The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mini-Review for Glitz Saloon.

Had my haircut a couple of days ago with baby.
Sorry that I post a review up only after a few days, as I'm busy with work and stuffs.
Made an appointment with baby in the noon, went over to the saloon.
Their staffs are really friendly, thumb up for that.

Okay so basically, appointment means on time. But when I arrived in the saloon, I still got to wait for quite sometime before my turn for an haircut.
Kinda sucky actually but I guess it doesn't matter since I'm not rushing for time. And I think, for appointment the waiting time maybe for the stylist to prepare at most will be 15 mins?
Seems like I waited for like 45mins? Lol? So I guess, book appointment at 1PM, go at 2PM. Lol.
When I arrived at their saloon, I saw some of her customers with really ah-beng/punk hairstyles.
I find it ugly leh, seriously no offense to anyone here or to baby. But it don't really look nice and its weird too.
If you guys happened to see their guy's hairstyle at their Facebook, it look kinda like the same.

Now to haircut, I find baby's haircut not as good as mentioned in this forum.
The way she thinned out my hair is really horrible or should I say far too much, and some part of my hair length are imbalanced.
Sideburns and back really bad though, very messy & out of style. Maybe she could do much better job on the sideburns.
Overall, haircut pretty bad, hair too thinned out, uneven length & side burns messed up.

Staff-Service - Really good, real friendly and helpful. 9/10.
Haircut - Turned out quite bad. And it doesn't seems like what some forumers mentioned. 6/10.
Hairstylist "Baby" - Very friendly and chatty. A really nice person to chit-chat! But if you are a quiet person, you will find her annoying. 8/10.
Should I recommend peoples/friends? - If you don't mind uneven length, overly thinned out hair, waiting time, messy sideburns, ah-beng/punk hairstyles then maybe you can visit her.

Will I return? - Hmmmmm yes and no? I dunno.
Last but not least, haircut for guys @ $28 nett.
If you guys looking for arimino wax, they are selling them but price I never ask.
So bascially, its cut first, wash later then style.

Overall - 6.5/10

I'm a regular with maeda and tsuji, since they left Komachi it has been a problem for me to look for a hairstylist who can cut my hair well. :(

Last edited:

Gaylord

Reaction score
@gaylord LOL indestructible wax.i hate it leh,have to scratch my palm to remove the leftover wax and i realise everytime i use wax hor..if i sweat..my eye will pain,cannot open(not sure if it its related to wax)..

you know when someone hold joss stick infront of you,your eyes cannot open de,and will tear..ya that feeling >.<

YAH and i must really scrub hard with soap in order to wash it off after styling -.- but end up my hair still flat flat one. sibei sian.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry for double posting.... dunno why net crapped up.

Last edited:

Ryoshi

Master Member
Reaction score
Tsuji-san replied.

Her new salon will be only open officially around mid February.

:D

Last edited:

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
I think the Dust it mattifying powder must buy carefully and beware of the fakes.. saw one shop at katong selling hair product and other health product at below 20dollar.. dont dare to buy. scare later scalp got problem.. lol!

I got buy fake one before! From Gmarket, i think 5 dollars only!

Anyway I did a comparsion last time!
I will post it tmr!

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow didn't know that OSiS+ Dust It powder also got fakes ? I almost wanted to buy online via Gmarket etc as I saw the price was really cheap!

So where sells the cheapest original? It's quite a small bottle so if I'm using it almost daily, I suppose it'll last less than a month or so lol..

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm a regular with maeda and tsuji, since they left Komachi it has been a problem for me to look for a hairstylist who can cut my hair well. :(

no one has been able to give me a good cut since maeda left.

:(

neo1978

Reaction score
@LouisSaha.. Actually I also find her thinning way too much... later we spoke on the phone... I also told her abt it... other than that, everything's alright...

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tsuj-san replied.

Her new salon will be only open officially around mid February.

:D

Nice, please update me! Wanna go back to her... :D

no one has been able to give me a good cut since maeda left.

:(

Actually I had my haircut at Komachi for like 12-15times liao. Tried Ejima too, but I still preferred Tsuji leh maybe she know what I want. Maeda and Ejima is good too but Tsuji got what I wanted. So yah... lol

@LouisSaha.. Actually I also find her thinning way too much... later we spoke on the phone... I also told her abt it... other than that, everything's alright...

Thinning way too much is 1 thing, but uneven length and untidy sunburn is a disaster. Lol. I feel like going back to baby because I like her personality, haha chatty and friendly. But chat and doing haircut is big different. Lol.

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
Wow didn't know that OSiS+ Dust It powder also got fakes ? I almost wanted to buy online via Gmarket etc as I saw the price was really cheap!

So where sells the cheapest original? It's quite a small bottle so if I'm using it almost daily, I suppose it'll last less than a month or so lol..

Gmarket is fake for sure! Although it can work...

I think can last long than your wax... I just finished my wax but the powder i have yet to finish(i got the powder 2months before the wax)... I remember baby(when she was at flhair) told me one bottle can last for a few months for the saloon...

