The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score
Have ah ... you read the the pages in this thread you can see many positive reviews about Glitz and feeback that "Baby" seems very good.

Curious to know how good she is ... i go facebook see the photos of the cuts, me think otherwise.

i shared the same views like u ...also got people mention calvin is not bad...last time i got cut by him for a few times...first time was not bad but subsequent cuts by him will getting disappointing ...i think this is a phenomenal of "blind following without really using eyes and mind " .

crunchytoast

Master Member
Reaction score
Have ah ... you read the the pages in this thread you can see many positive reviews about Glitz and feeback that "Baby" seems very good.

Curious to know how good she is ... i go facebook see the photos of the cuts, me think otherwise.

But I read this thread so long. Only see 1 person praising this Baby nia... You got see wrongly? :s22:

neo1978

Reaction score
Not trying to be a wet blanket here.
I went to cut, the standard really not good.
Cause its really that bad...

Ya.. understand that no everyone will like the same hairstylist... for me, the best still Thomas from Deng salon

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Keep me update also... Last when i was following the old hair thread, I always wanted to have my hair cut at Komachi but did not had the chance...

haha sure thing, but Komachi not as good as last time liao after all the main stylist left like Maeda, Tsuji and Ejima. But I saw ryoshi post, he mentioned that Tsuji will be back in Feb with her own saloon. :)

@ LouisSaha- thks for the review. Hmm, i'll be gg over tmr for my haircut & it's also my 1st time. Read about the rave reviews in this thread but it's good to read about ur review as well :)

will keep u guys update & see if i can post a pic of my new hairstyle tmr

Haha sure no problem. Hopefully you will love your new hairstyle by baby.
All the best. :)

what's komachi's rate?

The last time I cut was like 60++ then raised to 80 for Maeda if I'm not wrong.
Maybe you can call them and ask? :)

i shared the same views like u ...also got people mention calvin is not bad...last time i got cut by him for a few times...first time was not bad but subsequent cuts by him will getting disappointing ...i think this is a phenomenal of "blind following without really using eyes and mind " .

Haha yup, I heard from ppl that Calvin from Flhair saloon not bad... but yet to give him cut yet. So I cannot comment whether hes good or not. But it doesnt matter lah, since Tsuji will be back by Feb.... I will go back to her for all my haircut even though its expensive but at least she know my style and desired type of cut. ;)

electronics

Master Member
Reaction score
But I read this thread so long. Only see 1 person praising this Baby nia... You got see wrongly? :s22:

I can confirm in this thread or the previous hair thread confirm more than one positive reviews about Baby ... although i cannot remember the name of the person who post la.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometime pictures were not well taken...

I do agree too.

Just like the old Hair thread. I post my picture of my hair behind, some people who have extraordinary "special" pair of eye can say i'm balding. Which in the way that its only just being trimmed alot as i have thick hair. But once it grow longer in a week. It will be just perfect.

And yes, By looking some of the photo at Glitz Salon.. Some of them are little punk looking, however, i not sure whether they update their photo constantly but they have not been updating their photo from customer's hairstyle. But i guess that there are more "thick" and "default" hairstyle cut by Baby...Glitz do not actually cut for punk hairstyle only, it still cut for working adult or people who does not like punk hair. I believe that during my haircut there, i saw mrwirus ( a forumer here) with a good thick long hair cut by Baby too. So i don't know why it's being claimed as uneven length, overly thinned out hair, waiting time, messy sideburns, ah-beng/punk hairstyles.

Sometimes the uneven length at the fringe or at the back are sometimes deliberately to be like these and could be requested by the customer instead done by Baby?

Hope can LouisSah tell us what do you mind by "bad"? besides the waiting time, is it the cutting skills?

Anw, i'm not trying to side her la.... I believe everyone have their own fav. hairstylist just the same as you prefer your favourite fast food. hahahaha!

Last edited:

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I do agree too.

