Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

delifrance79

Reaction score
Hi, Intending to get my very first air-conditional system soon.

Daikin seems having a greater response after browsing some earlier posts through here. Think will place this in my priority list.

Btw, anymore feedback about Sanyo & Fujitsu?? Like to here more comments about these 2 first before I made my choice.

Lastly, any recommendation for coy with good installation service? At first thought of GC, but after reading all the comments here, decided to kick GC out of my list due to poor installation service.

Some people recommend Coolserve but too bad they do not accept Credit Card payment. So any other good choices beside them?? How bout Courts and Best Denki?? Any comments??

Last edited:

cal3135

Reaction score
eventually did a quick decision on Hitachi Inverter system 3 with GC.

next day installation due slot avail. overall satis. GC comes with 36mths
workmanship warranty. also purchased the 5 years warranty.

pricing comes with some Ang Bao rebate also, abt $238.

milkywaters

Reaction score

Daikin seems having a greater response after browsing some earlier posts through here. Think will place this in my priority list.

Btw, anymore feedback about Sanyo & Fujitsu?? Like to here more comments about these 2 first before I made my choice.

Lastly, any recommendation for coy with good installation service? At first thought of GC, but after reading all the comments here, decided to kick GC out of my list due to poor installation service.

Some people recommend Coolserve but too bad they do not accept Credit Card payment. So any other good choices beside them?? How bout Courts and Best Denki?? Any comments??

Daikin Aircons are indeed good... but just that the prices are very high... in fact the most expensive in market... I have been using it for 9 years and it nv give me any problem... I jus got a new Daikin Inverter and its performance is so far amazing...

Charlie_Zhang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my aircon just up lorry...
am looking at either daikin or mitsubishi system 3 ...
any recommendations on which model or combo to get?

is the pricing stated on coolserve website reasonable?

thanks in advance

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

I used Fujitsu once, and had to repair it twice within 5 years. I posted it on this thread...

I had air-con installations thrice (incl. one by GC). IMO the GC technician really knew what he was doing.

asiapacific

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I intend to replace my old aircon system 4 and have some questions, hope all who know can advice me.Thanks.

1)Normally the price quote include dismantling of old pipe and installing of newpipe?Or we must pay extra to dismantle old piping.

2) Is the dismantling of old aircon/piping and installation of new aircon/piping carried out on the same day?

3)Any good installer or company to recommend?:)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I intend to replace my old aircon system 4 and have some questions, hope all who know can advice me.Thanks.

1)Normally the price quote include dismantling of old pipe and installing of newpipe?Or we must pay extra to dismantle old piping.

2) Is the dismantling of old aircon/piping and installation of new aircon/piping carried out on the same day?

3)Any good installer or company to recommend?:)

1) i nv heard b4 dismantling needs to pay..

2) its possible.

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aircon just broke down. Compressor motor replacment will cost $400-$600.

2 units blowing out hot air. (not gas technician just checked)(also been leaking for about 3-4years)

1 unit in mbr still functioning as per normal.

Since its already 10 years+ old was thinking of replacing all of them.

Was previously using National(Panasonic) System 3.

After reading through it seems the most favourable brands are Daikin/Mitsubishi/Panasonic

1. Mitsubishi MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 3

2. Panasonic CU-3S27MKZ / CS-S9KKZW X 3

Leaning more towards the Mitsubishi not because of Jack Neo but because the National that i currently have kept giving me problems.

info that i've compiled.

2 kinds of refrigerant for inverters R22(older/top up cost $10?/not-eco friendly) and R410A(newer/top up cost $35?/eco friendly)

the latter is used in the Mitsubishi Electric MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 3 system.

9000btu is enough for hdb room size.

16mm drainage pipe would be good but 13mm is sufficient.

G23 Copper is good for pipings concealed in truckings.

Class 0 or Class 1 insulation doesn't matter. Brands like Aramflex/Thermaflex is common and good to go. (don't save on insulation)

>6 hrs daily, go for inverter. <6hrs daily, go for non-inverter

Savings of about $100+/- a month.(if used daily >6 hrs)

Lastly choose a reputable company.

