Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabgab

Reaction score
Just make sure there is no additional cost.

Last time, a friend told me that he bought the aircon very cheap at small electronic shop, but during the installation, the installation guy decided the location for the FCU (very near to the compressor) and when my friend asked the FCU to be installed in the centre (and facing to the bed), the guys ask for $100 for every 1 metre. At the end of the day, he needs to pay few hundreds dollar more.

Hi, I think you kena ripped lah. Complain to the shop that you bought lah.

funkybabe

Reaction score
Hi may i know where to buy Daikin aircon? My brother-in-law told me that Courts don't carry Daikin.

Courts must have some policy that daikin couldn't agree. I cam across a website that said Daikin is the number one selling aircon brand in Singapore.

funkybabe

Reaction score
Where? I think i will just go to a HDB shop downstairs to negotiate for a good price though they don't carry stock.

That is the usual practice but it is still better to compare prices. usually, Daikin is the most expensive, followed by Mitsubishi and Panasonic. If you can afford, go for Daikin.

cal3135

Reaction score
hello all GXFC,

my 9 years old inverter Toshiba RAS-M10YKCV just gave way, red flashing lights
on FAN-ONLY in all 3 indoor units.

Called GC(purchased from them), sent in techs; said PCB spoiled..
repair will be very $$$:s22:.

now am reading thru this long threads, but hello lots of good information....:)

will be checking out coolservice,, seen some good reviews, also will
be narrowing to Daikin, Panasonic or Toshiba.

cheers!

my6600

Reaction score
It seems like it is awlays a choice between daikin, mitsubishi and panansonic. And daikin though expensive seems to have many fans.

dun agree that penasounik is on par with daikin or mitsubishi....

the choice is only between daikin or mitsubishi ONLY...;)

both are good.
but in terms of appearance, daikin looks better. i like the matt feel of the surface...:D

kingcobra

Reaction score
hello all GXFC,

my 9 years old inverter Toshiba RAS-M10YKCV just gave way, red flashing lights
on FAN-ONLY in all 3 indoor units.

Called GC(purchased from them), sent in techs; said PCB spoiled..
repair will be very $$$:s22:.

now am reading thru this long threads, but hello lots of good information....:)

will be checking out coolservice,, seen some good reviews, also will
be narrowing to Daikin, Panasonic or Toshiba.

cheers!

Forget about Toshiba. It is a tie between Daikin and Mitsubishi but I will buy Daikin because i can't stand jack Neo.

kingcobra

Reaction score
dun agree that penasounik is on par with daikin or mitsubishi....

the choice is only between daikin or mitsubishi ONLY...;)

both are good.
but in terms of appearance, daikin looks better. i like the matt feel of the surface...:D

It is Daikin for me :)

kingcobra

Reaction score
That is the usual practice but it is still better to compare prices. usually, Daikin is the most expensive, followed by Mitsubishi and Panasonic. If you can afford, go for Daikin.

there are also some dealers for Daikin which will be a bit more flexible on pricing. Why don't you call Daikin at their office in Singapore to check?

kingcobra

Reaction score
It seems like it is awlays a choice between daikin, mitsubishi and panansonic. And daikin though expensive seems to have many fans.

I was told by a contractor friend whom I met furing Chinese New Year that Daikin is the recommended choice.

kingcobra

Reaction score

Get Daikin. I was deciding between Daikin and Panasonic but bought Panasonic instead because it was cheaper by a hundred dollars or more but it wasn't that cold and powerful.

my6600

Reaction score
Get Daikin. I was deciding between Daikin and Panasonic but bought Panasonic instead because it was cheaper by a hundred dollars or more but it wasn't that cold and powerful.
told ya, pana cmi.more nitemare waiting for u.

terumo

Reaction score
One reason that i can think of why Courts duh sell Daikin.
Daikin equipment price is expensive compared to others.
Check out Courts promo, always promo for Samsung/LG/Panasonic.

gabgab

Reaction score
One reason that i can think of why Courts duh sell Daikin.
Daikin equipment price is expensive compared to others.
Check out Courts promo, always promo for Samsung/LG/Panasonic.

Forget about the korean brands, nightmare will start after two years. Panasonic....errr Looks like Daikin will be a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.