EDMW Knife Collectors

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an interest in knives and swords and have toyed with the idea of collecting them. Only recently did I have the financial means to seriously consider this hobby and I have been eyeing some blades from Cold Steel, EDC and even some of the cheap knock-offs from Deal Extreme.

Question is I'm a noob at this and I'm not sure the law. I know if I were to buy replicas from like Caesar's I need to give my IC and all that. But what about ordering direct from US suppliers? What does the law say about ordering something like a Gladius sword or Espada?

Hoping the bros here can illuminate me on this as I can't seem to find any definitive info about this and I don't wish to have my purchases confiscated or for me to run afoul of the law.

Also is there a difference regarding the size of the sword or whether it is sharp or blunt? I know balisongs and automatic knives are banned but what else is restricted? Really would appreciate any and all info. Thanks!! :) :) :)

Any kind of swords cannot. Espada huh, i bought 2 but took me a long time to get clearence. So can lor, but troublesome.

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Next of my collection, the Spyderco Superleaf!

qnw510.jpg

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggested Retail: US$252.95
Our Price: US$174.95

Hest/f about SG$225 exclude shipping.
really out of budget.
i more interested in izula folder but look at Hest price think izula folder price tag wont be friendly too. :(

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hest/f about SG$225 exclude shipping.
really out of budget.
i more interested in izula folder but look at Hest price think izula folder price tag wont be friendly too. :(

Yeah, just wondering since feedback on the hest folder was that lionsteel didnt do a great job and many dropped out for the Limited edition runs. RYP himself also went all ballistic about his reputation and got his subforum shut off on bf..

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just wondering since feedback on the hest folder was that lionsteel didnt do a great job and many dropped out for the Limited edition runs. RYP himself also went all ballistic about his reputation and got his subforum shut off on bf..
lionsteel didnt do a great job? i saw youtube the buyer quite happy with it. :s11:
what the actual issues with the whole saga/hest folder?
thank.

fraggershell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any good blades to recommend?

i just want a practical blade that can safely kept away like a swiss army knife but there should be a lock to make sure that the blade stays up.

any recommendation? cheap, reliable and DURABLE! sharp too!

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
lionsteel didnt do a great job? i saw youtube the buyer quite happy with it. :s11:
what the actual issues with the whole saga/hest folder?
thank.

only for the LE runs if they do fix the production runs.. the tip of the blade is still exposed when closed, and the logos were misprinted..

i just want a practical blade that can safely kept away like a swiss army knife but there should be a lock to make sure that the blade stays up.

There's alot of small knives like the
Spyderco Ambitious
Spyderco Dragonfly/Byrd Meadowlark
Boker Trance & Subcom

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the H.E.S.T production run, but i cancelled it when i saw the closure of dpx gear forum on BF. They delayed from dec to feb. And then there's this stop pin being to big, clip being droken easily, RYP says the misprint makes the knife more collectable...
I feel like there's too much BS so i cancelled it. Btw, anyone cancelled order from paypal before? 1 week liao the money refunded not in my savings account leh.

Cheap and reliable folders can check spyderco. Tenacious, resillence, ambitious etc

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Can. Depends on the knife u order u may have to go down to paya lebar for clearence. If u want to save the trouble can pm me, but gv me pocket money =)

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only for the LE runs if they do fix the production runs.. the tip of the blade is still exposed when closed, and the logos were misprinted..
made in Italy this type of standard? then ESEE the QC so bad go release these blades for sale. :eek:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

go for Spyderco Persistence :s12:
same design like Tenacious but smaller, shorter.
only point i dont like is they using walker linerlock :(
i prefer lock back

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
made in Italy this type of standard? then ESEE the QC so bad go release these blades for sale. :eek:

ESEE and DPx Gear are operating separately since 3rd quarter of last year already.. ESEE only made the fixed blade hest with rowen and DPxGear.. hest folder is being manufactured by Lionsteel..
ESEE initially did approach lionsteel for the ESEE 3 folder but it didn't went through so their own folder is on hold..

Last edited:

slayergut

Reaction score
go for Spyderco Persistence :s12:
same design like Tenacious but smaller, shorter.
only point i dont like is they using walker linerlock :(
i prefer lock back

Agreed. Except i love liner locks.hahaha.
And there's a even smaller version coming i think.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.