted knives. But after awhile, i realized that i'm missing out on many other great non-assisted knives such as Spyderco and Emerson

Can carry :) just have a good reason.haha.
I used to carry my SS dragonfly, till i lost it.
Now i carry a benchmade 530. a little big, but very very slim and incredibly light.
Now seeing the Sanrenmus surfacing, they look very cheap but with decent quality, maybe get a few to carry or abuse.

gasgasx

Reaction score
Got so many knives... lazy to post pics. These are all the knives i got:

Almar Sere 2000
Benchmade 585
Coldsteel True flight thrower
Coldsteel Recon tanto
Coldsteel Recon tanto sanmai
Coldsteel Espada large
Emerson Cqc 7
Emerson Cqc 11
Emerson Cqc 13
Emerson Karambit
Sog seal pup elite
Spyderco Delica with wave
Spyderco Endura with wave
Spyderco Manix 2
Spyderco Warrior
Zero Tolerance 0350

Lol.. assisted knife up to the police to decide. They say ok then ok, no then no lor. Assisted knife huh, u go caesars and try it. There's no limit no the number of knives u can buy anyway. For me, the thing that's limiting me is my money. No more $$ liao!

yo bro, does your zero tolerance knife comes with speed safe feature? wanted to order it but scared kenna confiscated

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
What good reasons will they accept =x Although i do carry my emerson cqc7 around. Lol.
Yeah my 0530 is assisted. Bought it early last year.
Btw, anyone interested in Manix2 or Mantis karambit?

kaapuii

Reaction score
Nice! Wanted to get the seamless wake but the scrapyard preorder sold out pretty fast!

But dono can past out customs or not. Plus it's not cheap leh. If kanna cheong gong by AEP really heart pain man.

But I am very impressed with the blade.

kaapuii

Reaction score
By the way, does anyone of you buy Blade Magazine?

I bought one recently and found that it really gives alot of info, esp for Knife Fanatics. Learned quite a fair bit from it too, esp for newbie like me.
About $10 and quite worth it.

slayergut

Reaction score
What good reasons will they accept =x Although i do carry my emerson cqc7 around. Lol.
Yeah my 0530 is assisted. Bought it early last year.
Btw, anyone interested in Manix2 or Mantis karambit?

Engineering student.always need to do alot of modelling (building,not posing for photos). Haha so a small blade is ok for me i guess.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
But dono can past out customs or not. Plus it's not cheap leh. If kanna cheong gong by AEP really heart pain man.

But I am very impressed with the blade.

Just email to A&E and show a link to the item lor,
they reply pretty fast.. Last time wanted the swamprat waki but their preorder sells out pretty fast!

OK, saw the scrapyard version on the comp instead of the iphone, don't really like the handle. still prefer the swamprat's..

By the way, does anyone of you buy Blade Magazine?

I bought one recently and found that it really gives alot of info, esp for Knife Fanatics. Learned quite a fair bit from it too, esp for newbie like me.
About $10 and quite worth it.

Mostly read the pdf online here and there, don't really follow.. where did you get your copy from? Kino?

Last edited:

kaapuii

Reaction score
Just email to A&E and show a link to the item lor,
they reply pretty fast.. Last time wanted the swamprat waki but their preorder sells out pretty fast!

OK, saw the scrapyard version on the comp instead of the iphone, don't really like the handle. still prefer the swamprat's..

Mostly read the pdf online here and there, don't really follow.. where did you get your copy from? Kino?

Ya. I got it from Kino at Taka. There's another one called Knives. That one not so good. Blade magazine is better.

kaapuii

Reaction score
Haha go bladeforums and u'll learn more about knives than any magazines can tell u =D

Quite true.
But at times dono which tread to go mah. And the magazine give you all the good websites to look the knives that you may be interested.

But to me thus far the best is to ask you guys here lah. Helpful and willing to share experience.

kaapuii

Reaction score
By the way, have you all seen the Gerber Bear Grylls series.
Find it dam bladdy nice and cool.

http://bear.gerberuk.com/knives/ultimate-knife/

Feel like buying the whole set of fixed blade and folders. (total got 4)
But i think havn't come to S'pore yet lah.

Online also don't have at the moment. Think if buy from the shops here sure kanna overcharged man.

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
By the way, have you all seen the Gerber Bear Grylls series.
Find it dam bladdy nice and cool.

http://bear.gerberuk.com/knives/ultimate-knife/

Feel like buying the whole set of fixed blade and folders. (total got 4)
But i think havn't come to S'pore yet lah.

Online also don't have at the moment. Think if buy from the shops here sure kanna overcharged man.

Yup, it's fine as a set for people who never ever had a knife and a proper kit. But otherwise, this knife is just modified around the gerber prodigy.

I personally prefer a g10 handle and no serrations..

kaapuii

Reaction score
I saw it being in stock from a website just yesterday -.- Today bo stock liao.
The ultimate knife looks quite promising if you are not those hardcore users. If u have never owned a knife before, it'll be a good starter =)

Here u go
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790424&highlight=grylls

But yeah, to knife collectors like me, this knife looks like junk =/

Wah lau! Arr neh aw eh ah!! Lucky u gave the link man! After reading it...I think I wouldn't want to waste my money. Maybe I rather go for an LMF II in that case.
Other than that, what would you recommend? And about how much it will cost me?

Same for you Viix:

What would you recommend?

Thanks alot guys. Heng ah! Havn't really go buy.

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Wah lau! Arr neh aw eh ah!! Lucky u gave the link man! After reading it...I think I wouldn't want to waste my money. Maybe I rather go for an LMF II in that case.

Same for you Viix:

What would you recommend?

What kind of knife u want? I would recommend seal pup elite for GP.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score

Well, so far the ESEE-4 is the most reliable knife I've used in the field, and really holding up well. Alot of my NS mates got the seal pups but the blade geometry is really not practical for usage.

If you are rambo then probably it might be useful but I'm not and my experience with it has been disappointing.. It might be good as a fighter knife (i wouldn't know since I've never stab anything with it) but for greenwood or deadwood processing, simple is best. Well, the only except ion will be the khurki.

If you really wanna know which is the best knive to use, the machete or parang is honestly the best knife there is. It's the item my detachment will die die indent before outfield.. Even the bengkias use it.

What kind of knife u want? I would recommend seal pup elite for GP.

Ok, this I have to ask, why the Seal pup? All the gadget boys I know have one but they never use it so I wonder what's the appeal other than looking like a professional soldier on that SBO with a alicepack/black hawk 3day assualt pack on the back..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.