For me, I use 3-5 light dashes will do! Since you going to use wax after that...

I think going to the parkway shop to take a look... I got it for 28 dollars at saloon that time...

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
Nice, please update me! Wanna go back to her... :D

Actually I had my haircut at Komachi for like 12-15times liao. Tried Ejima too, but I still preferred Tsuji leh maybe she know what I want. Maeda and Ejima is good too but Tsuji got what I wanted. So yah... lol

Thinning way too much is 1 thing, but uneven length and untidy sunburn is a disaster. Lol. I feel like going back to baby because I like her personality, haha chatty and friendly. But chat and doing haircut is big different. Lol.

Keep me update also... Last when i was following the old hair thread, I always wanted to have my hair cut at Komachi but did not had the chance...

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
Up for awareness of fake OSIS DUST IT Powder

My stylist introduced me to this hair styling product which can give volume to my hair which is also flat and soft! I was amazed by the effects!

Later, I found it in Gmarket and it only selling for 5 bucks... So decided to give a shot since I bought mine for near 30 bucks..

But I did not expect much! Cos we know that what too good to be true, are most likely not true!
And in the end, it turn out to be fake!

Let compare the differences!

The Box
Misc

The left is original while right is fake
As you can see the print of the box on the fake has a lower contrast!

The Bottle
DSC02912.jpg

Again, the left is original while right is fake.
As you can see the bottle design is different in term of size and font!
I weighed them and the fake bottle is definably light and make cheaper material!
IMG_2623.jpg

Real
IMG_2624.jpg

Fake
From here, we clearly see that the fake only uses sliver font while the original uses both white and sliver! There are smudge on the font which show poor printing.
DSC02916.jpg

Left = Original, Right = Fake

If you realise, the cap is design is alittle cheapo! Like knobs on MIC toy!

DSC02936.jpg

Left = Original, Right = Fake
The material of cap inside to control the flow of the powder is different too!

The Content!
IMG_2634.jpg

Original
IMG_2633.jpg

Fake

This is worst part! The fake looks like it mixed with some plastic or random powder! It is coarse as compared to the original which fine like icing sugar! I can feel that the fake have a weaker matt feeling as to the original!

Last edited:

lunarin79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ LouisSaha- thks for the review. Hmm, i'll be gg over tmr for my haircut & it's also my 1st time. Read about the rave reviews in this thread but it's good to read about ur review as well :)

will keep u guys update & see if i can post a pic of my new hairstyle tmr :)

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awesome analysis between the genuine and fake product dUStyEX99 !

Cheers! :D

electronics

Master Member
Reaction score
Mini-Review for Glitz Saloon.

Had my haircut a couple of days ago with baby.
Sorry that I post a review up only after a few days, as I'm busy with work and stuffs.
Made an appointment with baby in the noon, went over to the saloon.
Their staffs are really friendly, thumb up for that.

Okay so basically, appointment means on time. But when I arrived in the saloon, I still got to wait for quite sometime before my turn for an haircut.
Kinda sucky actually but I guess it doesn't matter since I'm not rushing for time. And I think, for appointment the waiting time maybe for the stylist to prepare at most will be 15 mins?
Seems like I waited for like 45mins? Lol? So I guess, book appointment at 1PM, go at 2PM. Lol.
When I arrived at their saloon, I saw some of her customers with really ah-beng/punk hairstyles.
I find it ugly leh, seriously no offense to anyone here or to baby. But it don't really look nice and its weird too.
If you guys happened to see their guy's hairstyle at their Facebook, it look kinda like the same.

Now to haircut, I find baby's haircut not as good as mentioned in this forum.
The way she thinned out my hair is really horrible or should I say far too much, and some part of my hair length are imbalanced.
Sideburns and back really bad though, very messy & out of style. Maybe she could do much better job on the sideburns.
Overall, haircut pretty bad, hair too thinned out, uneven length & side burns messed up.

Staff-Service - Really good, real friendly and helpful. 9/10.
Haircut - Turned out quite bad. And it doesn't seems like what some forumers mentioned. 6/10.
Hairstylist "Baby" - Very friendly and chatty. A really nice person to chit-chat! But if you are a quiet person, you will find her annoying. 8/10.
Should I recommend peoples/friends? - If you don't mind uneven length, overly thinned out hair, waiting time, messy sideburns, ah-beng/punk hairstyles then maybe you can visit her.

Will I return? - Hmmmmm yes and no? I dunno.
Last but not least, haircut for guys @ $28 nett.
If you guys looking for arimino wax, they are selling them but price I never ask.
So bascially, its cut first, wash later then style.

Overall - 6.5/10

I also think those guys haircut photos by Glitz on Facebook looks bad but so many people here say is good.

electronics

Master Member
Reaction score
Got alot of people here say good meh? :s11: :s8:

Have ah ... you read the the pages in this thread you can see many positive reviews about Glitz and feeback that "Baby" seems very good.

Curious to know how good she is ... i go facebook see the photos of the cuts, me think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.