Just like the old Hair thread. I post my picture of my hair behind, some people who have extraordinary "special" pair of eye can say i'm balding. Which in the way that its only just being trimmed alot as i have thick hair. But once it grow longer in a week. It will be just perfect.

And yes, By looking some of the photo at Glitz Salon.. Some of them are little punk looking, however, i not sure whether they update their photo constantly but they have not been updating their photo from customer's hairstyle. But i guess that there are more "thick" and "default" hairstyle cut by Baby...Glitz do not actually cut for punk hairstyle only, it still cut for working adult or people who does not like punk hair. I believe that during my haircut there, i saw mrwirus ( a forumer here) with a good thick long hair cut by Baby too. So i don't know why it's being claimed as uneven length, overly thinned out hair, waiting time, messy sideburns, ah-beng/punk hairstyles.

Sometimes the uneven length at the fringe or at the back are sometimes deliberately to be like these and could be requested by the customer instead done by Baby?

Hope can LouisSah tell us what do you mind by "bad"? besides the waiting time, is it the cutting skills?

Anw, i'm not trying to side her la.... I believe everyone have their own fav. hairstylist just the same as you prefer your favourite fast food. hahahaha!

Bad for me will be the cutting point. Waiting time like I mentioned previously, it doesn't really matter since I'm not rushing for time. But what if sometimes you need to go or rush off to somewhere else? I believed, when you made an appointment that certainly means on time. You are free on that period and you preferred to get your hair cut done at that particular timing, so which is why you make an appointment. Hopefully this clear that timing point.

As for the bad cutting, seriously though, its not really up to par.
Already did told her (Baby), I'm working so no undercut/punk hairstyles.
She also did acknowledged that but however that still don't seems like it.
And to reply your sentences in bold red, I already told her I would want a formal hairstyle even with pictures produced to her. So I told her plus pictures shown to her, and I believe she should already know what I want by now. But it doesn't seems like it And I just don't understand what you mean by deliberately cut in that thinned out, uneven length and stuffs. I believed in formal hairstyle there will not be uneven length & messy sideburns. Overall, it doesn't seems formal to me the way she cut my hair. Its so messy!

Whereas stylist like Maeda and Tsuji, knows what I wanted even without me showing them any pictures, and mind you, they are Japanese and their English wasn't that good, but they still understand the way via our communication. So I believed on baby understanding, shes a chinese basically you should know what I meant since I spoke to her in chinese? and there shouldn't be any mis-communication since shes from Malaysia and she definitely understands me. Not trying to implying that the Japanese are better in haircut but on way they deliver is simply good. As per mentioned baby is a former instructor from shinji, so I believed she should know the basic.

So if I got the choice to choose by paying $80 for Tsuji services, I will without thinking. Yes maybe its abit pricey but at least the service she provided, no waiting time. Appointment at 1pm means 1PM. Will never attend to OTHER customers without getting my hair done. And come on, don't you feel frustrated when a person cuts your hair but stop in-between for like every 2-3 mins to attend others customers and hopping around?

And it really doesn't matter if their fb guy's photos got constantly update anot, that still doesn't change the fact that those haircut were done by glitz saloon.

Last edited:

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once again, TO EACH HIS OWN..

How is Glitz / Flhair vs Komachi (Jap stylists) and average price vs premium price comparable.. ?

No pun nor offense intended..

But if I am willing to spend 50-80 bucks monthly on my haircut, I would definitely give those stylists over at Komachi a visit ;)

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh i see.. can understand your frustration tho..

Sometimes even i book appointment, i do wait up to 30min only.. Dont know why yours 45min though. Luckily you were not in rush..

"Sometimes the uneven length at the fringe or at the back are sometimes deliberately to be like these and could be requested by the customer instead done by Baby?"

For the above, what i mean was for the guy's hair photo in Glitz's facebook page.

I think there is a miscommunication over there.. did you told her after you got your hair cut?

