EDMW Knife Collectors

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Lol... after my friend saw my izula, he bought it on the spot! The izula is really a good knife, and it sharpens much easier than i thought =)

slayergut

Reaction score
Lol... after my friend saw my izula, he bought it on the spot! The izula is really a good knife, and it sharpens much easier than i thought =)

The advantage of high carbon steel haha. Much easier to sharpen compared to stainless steel. But the even if the knife is coated or painted, the edge will still rust. So its abit more tedious..

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
A good soak with lemon, vinegar or some mustard and it will develop a nice patina and it will not rust.. Did it on a a2 bravo and the oxidation is protecting it even it humid singapore. As long as you do not put it to storage wet and with rust present, a little rust during use never affects the blade functionally.

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Actually rust on the edge nt really a big deal since i can get rid of it by sharpening =)
D2 is inbetween high carbon steel and stainless steel. Downside is it is quite brittle, so don't give it high impact! That knife looks nicer =)

kaapuii

Reaction score
Actually rust on the edge nt really a big deal since i can get rid of it by sharpening =)
D2 is inbetween high carbon steel and stainless steel. Downside is it is quite brittle, so don't give it high impact! That knife looks nicer =)

Precisely, it looks dam nice and thus very tempting to get it. Plus this blade is discontinued from Pohl Force manufacturer. So it will be a good blade to keep.

Only doubt I have is the trustworthiness of the website and also price of the blade not cheap leh...for a dam small knife.

kaapuii

Reaction score
This thread very quiet leh these few days.

I plan to get the Izula black color. But **** man out of stock. Dono must wait how long man. Then must be $100 above they will deliver. Stupid man.
Means I have to buy something else to make it $100!

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
This thread very quiet leh these few days.

I plan to get the Izula black color. But **** man out of stock. Dono must wait how long man. Then must be $100 above they will deliver. Stupid man.
Means I have to buy something else to make it $100!

ESEE says they are catching up on the backorders.. if just the izula, can get it from KSF cheap shipping but list price is just a few pops more..

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Vixx. Thanks for the info again. I ordered the Izula Black, overall is still cheaper due to shipping. Hope this website is reliable cos I already paid for it.

I decided not to get the Pohl Force cos it is too expensive for me.
I get the Izula plus 2 more blades from Exduct, I pay about half the price I need to if I buy the Pohl Force.

Don't worry, KSF is very reliable.. wendy and derrick are nice people on the BRKT forums and derrick is a pastor.. so he definitely won't cheat you. :D I had bought from them many times.. their points system also tempt me to buy more knives again~

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KSF using which shipper for internaltional order?
is the shipment traceable? any insurance for the package?
thank.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
KSF using which shipper for internaltional order?
is the shipment traceable? any insurance for the package?
thank.

flat rate int.. trackable till leave us site.. in sgp, sometimes it reach as registered post but recently just drop in postbox.. dunno wassup with singpost

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
They are quite fast man. Last night I ordered and this morning I got the email from them that giving me the tracking number. That means they have already shipped out. Rather prompt in replying my mail too. But they blur lah. Gave me 2 different tracking number on 2 different mails.
Clarified with them the correct one. Hope to get my Izula soon.

Thanks for the recommendation Viix. Think the savings in shipping makes the whole blade alot cheaper.

The system always send 2 shipment tracking.. I think it's cos they use the USPS postage label generator and their system will send a tracking once they generate the postage. The second one is the one you track when they post it and scan the receipt tracking into the system. For me I just input both into the USPS tracking app in the iphone cos sometimes other stores will separate the shipment into 2 package to save cost.

Maddened

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an interest in knives and swords and have toyed with the idea of collecting them. Only recently did I have the financial means to seriously consider this hobby and I have been eyeing some blades from Cold Steel, EDC and even some of the cheap knock-offs from Deal Extreme.

Question is I'm a noob at this and I'm not sure the law. I know if I were to buy replicas from like Caesar's I need to give my IC and all that. But what about ordering direct from US suppliers? What does the law say about ordering something like a Gladius sword or Espada?

Hoping the bros here can illuminate me on this as I can't seem to find any definitive info about this and I don't wish to have my purchases confiscated or for me to run afoul of the law.

Also is there a difference regarding the size of the sword or whether it is sharp or blunt? I know balisongs and automatic knives are banned but what else is restricted? Really would appreciate any and all info. Thanks!! :) :) :)

kaledia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ermmm if i import soft foam nunchaku will tio or not. Cause they send me letter ask me go pay GST subject to A&E dept approval. How ah?

slayergut

Reaction score
ermmm if i import soft foam nunchaku will tio or not. Cause they send me letter ask me go pay GST subject to A&E dept approval. How ah?

Nunchuks are illegal.FOAM ones i don't know tho..Just have a good reason why you want bring in ba. If package over ~SGD$400 including shipping they will call you down to pay GST.
OR if the item is less den that but they THINK it's worth more than $400 they will call you down also.haha.

How? Just go down lor..see what they say.

kaledia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nunchuks are illegal.FOAM ones i don't know tho..Just have a good reason why you want bring in ba. If package over ~SGD$400 including shipping they will call you down to pay GST.
OR if the item is less den that but they THINK it's worth more than $400 they will call you down also.haha.

How? Just go down lor..see what they say.

I wont kena fine right or arrested right?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Question is I'm a noob at this and I'm not sure the law. I know if I were to buy replicas from like Caesar's I need to give my IC and all that. But what about ordering direct from US suppliers? What does the law say about ordering something like a Gladius sword or Espada?

As a guideline, under 6 inch is fine for single edge blade.. daggers, throwing knives and ninja stars are nono.. longer blades are subject to approval and licensing.

Best is to just email the SPF licensing dept with the item in questions and they will reply you.

Just go there to open box nia.. if cannot, just sign and ICA will return to shipper. It came in through proper channel so won't get fined or arrested.. unless chiu smuggle in through luggage and dun declare then will..
worry here worry there, just take half day off and go there better than wonder here wonder there right.. u think I thought, who confirm? :o

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.