The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If im not wrong.. Flhair Salon still carry Arimino Spice Shower Spray.. I'm using one too. Do not belittle by the size of the spray and the amount being sprayed! It really can uphold my hairstyle quite a long time and able to withstand strong wind! Compare to Gatsby strong hold spray ( dark silver) and (pink) , i would prefer the Arimino spray if im rich to use it as my daily spray. :D
How much is the Arimino Spice Shower Spray going for ?

I'm currently using Creatise Hair Spray which I feel, better than Gatsby's

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine Arimino Spice Shower Spray for $35 dollar tho.. i'm using the Arimino Peace wax $35 (Brown) too.. In my opinion, i think the black is more harder and suitable for people that want to have a hard and sturdy look. While the brown one retain the hairstyle but not as strong as the black. While its not so hard, that's why i prefer the brown..:D

dUStyEX99 - Oh its you that reviewed that matifying powder. hahaha! sorry ah. I forgot who post liao. lol..

Anyway.. Yea.. the non aerosol spray.. its quite good to uphold an hairstyle all day long. I like it very much but don't want to use it too much.. yea loh.. if im not wrong, those with soft hair, if you spray, it get more harder. So you might not able to accept the hardness. lol!!

However.. previously im using the Arimino Spice Wax too! Its really really good i must say! But due to its only 35g. Everyday im using it, use up before a month.. become very poor loh :s13: So i end up using Peace which is 80g and yet it require to use a slight bit only.. :)

turnerdhr

Reaction score
Lets take a break man!

Anyway I perm my hair at Flhair by Ricky today as i mention previously!
352ivjc.jpg

28uo5xh.jpg

2dadnp4.jpg

Effect is quite subtle on photo(Did not bring my camera along)
I not very used to wavy hair especially having straight hair for 20 years!:s22:
It felt like a helmet... :s13:
But it really gave volume to my hair... very different feel from the thin and soft hair i had previously...

Anyway for those who are interested in Osis dust it powder, the price here is accurate and the product is genuine! and some toiletry shop at amk sell it also!
But i bought a bottle and today my stylist recommend another spray... :s22:
http://thehairthread.com/index.php/...osis-dust-it-mattifying-powder?category_id=11

nice! what's the price??? also. is it normal perm? where were the rollers placed? only on top part?

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I brought a bottle from parkway parade... They changed the packaging but it looks the genuine to me plus they have the distro address!
I have yet to try because i haven finish my old bottle plus now i change product so i think i will sell it away!

Anyway, parkway is the cheapest at 14.90 while both shop at amk is 15.40... So is about where is more convenient for you!

may i know which shop from parkway parade did you get it from?

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
I got mine Arimino Spice Shower Spray for $35 dollar tho.. i'm using the Arimino Peace wax $35 (Brown) too.. In my opinion, i think the black is more harder and suitable for people that want to have a hard and sturdy look. While the brown one retain the hairstyle but not as strong as the black. While its not so hard, that's why i prefer the brown..:D

dUStyEX99 - Oh its you that reviewed that matifying powder. hahaha! sorry ah. I forgot who post liao. lol..

Anyway.. Yea.. the non aerosol spray.. its quite good to uphold an hairstyle all day long. I like it very much but don't want to use it too much.. yea loh.. if im not wrong, those with soft hair, if you spray, it get more harder. So you might not able to accept the hardness. lol!!

However.. previously im using the Arimino Spice Wax too! Its really really good i must say! But due to its only 35g. Everyday im using it, use up before a month.. become very poor loh :s13: So i end up using Peace which is 80g and yet it require to use a slight bit only.. :)

I saw peace on MO but not sure is it as good! Maybe after this tub, i will try Peace!

nice! what's the price??? also. is it normal perm? where were the rollers placed? only on top part?

Thanks, did it for less than $100...
Ya it was a full perm... Other than my side burn and fringe, all were permed...
But my friend said that my top part of the back has loss its wave so look abit strange, they asked me if the stylist perm that part(which i think he did)...

I would say the effect on the photo is much subtle... In real life, my hair looks more curled... Maybe i post another photo when i am free...

sometime back. emo hitler as the inspiration. :s13::s13::s13:

I like the fringe!:s13:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys do you all know of any good paste that can thicken and roughen up the hair to make it easier to style?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dUStyEX99, like to learn more about permming from u.
Is maintenance easy? as in after u shower and dry your hair, does it look weird without any hair products?
U permed the top and back right? I am just curious, to get the optimal results, is there any recommended minimum length before perming it???

thks :)

neo1978

Reaction score
a question to ask here, i've been using renati paste and it seems that there will be tiny residue left on my hair. i remember spreading it throughout my hands and style as desire but the problem persist.

issit becos i used it wrongly or smth? anyone can enlighten me thanks.

Paste shouldnt have any residue, matt mud I believe if you dont run thru well, it will have,,,

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
dUStyEX99, like to learn more about permming from u.
Is maintenance easy? as in after u shower and dry your hair, does it look weird without any hair products?
U permed the top and back right? I am just curious, to get the optimal results, is there any recommended minimum length before perming it???

thks :)

For my case, my hair is abit messy after drying like people with curly hair... but still ok if you like going somewhere nearby to get dinner...:s13:

Ya, actually sides also... I think because my hair length was just nice so i perm without cutting.
Of course, it must not be too short... Since longer hair can be trim before perm.
The length i had was slightly longer of the length that you would want to have a haircut...(When it is slightly longer and thicker which makes it hard to style)

I would suggest to ask your stylist for advice and let him/her know when you want to perm so they can cut to length which will be ready to perm by then!
1st time perm so not so pro!:s13:

Last edited:

Sarutobix

Reaction score
I oso feel like perming cause my hair is like forever straight and thin type. Just scared that the end result will be a failure one and later kena laugh by friends in school lol. Singaporeans just aint open enuff to hairstyles i suppose. Anyway any good salon where the stylist will actually give recommendations on the style of perm?

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi, just wanna ask. In order to maintain a hairstyle, any of you guys ever got it cut every month? To me it gets kinda frustrating sometimes when your hair grows a little too fast.

What I'm trying to say is, for example, you get a haircut today (eg today, 4th February 11) by cutting it short, and then by the 10th next month your hair starts to grow, by then, it starts to look like crap already. Just want some opinion here. :)

omgpower

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanna ask. In order to maintain a hairstyle, any of you guys ever got it cut every month? To me it gets kinda frustrating sometimes when your hair grows a little too fast.

What I'm trying to say is, for example, you get a haircut today (eg today, 4th February 11) by cutting it short, and then by the 10th next month your hair starts to grow, by then, it starts to look like crap already. Just want some opinion here. :)

yes for guys once a month is quite common. my stylist told me our hair grows approx 1cm per month, so it will start to look like crap :s13:

Hippopotas

Reaction score
hi, wanna ask if anyone knows the rate for haircut at base station (eiji)? for guys. thanks!

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
male.lol and the first time u go there can apply for membership for free le and can use on spot.. think haircut got 10 % or 15 % off bah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.