Seems like GainC**y isn't that favourable here.

CoolS***e seems to be good but no installment plan?

AllB**t getting mix reviews.

BestT**h? not too sure about them.

Thinking of going with CoolS***e though they have higher prices. But would appreciate some advice before i make a move. Thanks!:)

Last edited:

Core2max

Reaction score
Inverter type will give more stable temperature as compared with non-inverter.

Go for inverter type if your budget allows.

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi uncle's daikin's pcb dunno wat unit in e compressor just went kaput.

the part alone costs about $300, then service another $80-90~ :s22::s22::s22:

about 3 years old only leh and now daikin say might not have the part available~:eek::eek:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
part not available maybe mean they got to order and ship over from overseas, not EOL.
maybe their unit is so reliable unit they hardy need to keep spare part. :s22:

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
part not available maybe mean they got to order and ship over from overseas, not EOL.
maybe their unit is so reliable unit they hardy need to keep spare part. :s22:

but kok leh, if need to wait for them to ship from japan means how many weeks boh AC siah.

no matter how good, sure got units spoil one wat, how can not have any ready stock :s16::s16:

cal3135

Reaction score
my 1st Toshiba Inverter lasted for ~8years, installer is GC.

just installed another inverter sys3 by GC.

wat i like abt GC is i can purchase another 4years of warranty, hence
no big shock on repair bill next 5 years.

also the workmanship is warrant for 36months. hope i need not use
this warranty

total spent abt $3k, break it down to 5 years, abt $600/year.
if it survive >5years, i be happier; else again will be another
aircon system change. by then should be able save enough.

lastly when GC install new sys3, all old trunking n pipes n wiring,
removed and new installed...:)

PS: not really buying an aircon, but is like buying insurance for aircon
next 5 years..... :s22:
hope this help u when deciding on your purchase... happY shopping;)

Air\

Seems like GainC**y isn't that favourable here.

Thinking of going with CoolS***e though they have higher prices. But would appreciate some advice before i make a move. Thanks!:)

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 1st Toshiba Inverter lasted for ~8years, installer is GC.

just installed another inverter sys3 by GC.

wat i like abt GC is i can purchase another 4years of warranty, hence
no big shock on repair bill next 5 years.

also the workmanship is warrant for 36months. hope i need not use
this warranty

total spent abt $3k, break it down to 5 years, abt $600/year.
if it survive >5years, i be happier; else again will be another
aircon system change. by then should be able save enough.

lastly when GC install new sys3, all old trunking n pipes n wiring,
removed and new installed...:)

PS: not really buying an aircon, but is like buying insurance for aircon
next 5 years..... :s22:
hope this help u when deciding on your purchase... happY shopping;)

thanks bro yes going for gaincity. going for the mitsubishi model at $2880++. i will also probably purchase the additional 4 years warranty for $399. hopefully everything goes well cause currently some parts of the trunking concealed by previous renovation works(false ceiling/toilet wooden cupboards. asked and they are using g23 copper pipes and amarflex insulation.

just to check is it Amaflex, Amarflex or Armaflex? seen a few variations here and googling seems to lead me to Armaflex insulation. haha duno whether they are the same thing. gaincity spelt it out to me as Amarflex.

was thinking whether to upgrade the master bedroom unit to 12000btu which cost around $100+ more and two common rooms as per normal 9000btu.

though gaincity advice dont need to upgrade 9000btu x 3 should be ok

but thinking since master bedroom has a toilet and a slight "corridor" which makes it abit bigger. dont want to over work the 9000btu unit in the master bedroom.

which model did you go for and overall cost?

Last edited:

Double_RR

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mum is planning to change our old and faulty system 3 for the flat. Is there any good and cheap recommendations. A major factor she looks into is 1) at least have a branding 2) energy saving 3) can be installment-ed.

Her budget will be somewhere not exceeding 3k

She shortlisted one offer from Courts
LG H3UC216FAO system-3
22,500BTU, gold fin condenser, Nano plus and self clear function

The offer includes free installation, 2yr warranty + 5yr extended warranty
Offer price - $2099

what do you think of this offer?

Thanks all!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.