Barnes & Noble eReader - NOOK

lucky_clover08

Reaction score
Hi !

Is anyone interested in selling their Nook classic?

I'm interested to buy a second hand Nook classic.

Please pm me the condition of your Nook classic and your offer price. Thanks!

f0uRLeafcLoVeR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me on this.
I read through the thread, but i'm still confused.
Are we able to use a SG credit card to purchase nook? If so, do i put SG address as the BILLING address?
I know that since B&N don't ship nook overseas, we need to have a US SHIPPING address. But what about BILLING address?

Thanks!
:)

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my nookcolor has been shipped to my US address and after that i can turn it to android tablet liao. happy !!!

zachmus

Reaction score
nice to see the nook community in Sg still active :s7: .

I been tinking to sell my nook classic(3g+wifi) one as no much time to read with all the work. ANy one interested>? sad thou there is a damage on the right side between the pg fwd and back button (a line crackin between) but does not affect the functions at all. cosmetic issue. haiz..

giving up my reading temporary

rty

Reaction score

ckboon

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a NookColour & a gift card from B&N store while travelling in the US. Back in S'pore, I can't buy ebooks using the gift card! I can download sample & free books using the NC.

Billing & shipping addresses are vPost USA.

What gives?
Thanks.

rty

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a NookColour & a gift card from B&N store while travelling in the US. Back in S'pore, I can't buy ebooks using the gift card! I can download sample & free books using the NC.

Billing & shipping addresses are vPost USA.

What gives?
Thanks.

Most of their ebooks are "geographically restricted" (US only) and B&N checks your IP address everytime you make an online purchase of their ebooks. You will have to use VPN proxy service such as AlwaysVPN http://www.alwaysvpn.com/ to make online purchase.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2669508&page=23

Last edited:

ckboon

Reaction score

rty

Reaction score
If I VPN to my office in the US, I should be able to buy books using my gift card & PC. Correct? Then download the ebooks to my NC?

That should work. As long as B&N sees the incoming IP is from the US, it will accept the purchase. There are websites that provide you info about your IP, e.g. http://whatismyipaddress.com . After you tunnel through via VPN, go to this website and check your IP. If it shows your country as the US, you are good to go and you can proceed to B&N.

Yes, download the ebooks into your PC first and then sideload it later to your Nook.

Last edited:

ckboon

Reaction score
That should work. As long as B&N sees the incoming IP is from the US, it will accept the purchase. There are websites that provide you info about your IP, e.g. http://whatismyipaddress.com . After you tunnel through via VPN, go to this website and check your IP. If it shows your country as the US, you are good to go and you can proceed to B&N.

Yes, download the ebooks into your PC first and then sideload it later to your Nook.

Bought my 1st ebook from B&N. Awesome!

Using my PC, VPN to US office, buy the ebook using the gift card. Downloaded to PC and at the same time, NC refreshed and pulled the ebook.

Need to ask friends to get me more gift cards!

ahboyboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian.. see few ppl bought nook color but nv ask if wanna follow order.. :( anyone selling nook color??

ckboon

Reaction score
sian.. see few ppl bought nook color but nv ask if wanna follow order.. :( anyone selling nook color??

I bought my NC when I was holidaying in US recently. Ask around & see if anybody is traveling to the States. Best to buy from B&N stores as you can get accessories on the spot. Bought mine with a screen cover.

Waiting for them to publish 2.2 then consider rooting the NC. US$249 android tablet!

rty

Reaction score

There's no point to combine orders because of the GST. Anything above S$400 will incur 7% GST so if you order more than one unit, you surely will have to pay GST.

ahboyboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought my NC when I was holidaying in US recently. Ask around & see if anybody is traveling to the States. Best to buy from B&N stores as you can get accessories on the spot. Bought mine with a screen cover.

Waiting for them to publish 2.2 then consider rooting the NC. US$249 android tablet!

i thought got some 2.2 roms out there already?? quite good enuff for daily usage le mah?

There's no point to combine orders because of the GST. Anything above S$400 will incur 7% GST so if you order more than one unit, you surely will have to pay GST.
true... but anyway... its out of stock online.. gotta wait 2 weeks. so meaning mid march will get it if i order now. :(

rty

Reaction score
i thought got some 2.2 roms out there already?? quite good enuff for daily usage le mah?

No, for now it comes with 2.1 but not a full blown 2.1.

Google for "Nookcolor Honeycomb" or "Nookcolor Froyo". Both Froyo and Honeycomb can now run on Nookcolor.

ahboyboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, for now it comes with 2.1 but not a full blown 2.1.

Google for "Nookcolor Honeycomb" or "Nookcolor Froyo". Both Froyo and Honeycomb can now run on Nookcolor.

yeah.. thats what i meant :o.
pretty cool that honeycomb is developing fast for nook color. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.