EDMW Knife Collectors

intermilansg

Banned
Reaction score
By the way, have you all seen the Gerber Bear Grylls series.
Find it dam bladdy nice and cool.

http://bear.gerberuk.com/knives/ultimate-knife/

Feel like buying the whole set of fixed blade and folders. (total got 4)
But i think havn't come to S'pore yet lah.

Online also don't have at the moment. Think if buy from the shops here sure kanna overcharged man.

Get the LMF better

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Well, so far the ESEE-4 is the most reliable knife I've used in the field, and really holding up well. Alot of my NS mates got the seal pups but the blade geometry is really not practical for usage.

If you are rambo then probably it might be useful but I'm not and my experience with it has been disappointing.. It might be good as a fighter knife (i wouldn't know since I've never stab anything with it) but for greenwood or deadwood processing, simple is best. Well, the only except ion will be the khurki.

If you really wanna know which is the best knive to use, the machete or parang is honestly the best knife there is. It's the item my detachment will die die indent before outfield.. Even the bengkias use it.

Ok, this I have to ask, why the Seal pup? All the gadget boys I know have one but they never use it so I wonder what's the appeal other than looking like a professional soldier on that SBO with a alicepack/black hawk 3day assualt pack on the back..

Seal pup elite has a pretty thick blade stock, well balanced, easy to sharpen, and it's stainless. Esee 4 has a slightly thicker blade and is heavier, which may be better for some people. However 1095 steel in Singapore isn't a very good idea. People in the states complain about 1095 steel rusting there... what else in Singapore?
However i dun own an Esee knife so i can't really comment about which is better. FYI, i just ordered an izula coz i was attracted to Esee's imba warranty. Lol

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Seal pup elite has a pretty thick blade stock, well balanced, easy to sharpen, and it's stainless. Esee 4 has a slightly thicker blade and is heavier, which may be better for some people. However 1095 steel in Singapore isn't a very good idea. People in the states complain about 1095 steel rusting there... what else in Singapore?
However i dun own an Esee knife so i can't really comment about which is better. FYI, i just ordered an izula coz i was attracted to Esee's imba warranty. Lol

Ah, yes I see, your points are precisely why I hate it. I find the balance a little off personally because i get fatigue fast using it, which is why I feel it's more of a fighter knife.. it seems to be balance for that..
Well, rust isn't a problem if you use it.. in fact out in the rain, I've never had rust problems because you're using it all the time there's no chance to rust..

Well, warranty wise, I doubt you'll ever need it.. it's pretty hard to destroy a knife!~

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BK2_large.jpg

BK7_large.jpg

BK9_large.jpg

for field use i get these. :s12:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Ah, yes I see, your points are precisely why I hate it. I find the balance a little off personally because i get fatigue fast using it, which is why I feel it's more of a fighter knife.. it seems to be balance for that..
Well, rust isn't a problem if you use it.. in fact out in the rain, I've never had rust problems because you're using it all the time there's no chance to rust..

Well, warranty wise, I doubt you'll ever need it.. it's pretty hard to destroy a knife!~

It's sad that u don't like the Seal pup =(
So, what do u use ur Esee4 for?

what kind of knife is best for throwing?
I want fatality within 14 feet kind of knives. Intro anyone? XD

Lol.... i got a few coldsteel tft

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
BK2_large.jpg

BK7_large.jpg

BK9_large.jpg

for field use i get these. :s12:

Beckers! Nice choice!

what kind of knife is best for throwing?
I want fatality within 14 feet kind of knives. Intro anyone? XD

Every knife can be thrown.. But fatality? You hunting? Better off trapping..

It's sad that u don't like the Seal pup =(
So, what do u use ur Esee4 for?
Lol.... i got a few coldsteel tft

Yeah.. Bad experience with it before.. I use it to build concealment so I can hide myself in the bush so I can fly a remote control plane in camo lol..

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Sorry ah viix, u're a regular in saf or rsaf? I dunno if u ever answered this before, but this thread is damn long and i'm lazy to read the whole thread.
Why sia, what did the seal pup do to u?

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Not sure if i ever posted these pictures before, but here is 2 out of my many many knives =D

1st up, Emerson Cqc 13

219qdd0.jpg

Next up, is Cold Steel Espada Large!

33l0a6x.jpg

KinkyNinja

Reaction score
what about those swords from caesar's? Im really interested in getting those spring-action pop out knives. cool stuff.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry ah viix, u're a regular in saf or rsaf? I dunno if u ever answered this before, but this thread is damn long and i'm lazy to read the whole thread.
Why sia, what did the seal pup do to u?

Seal Pup Elite for 120? Wow... that's a really price that's very very low

Regular? No. :s22:: I love the field, but signing on is a totally different matter :s13:
Well, maybe it's just me but we had to do more maintenance using the seal pup than the saf issued ontarios.. the handle also isn't very ergonomically and gives some very serious hotspots very fast. I love aus 8, but for a blade this size, the clip point upper swedge and blade geometry isn't practical. It's more tactical than it is practical.

Last edited:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Yea man. Clip point blade shape can't dig well.
Actually i like the Dpx Hest alot, but i don't trust 1095 over here. I hope the izula proves me wrong so i can get the Hest =)

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea man. Clip point blade shape can't dig well.
Actually i like the Dpx Hest alot, but i don't trust 1095 over here. I hope the izula proves me wrong so i can get the Hest =)

1095 won't rust as long as u wipe down after usage with baby oil or wd40.. Or force a patina and it won't rust so easily.. If u want the hest, it's being discontinued by esee now that ryp has become independent. You won't regret it

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.