Won Exchange Rate

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to define how good the rates are? If the difference is not that great then dont think is worth the effort

last time i tried changed at chinatown around 820, the following day reach icn change i got 860.

so about 5%?

so it depends on the total amount u changing also.
if its a few thousand why not?

but if just a few hundred, then don need to go all there to change.

tulipsgal

Reaction score
I m in Seoul now. The best rate I can get in Myeong-dong today is 852 and the rate I changed in SG is 860 so I guess the rate in SG is still better.

zelldincht

Reaction score
I agree the rate in SG is better, but surprisingly, they have extremely good rates for Yuan. Hence for those who have Yuan, or are in CHina before flying to Korea, its advisable to change Yuan at 明洞

drianist

Master Member
Reaction score
is it good to change now in sg or later in the month? i am traveling around mid march.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
Exchange rate update

I change yesterday at suntec fountain money changer 1 = 870

drianist

Master Member
Reaction score
changed today 7k won and 600 usd, 860 best so far at lucky plaza and other couple of places. USD increase , so WON also increase. usd 1.28

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.