Maybe if you dont mind you could take a photo of your hairstyle? :D

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Once again, TO EACH HIS OWN..

How is Glitz / Flhair vs Komachi (Jap stylists) and average price vs premium price comparable.. ?

No pun nor offense intended..

But if I am willing to spend 50-80 bucks monthly on my haircut, I would definitely give those stylists over at Komachi a visit ;)

ar I see. If you were to say that it will be fair enough if I compares similar prices for in terms of quality, haircut, waiting time, then chapter also at 28 simply wins hands-down. ;)

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh i see.. can understand your frustration tho..

Sometimes even i book appointment, i do wait up to 30min only.. Dont know why yours 45min though. Luckily you were not in rush..

"Sometimes the uneven length at the fringe or at the back are sometimes deliberately to be like these and could be requested by the customer instead done by Baby?"

For the above, what i mean was for the guy's hair photo in Glitz's facebook page.

I think there is a miscommunication over there.. did you told her after you got your hair cut?

Maybe if you dont mind you could take a photo of your hairstyle? :D

Haha it doesn't really matter actually. :)
But I really love Glitz saloon because they are really friendly, which I really like whereas some stylist just stay dead throughout the haircut. :s13:

Oh and I mean guy's hair photo too... ;)

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha it doesn't really matter actually. :)
But I really love Glitz saloon because they are really friendly, which I really like whereas some stylist just stay dead throughout the haircut. :s13:

Oh and I mean guy's hair photo too... ;)

If you mean on the guy's hair photo, what i trying to say was

Some of the punk hairstyle ( not sure which one you referring) could be maybe requested by the customer instead of Baby cut for them. We don't know maybe the customer wanted something daring for his haircut tho.. :s13:

screws

Reaction score
baby is really notorious in making her customer wait for her. not once she attended to me on time. :s22:

will booked an appointment with her before chinese new year and if she still make me wait, will definitely shift to other hairstylist already. my hair is very simple to cut now anyway. just need to buzz the sides and back. any barber shop can do it, maybe even better since barber is good in buzz cut / doing proper fade. :D

edit:

did glitz raised their price for cny?

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
baby is really notorious in making her customer wait for her. not once she attended to me on time. :s22:

will booked an appointment with her before chinese new year and if she still make me wait, will definitely shift to other hairstylist already. my hair is very simple to cut now anyway. just need to buzz the sides and back. any barber shop can do it, maybe even better since barber is good in buzz cut / doing proper fade. :D

edit:

Hmmmm I heard from baby... for now nope.
Last day before CNY they will up the price, so call her now to make an appt at $28. Eh walk in like that she told me will up the price too. So call and book her ba.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

edit:

Yea.. but then think of it. She got alot of customer to attend. Imagine dye-ing another customer's hair, cutting another customer hair.. really not easy wor.. lastime i work before.. its really really busy one..:(

turnerdhr

Reaction score
From what i read, i think Baby cuts her own way. I guess you really have to tell her what you want. One snip and you have to wait long time for hair to grow to counter mistake. hmmmmmmmm...... i wanted to try Baby but she is in Ang Mo Kio. Quite far for me and not sure if worth it. i currently go to Far East Plaza X'clusive Salon on 5th Floor, Jaslyn. i like those Jap cuts.

kechiki

Reaction score
Hello all!

i've just cut my hair at glitz and very satisfied with it!!

baby was very friendly

and very slim and pretty!! ( hahah i was not forced into saying this ) teehee

showed her the photo i wanted

yonghwa_daesung-fanwar.jpg

and she said ok!

turns out well also :)

^^

screws

Reaction score
Yea.. but then think of it. She got alot of customer to attend. Imagine dye-ing another customer's hair, cutting another customer hair.. really not easy wor.. lastime i work before.. its really really busy one..:(

this is ridiculous excuse la.

we book / make appointments for a reason. if she's not free on that timing, then tell the customer to choose other time la. how hard is that? :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.